Did Vontae Davis retire at halftime? Yes, yes he did!

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Does the man have a history of drug arrests, mental illness or substance abuse? There would seem to be no chance that there is not much more to this story.

I hope that he doesn't have a serious problem but I wouldn't bet on it. :(

lol seriously? 

These responses are hilarious. He probably should have waited until the end of the game, but it doesn't change anything. He realizes he sucks now, time to hang em up. Gotta do what's best for you at the end of the day, F everyone else

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Does the man have a history of drug arrests, mental illness or substance abuse? There would seem to be no chance that there is not much more to this story.

I hope that he doesn't have a serious problem but I wouldn't bet on it. :(

His body just broke down after some injuries and he’s not mentally tough - that’s really it.

10 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

His body just broke down after some injuries and he’s not mentally tough - that’s really it.

OK Coach. I'm just having a hard time processing this. I mean.... he could have faked an injury for the rest of the game and not publicly disgraced himself.

Even for the Bills, this is very strange.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

Would've loved to have been inside the locker room at halftime.  This is where Buffalo Bills Embedded would've been much see TV.

Is this Billy Joe Hobert bad?  Probably worse. 

Edited by Doc Brown

8 minutes ago, Your brain broke said:

lol seriously? 

These responses are hilarious. He probably should have waited until the end of the game, but it doesn't change anything. He realizes he sucks now, time to hang em up. Gotta do what's best for you at the end of the day, F everyone else

True , but to abandon ship at half time? I am not sure if I have ever heard of that in any sport ever. I can remember in hockey Mike Cammaleri getting traded between the 2nd and 3rd periods so he didn't finish the game but that was the GM's classless move. This is one of the weirdest decisions Ive seen a player make ever. Let alone an NFL player!!

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Is this Billy Joe Hobert bad?  Probably worse. 

Yes. Yes it is. This incident should be engraved in Bills lore as one of the Bills-iest things. It would have made sense if he was injured.

Other CBs have been burned to a crisp and didn't quit mid-game.

Edited by HalftimeAdjustment
Added more

4 hours ago, eanyills said:

As a guy who goes to great lengths to protect his players, McD’s answers about Vontae speak loudly.

I expect him to be cut immediately.

No not immediately.  They need to make sure he is on proper list so that can attempt to get part of signing bonus and pay.

1 minute ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

I'm gonna be pissed if this guy somehow someway is playing defense on a certain team from Foxboro next week....

As for retiring, could this not wait until the end of the game? Come on dude...

It can't happen so don't really sweat it.

But, if we pretend that retiring lets you magically go play for another team, you'd actually want this guy playing for your opponent.

• Like (+1) 1