Did Vontae Davis retire at halftime? Yes, yes he did!

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, if he's retiring, we ought to thank him because he won't have to be paid (and can the Bills claw back any signing bonus money?).  So I'm expecting a kind of "umm, I didn't really retire" thing tomorrow, as soon as he talks to his agent.

And they'll put him on the "reserve/left squad" list and not pay him anyway. 

Just now, Bob in STL said:

Did not say I bought the reason.  I said he had on and he did not quit in the game.   huge difference. 

I don't care about the rumors either. 

I think Boldin quit on McBeane after he saw what was happening in person.  Not a good look.

P.S. If I came across as a little strong in my reply to your earlier post, I did not mean to and I apologize.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep 4M dead cap no matter what retired or cut. 

I think that's right, thinking back to Eric Wood.  Who would've thought bringing in a 29 year old DT and and 30 year old CB coming off a major injury could turn out bad?

EDIT: while also making a 20 year old raw athlete our defensive signal caller.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

He did not communicate a thing to the coaches because McD said after the game that  "he took himself out"  McD did not know why.

I would criticize him all day long for quitting.  Even if he did not want to play for whatever reason why not come out and be with the team?  If he is injured that is one thing but if he was injured McD did not know about it. 

Oh boy...

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I think that's right, thinking back to Eric Wood.  Who would've thought bringing in a 29 year old DT and and 30 year old CB coming off a major injury could turn out bad?

It is a good thing that McBeane are getting rid of the "bad contracts."