Derek Anderson to sign with Bills per Mort

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

During Anderson stint with Carolina he completed 66% of his passes with an overall 90 QBR.

He is not a scrub.

I dunno about "scrub", but in that Carolina stint he was a mixed bag. 

In 2014 he took 2 games for Newton and won them both with 5 TD and 0 INT

In 2016 he took 2 games and lost them both with 2 TD and 5 INT.  Same OC.  Lead receptions Olsen followed by Benjamin both years.

Overall unsure on the difference - OL maybe?  Or maybe his arm fell off.

Dunno.

4 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Sure, he should. As a unpolished rookie it will be difficult for him to do that and avoid developing bad habits, which will in turn delay development. Only one cure for the oline, talent.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In 2016 he took 2 games and lost them both with 2 TD and 5 INT.  Same OC.  Lead receptions Olsen followed by Benjamin both years.

Dunno.

Is anyone convinced that Allen plays the whole year if we sign DA?

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

How does this leak out 2.5 hours before kickoff of a game? I thought things of this nature were going to be contained to avoid distractions. You don’t think Josh Allen is unaware of this and will put added pressure on him for today’s game? Unnecessary at this point in the week. 

If they're smart, not only did Josh Allen know about this already but they should have got them together for a brief meet and greet, at least remotely by videocon.

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Is anyone convinced that Allen plays the whole year if we sign DA?

Is anyone convinced that Allen plays the whole year if we don't sign DA?

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Anderson is 116 years old. Better than Peterman though.

Come on, he's only in his mid-60s.

In all seriousness, while I always thought Anderson was a decent QB, I'm stunned that he's only 35.  It seems like he's been around forever.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dunno.

Mixed bags is all that's out there.

My point was he is serviceable and probably the best vet backup QB available to help with Josh Allens development.

If worse comes to worse he is also better than Nate Peterman.

7 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Sure, he should. As a unpolished rookie it will be difficult for him to do that and avoid developing bad habits, which will in turn delay development. Only one cure for the oline, talent.

Well, YMMV but from watching the OL, it's maybe 30% they legit get beat (need more talent) and 60% the protections are wrong or they simply don't block a guy.

The latter should be able to be cut down with coaching.

Better than Peterman!  Well actually anyone really would be an improvement over Peterman......just one thing though....geezuzzz does this coaching regime know that there are 30 other teams out there besides the Bills and Panthers!?!?

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If they're smart, not only did Josh Allen know about this already but they should have got them together for a brief meet and greet, at least remotely by videocon.

Is anyone convinced that Allen plays the whole year if we don't sign DA?

Yes.

1 minute ago, JPP said:

Better than Peterman!  Well actually anyone really would be an improvement over Peterman......just one thing though....geezuzzz does this coaching regime know that there are 30 other teams out there besides the Bills and Panthers!?!?

2 hours ago, Estro said:

Bye bye Nate?  

Or is this possibly a move to get Allen back to the bench if they feel hes in over his head?

This team is more of a mess than I thought if it's the latter.

I doubt it but I wouldn't hate it.

Probably just a mentor. And about !@#$ing time I say.