Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Also no excuse for why it took them until week 6 to bring in a proper vet after they decided McCarron was not worth keeping when there was a 5th round pick on offer. Going with Allen and Peterman felt horribly like going with EJ and Tuel. 

McCarron didn't slip on a mat though so the handling of this QB situation was even more egregious. 

McBeane obviously had more faith in Peterman than we did.  They miscalculated that his play in training camp and the preseason would translate into the regular season.  Must of thought the Chargers game was a fluke.  McCarron pry didn't want to be 3rd string so they got what they could for him.  After the Baltimore game they should've signed a veteran asap.  Trade for RG3.  Sign Kaepernick.  Whatever it took to have a capable backup so we'd never have to see Peterman again.

9 hours ago, Success said:

I hate this.  Hopefully we look back in a few months and realize it was nothing, but the conflicting reports are unnerving.

I don’t mind him having some time off for awhile, though.  It should benefit as long as he fully recovers.

i don’t know or even care who is available - they HAVE to sign someone.  Make Romo an offer.  Even Fouts.

As Yolo said  none are conflicting.  

The ones that are are FAKE NEWS.   (Fake Twitter Accounts)

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh hello!  Just wandered through this thread and laughing at its arc from, "lose the locker room" to "Tommy John surgery"!!

In the end, it's a sprain and back in a few weeks.

My favorite part is the David Chao love.  This guy is a drunk, a pull pusher/addict, and, worst of all I think: an absolute hack as a surgeon.  Gruesome complications.  Totally discredited.  A pariah in his field--and justifiably so.

PRP?  Might as well just inject vaporized $100 bills into the wounded area.  Total voodoo.  I don't agree with many insurance coverage exclusions, but this one is legit.   No solid studies back up the use of this stuff and no one knows exactly how it might work, even if it did.  It appeals to rich athletes without obvious surgically correctable problems.  Often they have to leave the country to get this therapy..

Thanks WEO.   

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

If you want placebo, tell your doctor to pretend that the cortisone he/she injecting is a special "plasma" derived from your own  the blood of a Unicorn horn, filled with healing "factors"---but tell him/her that it's ok if its really just saline, you know, to keep it cheap.

Fixed it for you @Mr. WEO 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Double placebo! Even placebo squared...that is some next level sawbones.

Personally I go for melted Paleolithic ice cores and some tumeric. For inflammation and such. And it can actually be ingested through your mouth instead of injected. Fear of needles.

You're in Hawaii right?  

2 words 

Kona Gold 

Cd1zDi9W4AEo_v_.jpg

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

If you want placebo, tell your doctor to pretend that the cortisone he/she injecting is a special "plasma" derived from your own blood, filled with healing "factors"---but tell him/her that it's ok if its really just saline, you know, to keep it cheap.

I've never had PRP, but I can say from personal experience that ARPwave therapy is completely legit 

Excruciating to endure, but unmatched in pain relief IMO

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

I wonder if McD shelves the kid for the rest of the season.

I think the only way that happens is if DA comes in and lights it up to the point where they can’t take him out because they are in a playoff race. I highly doubt that’s what happens.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the only way that happens is if DA comes in and lights it up to the point where they can’t take him out because they are in a playoff race. I highly doubt that’s what happens.

I'm not sure that needs to happen. They don't need a QB to come in and light it up. They need a guy who can come in, complete some passes to keep drives going, not take so many sacks and help the offense put 24 or so points on the board per game. That really shouldn't be that hard considering the turnovers the D causes. Do that and the Bills would win games which would keep Allen on the bench.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MDH said:

I'm not sure that needs to happen. They don't need a QB to come in and light it up. They need a guy who can come in, complete some passes to keep drives going, not take so many sacks and help the offense put 24 or so points on the board per game. That really shouldn't be that hard considering the turnovers the D causes. Do that and the Bills would win games which would keep Allen on the bench.

“Lights it up” in Bills QB terms is what you describe 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/15/2018 at 11:15 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Allen was injured against Green Bay during one of his multitude of sacks and hits.  I think this is a re-hit to an existing injury, which are often worse.

Why I think that:

While I believe they genuinely wanted to focus on controlling the LOS and getting the run game going, I think the very low numbers of passes vs Tenn and Hou was because they were trying to play Allen through an injury that left him functional, and had him on a "pitch count". 

I think a number of other things point towards an Allen injury after GB:

-The sudden decision to pursue and sign Anderson (why now, and not before? Allen has needed a vet mentor next to him since before Week 1)

-Benjamin's comment about Josh Allen going in earlier than the rest of the team for "his routine" (what takes more time?  pain injections maybe?)

It's just my theory and might be totally whack though

20 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

As Hapless pointed out earlier, he may well have hurt the UCL in the GB game, and it was just a matter of time before a big throw worsened it. Who really knows, though ...

See Hapless's earlier post about the GB game. Regardless, he has a UCL injury of some sort. That appears to be undebatable. It's not a bone bruise or anything like that. 

So, I went back to the GB replay and couldn't find anything definitive, except circumstantial evidence in Allen's ill advised scramble late in 2Q. 

That's the one that ended in a wild scrum with GB players wildly going for the strip.  Immediately after that play, Allen's passes were in the dirt.  His INT into the endzone was also badly underthrown, when earlier in the game he was sailing the ball.   He also attempted only 2 long throws in the second half.

If we're looking at the culprit in GB, it's most likely his decision not to go down when there were no more yards to gain.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh hello!  Just wandered through this thread and laughing at its arc from, "lose the locker room" to "Tommy John surgery"!!

In the end, it's a sprain and back in a few weeks.

My favorite part is the David Chao love.  This guy is a drunk, a pull pusher/addict, and, worst of all I think: an absolute hack as a surgeon.  Gruesome complications.  Totally discredited.  A pariah in his field--and justifiably so.

Can you say more on this or provide a link or two?  I'm one of those who have been critiquing him (and taking a bit of heat for it). 

I know no evil of him though, just the feeling that it's unethical to be trading on his status as an MD and a former NFL team doctor to diagnose and pronounce courses of treatment from video

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can you say more on this or provide a link or two?  I'm one of those who have been critiquing him (and taking a bit of heat for it). 

I know no evil of him though, just the feeling that it's unethical to be trading on his status as an MD and a former NFL team doctor to diagnose and pronounce courses of treatment from video

Thanks.

I know that he was accused of negligence in his treatment of Junior Seau... not aware of the other stuff. I think he was fired from the Chargers. Ultimately he’s a practicing surgeon and usually correct about assessment/insight of injuries via video. I don’t like the way he presented his “info” yesterday. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/96226836

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the other line of thinking is that Allen isn’t progressing and it may be better to go back to the original plan of sitting him for the year to learn.

Just now, Buddy Hix said:

I think the other line of thinking is that Allen isn’t progressing and it may be better to go back to the original plan of sitting him for the year to learn.

From everything they’ve said, i think they believe he will learn on the field through reps. 

25 minutes ago, GG said:

So, I went back to the GB replay and couldn't find anything definitive, except circumstantial evidence in Allen's ill advised scramble late in 2Q. 

That's the one that ended in a wild scrum with GB players wildly going for the strip.  Immediately after that play, Allen's passes were in the dirt.  His INT into the endzone was also badly underthrown, when earlier in the game he was sailing the ball.   He also attempted only 2 long throws in the second half.

If we're looking at the culprit in GB, it's most likely his decision not to go down when there were no more yards to gain.

Oh Gawd that play.  Exhibit 101 of why Allen is Just Not Ready to play QB - if he ever does get there.

Right before he takes off, he has Clay wide open for an easy pitch and catch of 10 yds.  Clay is on the LOS with no one within 10 yds at the time he looks right at Allen, and his chances of running for the 1st are better than Allen's who is 8 yds back at that point, even if Allen fancies himself as a runner more than Clay.  If Allen didn't pull the trigger because he doesn't have confidence in himself he can make that throw while on the run, he simply can't play QB in the NFL - and I'm not one of the folks who is all "insta-bust" about him.

• Like (+1) 2