Week 2: Bills vs. Chargers Postgame - Problems with the Process

26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, EersN'Bills said:

1.) Defense in the 2nd Half after McD took over the playcalling.

2.) Allen. For his first game, with that offense, he played well. Made rookie mistakes but that's to be expected.

Right now, we're projected to have $90 Million in cap space next offseason according to Spotrac and will have a high draft pick. The future is bright. 

Agree.   We just have to get through this season.   5-6 wins would be nice. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

This kid has my confidence. QB of the future.

This was one of the best things I saw today.

Always encouraging all of his teammates offense AND defense.

Always looking at the playbook and with the headphones on while he's on th e sideline.

Talk about feeling our way around to start the season... last week it was figuring out the QB position. This week it was figuring out the defense.

I think if we can eek out a win in the next 2 weeks and be 1-3 going into the softer part of our schedule we should all be ecstatic.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Domdab99 said:

Josh Allen, with an historically bad supporting cast around him, looks pretty damn promising. He's going to take some lumps this year, and throw some picks, but, man, he is poised and talented.

On another note, this team does not deserve us.

The team that played the second half I will cheer for all day! 

Allen showed a lot and the second half. The D got better as the game went on, that typically doesn’t happen when you are losing. 

Not only did the team not quit it played better in adversity. 

Another draft and FA and I think we are going to get rewarded for our patience. Stay the course.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McDermott and Player Interviews along with Postgame analysis links.

Did anyone else wonder whose suitcoat Josh Allen was wearing?  Looked like you coulda put about 1.5 of him in that thing.  Either that or it’s cut to fit over a flak jacket - a big one.

Except for one horrible flashback when he started the presser saying ‘It’s hard to win football games in the NFL” (aaaaaaaarrrrgh!) pretty good presser.

You could tell he wasn’t thrilled to be out there, but he handled himself pretty well.

I liked the way he kind of lit up when he was asked if he watched Rivers and what he learned from it.  If he loves football that much that he’s learning from the opposing QB during a butt-whupping, we may have something.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

No no no.

McD of course should be calling D. Frazier is a very experienced Coach. You don't dump him. you tweak him. He does not need to be fired. the way the HC commands the game perhaps

The defense is terrible. You fire him. I don’t care how dumb other teams have been for keeping him in the league for a while.

Certainly more hopeful after watching half #2.  Defense woke up, KB even caught some passes including a td. Excited to see the progress Josh makes.  Almost wish the Bills would just go hire a good retired qb just to sit with him during the games and show him stuff,  Does Peyton want to b a q whisperer?

4 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Certainly more hopeful after watching half #2.  Defense woke up, KB even caught some passes including a td. Excited to see the progress Josh makes.  Almost wish the Bills would just go hire a good retired qb just to sit with him during the games and show him stuff,  Does Peyton want to b a q whisperer?

Pretty sure Peyton joined a band.

GAME RECAP: Bills fall to the Chargers in home opener

Regular season records: Buffalo (0-2), Los Angeles (1-1)

In a nutshell:

The Bills woke up on both sides of the ball in the second half, but they ultimately couldn’t overcome the dynamic Chargers offense, dropping their home opener by a score of 31-20.

Following a lackluster first half, Buffalo’s offense improved in the third and fourth quarters, breaking off a few big plays and scoring their first touchdown of the season. The Bills outscored Los Angeles in the second half. Unfortunately, they were unable to overcome the 22-point deficit they entered halftime with.

The Bills’ defense also improved dramatically in the second half, holding the Chargers to just three points. Lorenzo Alexander was a consistent playmaker for Buffalo on Sunday, totaling seven tackles and a sack.

With the loss, Buffalo fell to 0-2 on the young season.

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

If he can just learn to not look 30 yards down field every throw, he can be really good 

Agreed..he needs some time....just think how it must be going from mountain west competition...to elite level competition