Pregame thread: Wk 6 Bills at Texans, 1 pm on CBS

10 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I was just answering a question about if Watson was playing based on a tweet I saw in another thread.  The league source probably came from the Texans...who else would know this?

As far as point spread and dominating wins, Houston has done nothing to deserve being considered an overwhelming favorite to win.  They're a so-so team even with two great DE's, a very good WR (that Tre should shut down), and possibly a budding QB - that's it.  The Bills are held in low esteem by the national media, which is why they're typically picked to lose.

Wasn't arguing any of this other stuff.  But whatever.

Understood re sources.  The Shady trade rumors came from a source too. 

Ergo my hesitation on “reliable” sources.   

I know how low the media viewes the Bills.   When a report is made with obvious errors you have to wonder.  

Most of of these people always pick against Buffalo and i get it.   

I also worry when they all pick the Bills.  

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..didn't you hear the echo??...........

Like a ripe melon ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Was checking out the Texans forums and some of the fans over there think our defense is almost as bad as our offense! I’m hoping they’ll be in for a big surprise today! LETS GO RUFF BUFF!!!!

Edited by Mac14
Spelling error
  • Like (+1) 1

They have to find a way to get more from the passing game, but I don’t think there is enough to work with to accomplish that.  Zay Jones seems to be coming along, but Benjamin is just taking up space and not contributing. 

They need some some quick passes where Allen is confident in the route, even if they don’t gain a lot of yards.  Longer developing routes will be a big problem against the Houston D who will be focused on stopping the run and daring the Bills to beat them passing.

if they fall behind early it could snowball as it has a few times already this season.

Edited by OldTimer1960

10 hours ago, Midwest1981 said:

FTR, CBS Sportsline makes their picks against the spread, so I don’t even think La Canfora is picking us either.

?. True that

30 minutes ago, Mac14 said:

Was checking out the Texans forums and some of the fans over there think our defense is almost as bad as our offense! I’m hoping they’ll be in for a big surprise today! LETS GO RUFF BUFF!!!!

We’ll see how wrong they are.  

22 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Love it. That’s when we tend to have our best games, when everyone counts us out, writes us off. Bring it on, go Bills!!!!!!!

My sentiments exactly NHK12 

31 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

They have to find a way to get more from the passing game, but I don’t think there is enough to work with to accomplish that.  Zay Jones seems to be coming along, but Benjamin is just taking up space and not contributing. 

They need some some quick passes where Allen is confident in the route, even if they don’t gain a lot of yards.  Longer developing routes will be a big problem against the Houston D who will be focused on stopping the run and daring the Bills to beat them passing.

if they fall behind early it could snowball as it has a few times already this season.

Yup.  Building the passing game is a must going forward.  

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Mac14 said:

Not worried about a fan forum......coaching staff however would be worth something.

Bills Radio Network:

• Alfred, NY: WZKZ (102 FM Hornell/Wellsville)
  • Amsterdam, NY: WKAJ (1120 AM)
  • Bath, NY: WABH (1380 AM)
  • Bradford, NY: WBRR (100.1 FM)
  • **Buffalo, NY: *** WGR 550 (550 AM)
  • Dansville, NY: WDNY (93.9 FM)
  • Dunkirk, NY: WDOE (94.9 FM/1410AM)
  • Elmira, NY: WNGZ (104.9 FM)
  • Erie, PA: WRIE (1260 AM)
  • Glenn Falls, NY: WMML (1230 AM/97.9FM)
  • Ithaca, NY: THE BUZZER WYXL (96.3 FM)
  • Jamestown, NY: WWSE (93.3FM) and WJTN (1240 AM)
  • Newark, NY: WACK (1420 AM)
  • Ogdensburg, NY: WQTK (92.7FM)
  • Olean, NY: THE PIG (95.7 FM)
  • Syracuse, NY: KROCK WKRL (100.9 FM, 106.5 FM and 94.9 FM Utica)
  • Syracuse, NY: WTKW (99.5 FM) and WTKV (105.5 FM)
  • **Toronto, CA: *** FAN 590 (590 AM)
  • Rochester, NY: WCMF 96.5 FM / WROC (950 AM ESPN)
  • Watertown, NY: WOTT (94.1 FM)

NFL Mobile App & NFL GamePass:

I hate not having Anderson active. I don’t care  what the situation, you can’t play Peterman. I’d rather see Anderson hand the ball off 30 times Incase of injury then Peterman. Peterman should have been instantly cut as soon as the ink dried on Anderson’s contract. Or at the absolute worst, dress all 3 today. This game is the swing game in the whole season. They absolutely are capable of hurting Allen. You can’t possibly turn to Peterman in a game like this.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Chris Brown ‏Verified account @ChrisBrownBills 12s12 seconds ago The #Bills inactives for today’s game vs. Houston 68 C. McDermott 75 W. Teller 65 I. Boettger 3 D. Anderson 45 M. Murphy 38 R. Lewis 51 J. Stanford 0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Some surprises there. Ryan Lewis and Julian Stanford both healthy scratches in favor of seemingly lesser players. Special teams?