Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

Just now, BillsRdue said:

I don't see it. Shady has been very vocal about his support for Buffalo and he's bought in. I'm glad they want him around.  This also shows the Bills are not in tank mode. The only question baffling me is the faith in our current WR's. They've made moves on the OL, but how they keep coming up empty at WR is troubling. 

We need better OL and WR so the idiots want to get rid of the only good offensive weapon this team has in favor for average to below average RBs.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

The posters who continue to undervalue what Shady means to this team amaze me.  His pedestrian numbers so far this season don't speak to his [still] elite talent -- you don't give that away unless somebody is offering stupid value.

Exactly and they know that their jobs likely hinge on the development of josh Allen. They are already devoid of offensive talent. Taking away the best player on that side of the ball in his rookie year, especially after they have established a rapport, doesn’t make sense. At this point they need to ADD offensive weapons, not take them away. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Epstein's Mother said:

Production means everything.  Money follows production and when production stops so does the money.

The productions hasnt stopped... money means nothing when you aren't replacing it with anything. Just becomes empty money for no reason.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

If we win today, we have a decent chance at 5-5 before the bye week.  Then 4 of the last 6 are at home, with games against the Jets, Lions and 2 versus Miami left.  

The playoffs are wide open and our defense may be good enough to get us there.  Making the playoffs two years in a row would do so, so, so much more for the Bills than a 3rd or 4th round pick for Shady will. 

Let's see what happens today.  If we win, I don't think you can trade him.

21 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

The Bills are not going to get extraordinary compensation for McCoy.  When you couple the NFL's declining value it puts on RB's with Shady's declining output and age it makes no sense for a team to overpay.

Unless you are Philly who knows they are in a window for another SB and feel he could greatly help get there. 

10 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Lol stop thinking about money it means nothing. This 8s the dumbest way to look at it. There is a reason the other RBs are making less money... they aren't as good.

You have to remember that a large contingent of fans care more about Mr. Pegula's financial well being than winning football games and are irresistibly drawn to "low cost, short term solutions".

• Haha (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Dumb dumb dumb

if they get good value they absolutely should move on from McCoy. 

"Unlikely" not won't.  They would, but their price is steep because his value is not just based on his "production." He is the heart and soul of the offense, just as Kyle is on D (and the team as a whole).

38 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I was looking at the $6M for next year. Yeah, I know the O has sucked this year, but I have hope that they'll add WR talent next year to open things up a little. If that happens, McCoy for $6M isn't a bad deal.

Now, if Philly makes us an offer we can't refuse, then I'm not opposed to trading him.

Shady adds a lot more to the O than what his current stats are. He is the only player that requires game planning against. Trading him means you've given up on the season, and no one is ready to admit that. Maybe after the Colts game...

59 minutes ago, eball said:

The posters who continue to undervalue what Shady means to this team amaze me.  His pedestrian numbers so far this season don't speak to his [still] elite talent -- you don't give that away unless somebody is offering stupid value.

How long do you think he maintains elite skills?

You think Allen has it tough now? Trade away the only player opposing defenses have to worry about and it'd be nearly impossible for Allen to find any success out there. Shady's a big fan of Allen and is helping him out with more than just on the field things. Hang onto him until you have a viable option ready to replace him, which they don't have right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

What does he mean to the WORST offense in the NFL who’s best game as an Offense had Him on the Sideline?? I 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

I don't see it. Shady has been very vocal about his support for Buffalo and he's bought in. I'm glad they want him around.  This also shows the Bills are not in tank mode. The only question baffling me is the faith in our current WR's. They've made moves on the OL, but how they keep coming up empty at WR is troubling. 

The available wr's right now is practically nothing. The list of FA wr's in March is weak. We're not wasting a ton of cap $ on 32 year old guys.  We'll probably draft 3 wrs. 

• Like (+1) 1