Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

On 2/13/2020 at 5:23 PM, reddogblitz said:

Good point.

But, what is the big deal?  I have not heard him tell any stories of being in combat.  Unless I missed something.  He WAS in the Navy IN Afghanistan.  Are you saying that's not true?  So he got in without having to go to boot camp?  Is that his fault?  If you don't like it, complain to the Navy.

Where exactly has he misrepresented about his service? 

He's not Blumthal at least that I've heard.

If I'm wrong, please point it an instance of him lying about his military record.

:lol:

your right, what's the big deal of not informing yourself and taking what the MSM tells you as gospel.

is this a serious post?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did Pete Buttigieg do in the service

Buttigieg served for seven months in Afghanistan as a lieutenant in the U.S. Navy Reserve, returning to the United States on September 23, 2014. While deployed, he was assigned to the Afghan Threat Finance Cell, a counterterrorism unit that targeted Taliban insurgency financing.

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

Buttigieg served for seven months in Afghanistan as a lieutenant in the U.S. Navy Reserve, returning to the United States on September 23, 2014. While deployed, he was assigned to the Afghan Threat Finance Cell, a counterterrorism unit that targeted Taliban insurgency financing.

....ok so he wasn't a Rear Admiral.............

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, ALF said:

He sat in a cubicle in an office building on an American compound, occasionally venturing into secured areas for photo ops

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

He sat in a cubicle in an office building on an American compound, occasionally venturing into secured areas for photo ops

Thats all he was asked to do. 

I have no problem with it. 

There are a multitude of things to be skeptical about with him , no reason to bother with his limited service. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Thats all he was asked to do. 

I have no problem with it. 

There are a multitude of things to be skeptical about with him , no reason to bother with his limited service. 

While I agree with you, Rear Admiral Pete should be careful not to misrepresent his service. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think this is best place for this question- what are three legislative accomplishments of the Democrats since taking over the house? I  am not saying this sarcastically but I can not think of one.

Government shutdown / followup appropriations act

Impeachment

SECURE act

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think this is best place for this question- what are three legislative accomplishments of the Democrats since taking over the house? I  am not saying this sarcastically but I can not think of one.

Here's a good historical breakdown for each congressional term if interested.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/statistics

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Well.....................That should make him the democrat party frontrunner.................

so i read thru the linked tweet and then got distracted by the picture when i noticed, "hey, is that an HP Laserjet 4 or 5?  those things were workhorses"

god, i'm such a nerd :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No Pete.  Virtue-signaling white liberals, in their insulated echo chambers, have experienced the pain of the Trump administration more than anyone else.

The rest of America has been too busy living our lives to notice just how awful you think our deplorable lives really are

Edited by /dev/null
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Well.....................That should make him the democrat party frontrunner.................

They threw this crap at Trump in 2016 and he went up in the polls.

Edited by Doc Brown

...sorry Rush, Pete ain't butt hurt...............

Buttigieg says he's 'not going to be lectured on family values' by Rush Limbaugh

Former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg hit back at criticism from radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh for his comments about the 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful’s marriage.

Buttigieg said on Sunday that he is proud of his marriage and his husband following comments from Limbaugh about whether voters would elect him because he’s been “kissing his husband” on stage after debates.

“I am in a faithful, loving and committed marriage,” Buttigieg said during an appearance on “Fox News Sunday.” “I’m proud of my marriage. And I’m proud of my husband."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/buttigieg-says-hes-not-going-to-be-lectured-on-family-values-by-rush-limbaugh

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

Blatant pandering to black voters , as Mayor Butti doesn’t poll well with them ( likely due to his sexuality). As an aside, Limbaugh’s question is a fair one. Personally, I don’t want the leader of the free world to be kissing another man in public ( which would be often). Do I think he shouldn’t be able to get married ? Of course not, but I wouldn’t vote for that individual to be POTUS. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

That is exactly what I just realized I have wanted for a long time.?

I know you did.  The point is there really hasn't been any real bipartisan legislation passed since the early 2000's due to both parties continuing to move in the opposite direction leading to increased gridlock.  The only thing they can agree on seems to be extending the Patriot Act (just changing the name) and increased domestic/military spending.