5-4 Right Wing Court Majority. What Will They Do?

For decades the Conservatives have been dreaming of this moment and now it is about to arrive. There are probably hundreds of law suits waiting to be launched by Conservative activists to undo everything that has been built up by moderates and Liberals since the Progressive era. So all the wailing has been about how five men will get to allow states to ban abortion, but what else will they strike down? Gun laws of all sorts are probably toast. Obamacare is on life support. Is the EPA Constitutional? Campaign finance laws will be gone. FISA is totally safe, though :) 

So how far do you expect the Roberts Court to go striking down the moderate/Liberal programs that have been built up over the decades? Or will John Roberts stop this and join the liberals in protecting many programs. 

Do you think this will change almost everything, or just not be a big deal at all? 

Is there anything you think they she just get rid of? They have total power to destroy the entire liberal order! What's on your wish list to piss off Liberals? 

47 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

For decades the Conservatives have been dreaming of this moment and now it is about to arrive. There are probably hundreds of law suits waiting to be launched by Conservative activists to undo everything that has been built up by moderates and Liberals since the Progressive era. So all the wailing has been about how five men will get to allow states to ban abortion, but what else will they strike down? Gun laws of all sorts are probably toast. Obamacare is on life support. Is the EPA Constitutional? Campaign finance laws will be gone. FISA is totally safe, though :) 

So how far do you expect the Roberts Court to go striking down the moderate/Liberal programs that have been built up over the decades? Or will John Roberts stop this and join the liberals in protecting many programs. 

Do you think this will change almost everything, or just not be a big deal at all? 

Is there anything you think they she just get rid of? They have total power to destroy the entire liberal order! What's on your wish list to piss off Liberals? 

the progressive liberals are doing a fine job destroying themselves, thank you very much.

38 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ok, what would be the decision on Social Security then? Is that Constitutional? 

lol @ the thought that .gov will give back a money grab.

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well, according to the liberal histrionics, the Court is going to kill women, outlaw minorities, kill female minorities, institute a police state, kill minorities, and exterminate all grandmothers. Or something.

• Like (+1) 3

This is going to be even better when Ginsburg gets replaced, and then again when Breyer goes (he's only five years younger than Gisnburg).

Combine that with a voluntary retirement for Thomas, and President Trump will get to nominate five Justices, securing a 7-2 Court for the next 20 years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

This is going to be even better when Ginsburg gets replaced, and then again when Breyer goes (he's only five years younger than Gisnburg).

Combine that with a voluntary retirement for Thomas, and President Trump will get to nominate five Justices, securing a 7-2 Court for the next 20 years.

13 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Well, according to the liberal histrionics, the Court is going to kill women, outlaw minorities, kill female minorities, institute a police state, kill minorities, and exterminate all grandmothers. Or something.

What do you want them to rule on?? No wish list guys, or is this all an exercise of spitting in the eyes of the majority in this country? Trump is not from "We the People" he is a minority president and the senate too is a tool of the minority. Everything is in place for a mini-apartheid. 

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I so want Barrett to be the judge to replace Ginsburg.

• Like (+1) 2

As to the OP, the main thing is the Supreme Court will no longer be used to circumvent the legislature and impose progressive agendas that can't get through Congress. What the fascist Left counts on is imposing unpopular social engineering by fiat in the courts, raising up young folks in the ideological training centers known as schools, then waiting on traditionalists to die off. That way, they expect a rising generation that will presume the imposed norms are just and acceptable. 

• Like (+1) 4

Let me make my position a little clearer. The entire world should not know how the Supreme Court will rule prior to a case being heard. This is the unfortunate state we currently live in. We know how cases will be handled (for the most part) becaus to of the politics behind the sitting judges. Instead of making political statements, I just want them to take the facts of the case at hand and make a decision.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, nkreed said:

Let me make my position a little clearer. The entire world should not know how the Supreme Court will rule prior to a case being heard. This is the unfortunate state we currently live in. We know how cases will be handled (for the most part) becaus to of the politics behind the sitting judges. Instead of making political statements, I just want them to take the facts of the case at hand and make a decision.

Actually, they should.  The Constitution isn’t that hard to interpret.  

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, whatdrought said:

With any luck they will use their widespread, sweeping, unchecked power to send you to Europe, or some other beacon of liberal political genius where you can really be happy. 

You'd need some power to take me out! 

1 hour ago, nkreed said:

Actually, a great many, if not most, Supreme Court decisions are 9-0/8-1/7-2. They just aren't widely reported, because they're non controversial resolutions to splits between the circuits on minor things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Proper dueling is done with edged weapons, you ninny.

Proper mayhem? So Andrew Jackson was doing it wrong? Same with Hamilton? You are the ninny. 

But it I think Abe Lincoln was going to fuel with swords. Look that up for me 

8 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Actually, a great many, if not most, Supreme Court decisions are 9-0/8-1/7-2. They just aren't widely reported, because they're non controversial resolutions to splits between the circuits on minor things.

In 2017, 32 of the 75 cases the Supreme Court heard were either unanimous opinions or unanimous rulings with additional concurrences (i.e. no dissent).  Another 15 had two or fewer dissenters.  

34 minutes ago, bdutton said:

This is the only thing you have posted since I joined this board that makes a lick of sense.

Let's be real. There was a 50-50 chance of getting it right.

• Haha (+1) 2