McDermott and Beane ought to feel utter terror about Allen

3 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

The great QBs are always studying formations on the side. Brady and Peyton immediately come to mind. They usually have an assistant helping to provide photos or screenshots of recent plays.  I often find it odd when I see a QB just sitting there.  Is he mentally putting himself in a good place, or is he just missing out on an opportunity to learn?  It seems like a QB coach or some other assistant should be going over things with him. 

By the way, when the OP starts with “With Allen looking as bad as he does...”  ...that’s not a diplomatic way to start an intelligent debate.  That’s a man on a mission.

Pretty much says it all

22 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

On a more serious note... cake or pie?  Discuss.

Pie.  Key lime best thing ever, followed by chocolate pecan bourbon and then of course there's apple.

Mere cake can not compete with the awesome wonders of pie.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I thought this was gonna be about how Allen likes to run for TDs and first downs.

Oh well...

I feel certain that linebacker leap took at least 5 years of McDermott's heart

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Pie.  chocolate pecan bourbon

OMG that sounds amazing.  I am glad my wife didn't catch the expression on my face reading this..... she would have NEVER have believed I was thinking about this kind of pie!

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

The great QBs are always studying formations on the side. Brady and Peyton immediately come to mind. They usually have an assistant helping to provide photos or screenshots of recent plays.  I often find it odd when I see a QB just sitting there.  Is he mentally putting himself in a good place, or is he just missing out on an opportunity to learn?  It seems like a QB coach or some other assistant should be going over things with him. 

By the way, when the OP starts with “With Allen looking as bad as he does...”  ...that’s not a diplomatic way to start an intelligent debate.  That’s a man on a mission.

Oh so I should have said his td int ratio is good and his comp percentage is stellar.

His numbers are bad and his play is a reflection. If you think otherwise then I don't know what you're watching.

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Pie.  Key lime best thing ever, followed by chocolate pecan bourbon and then of course there's apple.

I am dumbfounded that some people prefer cake to pie.

Pie is categorically superior in every single way 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I am dumbfounded that some people prefer cake to pie.

Pie is categorically superior in every single way 

You guys are wrong.      

Cheesecake and Carrot Cake run this town 

I think it's safe to say the off-season HAS to be spent upgrading the WR and O line.  

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

You guys are wrong.      

Cake wins for me.  Pie filling is great but the crust can make or break a good pie. 

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

You guys are wrong.      

Cheesecake?  How do you make it?  Prepare a crust.  Prepare a filling.  Put filling in crust.  Don't be fooled by a name.  Cheesecake is a form of pie.  How is it served even?  Cut into wedges!  A pie by any other name....still pie!

There can be no argument.  Pie is simply better.  If you think otherwise, I don't know what you're eating!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Oh so I should have said his td int ratio is good and his comp percentage is stellar.

His numbers are bad and his play is a reflection. If you think otherwise then I don't know what you're watching.

You may be correct in predicting that Allen will never be any good. I believe it’s too early to tell. 

I don’t think he is playing great.  I am concerned that he will be like Rob Johnson... he looked like he’d be good, he showed flashes of being good, but in the end he wasn’t good enough.

It’s just too early to tell. I want to believe. I want to like the guy. 

I also think he has bad receivers, a bad line, and bad coaches. I have a hard time condemning the guy under those circumstances.