Is anyone THAT upset being 0-2?

Steptide

4 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

I'm not upset at the actual record, as I had them starting 0-4.  What I am concerned about is the decision making PROCESS so far. McDermott being hired before Beane started the ball rolling in the wrong direction from the get go.  I think McClappity will prove out to be a failure.  I'd be interested to see what would happen if Beane was kept on board and allowed to hire a coach.  IMO a lot of Beane's bad decisions in free agency and draft trade up's have a McDermott character before talent stink to them.

I believe Beane and McDermott are a package deal.  They will either succeed or fail together. 

3 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Yeah, because the Chargers were on cruise control. 

We need to score a TD before we're down by 20+ 

yes.  more tds would be nice.  it might take a rookie qb developing to see more of those.

11 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

So, you think they stopped trying to pass in the second half?

Really?

they were in garbagetime prevent D grind-out-the-clock mode 1000%

for a few second it looks like they might go back to "lights on" mode, but that vanished

It was too nice a day to spend it inside watching football when i could be on the water. Still listened to some of it simply because I was curious as to how JA would do. Other then that, i was having some fun in the sun on the water. Not bummed about the loss at all here. I am encouraged by JA's second half performance though.

After that 1st half yesterday, I was a little upset. If we are going to loose a lot of games, fine. I do hope we can at least not lose by 30 every game. I'm encouraged greatly by that second half when McDermott took the defensive reigns. I suspect we might see a change in coaching sometime this year on he defensive end. 

• Like (+1) 1

I found myself reverting to how I was during the Rex error, I actually started laughing a few times during the game.

We have offensive linemen who can't block, we have receivers who can't catch the ball, we had a guy that got dressed at halftime and went home, stupid penalties etc etc etc ...

Apathy is coming on strong.

15 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

So, you think they stopped trying to pass in the second half?

Really?

it is a little much that people keep going here.  the ravens certainly didn't back off in the second half of that game.  the bills improved somewhat in the second half of the chargers game.  it's ok to see that happen and not **** all over it.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, teef said:

not at all.  i don't expect many wins, but as others have mentioned, i do at least expect this team to put up a fight.  it seemed to happen a bit in the second half yesterday, so i'd like to see if it carries over.

not at all.  but I do expect wins shortly.  

20 minutes ago, nucci said:

amazing how so many just accept losing with the hope we may have a decent team in 3-4 years

This is what consistent losing does to you - it saps the joy and logic from your mind and you pine for 2-3 wins versus 9-10 wins.  Honestly tho - this "seems" like the first time in years that there MIGHT be a plan in place to get better.  I said seems and might so we shall see - the jury is out on the Bills at this point other than they are gonna lose many more games than win this year.....sux but it is the truth

better to have a GM with a clue and draft a Hall of Famer or two and build on him

even better to draft a Hall of Famer and have him get pro experience in a rival league so he can join the other Hall of Famers at just the right time

that will happen again....

Just now, teef said:

it is a little much that people keep going here.  the ravens certainly didn't back off in the second half of that game.  the bills improved somewhat in the second half of the chargers game.  it's ok to see that happen and not **** all over it.

Correct. It's just !@#$ing wrong.

I really think the drought demented people in a way that just can't be quantified.

Just now, Kwai San said:

This is what consistent losing does to you - it saps the joy and logic from your mind and you pine for 2-3 wins versus 9-10 wins.  Honestly tho - this "seems" like the first time in years that there MIGHT be a plan in place to get better.  I said seems and might so we shall see - the jury is out on the Bills at this point other than they are gonna lose many more games than win this year.....sux but it is the truth

I'm sure there is a plan to get better,  but is it a good plan?

• Like (+1) 1