Tyrod Taylor finally unleashed in a "competent offense with weapons."

BringBackOrton

46 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Lo and behold my children, the miracle of Tyrod Taylor.  Gone are the foolish OC's, your Greg Roman's, your Anthony Lynn's, your Rick Dennison's.  Yes, these men all had promising career's before Tyrod but he exposed them as the hacks they are!  Gone are the terrible weapons of Watkins, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin, Clay, Benjamin, Shady.  I ask, were any of these players successful at any point in their careers without Tyrod manning the QB station? The results speak for themselves!

Behold what Tyrod has accomplished going to a competent organization chock full of first round picks and cap space.  An organization who needed a QB that was a pillar of stability.  Surround him with weapons, with WR's who have had career success or were highly drafted, with a HB group that can beat you several different ways, with a promising OL, and a defense filled to the brim with talent.  Look upon Tyrod's works, ye mighty, and despair!

image.thumb.png.541fd71fd76bb666cded3e8107788509.png

You thought the two time ninth AFC Pro Bowl alternate would fail?  Repent!

If i could read through the blurriness i might be impressed

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If he wins a playoff game I will still eat my shoe. I always felt that we should've suck with Fitz and drafted good talent around him while grooming a young QB behind him. The Weapons Taylor had are still producing solid to good numbers for other teams. The weapons Fitz had are working at UPS and Jewel now.

Absolutely agree on the Fitz thing.

We could and should have kept Fitz at his reasonable contract and we STILL could have drafted Manuel in the 1st.  And at that point at least Manuel wouldn't have been forced to play... unless that damn mat would have just hunted Fitz down somehow the way it did Kolb.

Speaking of which, that choice of Kolb was a really underwhelming vet to bring in, anyway... kinda like AJ McCarron this year  :doh:

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

A lot of his sacks are scrambles that go OOB behind the line of scrimmage. Still counts as a sack, doesn't mean he isn't still running.

I understand that, which is why I was curious as to the nature of his sacks.. So he’s still taking off and running a lot vs. staying in the pocket then? I haven’t seen him except on highlights, etc. But if he’s still bailing out too early, I can see his OC telling Hue that he’d rather have Baker in there. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Lo and behold my children, the miracle of Tyrod Taylor.  Gone are the foolish OC's, your Greg Roman's, your Anthony Lynn's, your Rick Dennison's.  Yes, these men all had promising career's before Tyrod but he exposed them as the hacks they are!  Gone are the terrible weapons of Watkins, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin, Clay, Benjamin, Shady.  I ask, were any of these players successful at any point in their careers without Tyrod manning the QB station? The results speak for themselves!

Behold what Tyrod has accomplished going to a competent organization chock full of first round picks and cap space.  An organization who needed a QB that was a pillar of stability.  Surround him with weapons, with WR's who have had career success or were highly drafted, with a HB group that can beat you several different ways, with a promising OL, and a defense filled to the brim with talent.  Look upon Tyrod's works, ye mighty, and despair!

And how many wins does he have?  He’s not 2-0.  He’s -0-1-1

Edited by NewEra

Tyrod is as Tyrod does. What he is and what he does has been apparent to me since the Cincy game in the middle of 2016. His limitations are laid bare and the league has seen them. 

I wasn't a big Allen guy coming out but sign me up for taking my lumps with someone like Josh who has a chance to be better than serviceable. 

Tyrod is a decent guy and a decent bridge Quarterback. There is no disgrace in that. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Absolutely agree on the Fitz thing.

We could and should have kept Fitz at his reasonable contract and we STILL could have drafted Manuel in the 1st.  And at that point at least Manuel wouldn't have been forced to play... unless that damn mat would have just hunted Fitz down somehow the way it did Kolb.

Speaking of which, that choice of Kolb was a really underwhelming vet to bring in, anyway... kinda like AJ McCarron this year  :doh:

I stopped reading when you said "still could have drafted Manuel in the 1st".

1 hour ago, pop gun said:

He's been downright horrible in the first half of games even through the 3rd quarter. Been better in the 4th quarter when he hasn't had a choice but to throw the ball.

22 pass yards in the 1st quarter of 2 games, wow that's bad.

Split Value Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD 1D Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 1D
Quarter 1st Qtr 6 11 5 54.55 22 0 2 0 60.0 1   2.0 2.00 3 22 7.3 0 1
  2nd Qtr 9 11 2 81.82 94 0 4 0 102.3 3   8.5 8.55 3 11 3.7 0 1
  3rd Qtr 7 14 7 50.00 97 0 4 0 72.6 3   6.9 6.93 3 35 11.7 1 2
  4th Qtr 13 27 14 48.15 215 2 7 2 69.2 2   8.0 6.11 3 35 11.7 0 1
  OT 2 7 5 28.57 15 0 0 0 39.6 1   2.1 2.14 0 0   0 0
  1st Half 15 22 7 68.18 116 0 6 0 80.9 4   5.3 5.27 6 33 5.5 0 2
  2nd Half 20 41 21 48.78 312 2 11 2 70.4 5   7.6 6.39 6 70 11.7 1 3

OMG.

This entire thread is rich. You guys are pointing at a QB on another team and talking about a passing "attack". Perhaps you should all just sit in the corner and not worry about what another team has at QB. 

And yeah, he did enough to win two games against the Saints and the Steelers. That's about what the guy is and was - someone that gave you a chance. Good luck finding a chance in the next two years.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, starrymessenger said:

I stopped reading when you said "still could have drafted Manuel in the 1st".

What I'm saying is that if their plan was to draft a QB in that draft, whoever their QB may have been, the choice to draft a QB or keep Fitz weren't mutually exclusive.

We could have done both.  There was no reason to let Fitz go.

Manuel probably never would have had it in him to be a viable NFL starting QB.  He's just too emotionally and mentally frail.  I agree with you there.  I think Trent Edwards had a better chance to be a Franchise QB than Manuel if he didn't get knocked the !@#$ out by Adrian Wilson in Arizona.  But those chances would have at least increased if he sat behind a smart, tough vet like Fitz and, at worst, we could have just kept playing Fitz.

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Between this and your user name makes me wonder if Facebook stalking ex girlfriends is a routine Saturday night.

• Haha (+1) 1

If not for a terrible kicker, Browns would be 2-0.  

Meanwhile, Bills have 2nd lowest points scored in the league and have also allowed the most points in the league.  We started the worst QB in NFL history week 1 and had a player retire at halftime week 2.  

Bills fans are literally the last people on Earth that should be mocking another team or player right now given what we have put on the field so far.

Second, who the hell cares, Tyrod is gone, some people need to let it go or seek therapy to help them cope with their PTSD (Post Tyrod Stress Disorder).

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Meanwhile, Bills have lowest points scored in the league and have also allowed the most points in the league.  We started the worst QB in NFL history week 1 and had a player retire at halftime week 2.  

Bills fans are literally the last people on Earth that should be mocking another team or player right now given what we have put on the field so far.

Second, who the hell cares, Tyrod is gone, some people need to let it go or seek therapy to help them cope with their PTSD (Post Tyrod Syndrome Disorder).

Syndrome Disorder? Back to drawing board, pal.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Meanwhile, Bills have lowest points scored in the league and have also allowed the most points in the league.  We started the worst QB in NFL history week 1 and had a player retire at halftime week 2.  

Second, who the hell cares, Tyrod is gone, some people need to let it go or seek therapy to help them cope with their PTSD (Post Tyrod Syndrome Disorder).

Cardinals.