The Rosen Era Has Begun in Arizona

26CornerBlitz

He sucks because according to threads on this board:

1. The Allen homers here say so because by shear geography their guy is better

2. Jeremy White apparently likes him

3. Liberals like him, although I am not clear how that can be know or where the connection come in, unless

4. Because he's smart and and has an opinion and neanderthals are threatened by intelligence and don't have the mental fortitude to understand anyone who questions normative positions and ideals

He doesn't actually suck. He's a rookie, they ALL struggle. Rookies will rookie. 

Edited by zonabb

9 minutes ago, zonabb said:

He sucks because:

1. The Allen homers here say so

3. Liberals like him, although I am not clear how that can be know or where the connection come in, unless

Sounds like we have some bitterness right here. Dude, he's not been good this year. Period.

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, zonabb said:

4. Because he's smart and and has an opinion and neanderthals are threatened by intelligence and don't have the mental fortitude to understand anyone who questions normative positions and ideals

He doesn't actually suck. He's a rookie, they ALL struggle. Rookies will rookie. 

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 7

To zoneabb--I think you are missing the point.  Neither Allen nor Rosen have lit the world up, they look like rookies.  But the "we should have taken Rosen over Allen crowd"  contend that Rosen's performances thus far, compared to Allen, somehow validate their position.  Last night is evidence that is clearly  untrue.  Reality is that the jury is out on both of them.  But those that say it has been demonstrated that that we should have taken Rosen are presenting "alternative facts."  Such is the state of discourse in the age of Trump. Just make stuff up to support your preordained conclusion. 

Edited by Casey D
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, zonabb said:

Ah yes, a “***** Trump” hat is the true sign of a visionary with mental fortitude in the year of our Lord 2018.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, zonabb said:

yikes...

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Sounds like we have some bitterness right here. Dude, he's not been good this year. Period.

Top 10 pick A: 75/139 for 832 yards, 2 TDs, 5 INTs, 21 Sacks for 167 yards

Top 10 pick B: 71/129 for 820 yards, 3 TDs, 5 INTs, 13 Sacks for 94 yards

I'd suggest we give it a little longer.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Since when do stat lines tell the complete story?  They are both in bad situations that exacerbate rookie inexperience. 

...realistically and logically (could be stumbling blocks), EVERY rook QB in this class has a LONG way to go before determining if they are good, bad  or indifferent.......read an article where an NFL exec said a "50 game window" is generally used for valid assessment......here you're lucky if you get 50 MINUTES.........

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That's kind of exactly my point.

For all the "WRONG JOSH" people around here, he's looked about the same as Allen, with MUCH better offensive weapons.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Since when do stat lines tell the complete story?  They are both in bad situations that exacerbate rookie inexperience. 

Their NFL production is similar. Never intended to tell a 'complete' story with 3 line of text. The point is it's pretty difficult to say one sucks and the other doesn't or that we're glad we picked A over B at this point in time. We don't have the complete story, or even the first chapter for that matter.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

That's kind of exactly my point.

For all the "WRONG JOSH" people around here, he's looked about the same as Allen, with MUCH better offensive weapons.

I still think we picked the wrong Josh, not that I've rooted against ours whatsoever. My point is that 4-5 games into their careers is hardly the time to make a definitive stand. The 'wrong Josh' crowd took a stance before either took an NFL snap based on what they observed, or heard maybe, on the decision of who to take. Time will tell whether either ends up being good, but now is not that time.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Their NFL production is similar. Never intended to tell a 'complete' story with 3 line of text. The point is it's pretty difficult to say one sucks and the other doesn't or that we're glad we picked A over B at this point in time. We don't have the complete story, or even the first chapter for that matter.

Way too early with much to be written before the book is complete on either. 

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Don't forget the 3 rushing TD's for Top 10 pick A.

One of the biggest reasons I didn't want Rosen was his attitude. I didn't think coming from a rich family/southern CA lifestyle would mix well in Buffalo.

His mannerisms last night when things weren't going his way came off kind of like a Jay Cutler, just kind of pissy, and I believe that stems from his upbringing. Allen is much more humble and down to earth, more "Blue collar" so to speak.

That may not mean anything in terms of if he will ever be a good qb, but I am happy with our pick of Allen over Rosen, Allen may take longer to get to a final product of a "franchise qb" but he is a perfect fit for Buffalo and he has all the potential in the world. I just hope he learns quick, because Buffalo fans are VERY IMPATIENT

• Like (+1) 2

I cant even imagine the board meltdown that would occur if Allen were to have a game like Rosen had last night. And I understand that most of it was on the OL and bad coaching (hmm, that sounds familiar). But those picks were approaching EJ Manuel levels of failure.

All the rookie QBs ahve shown they have a lot of developing to do. That shouldnt be a surprise to anyone considering they are ROOKIES.

I think we have a good prospect in Allen, IF we have the staff to develop him and surrounding team mates that can help him succeed (just let every other prospect in the history of the game).

• Like (+1) 2