Bills Release WR Jeremy Kerley; Sign DT Robert Thomas from PS

26CornerBlitz

58 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I can't believe Ducasse is still on this team. At least with Miller you have the excuse that he's still relatively young but Ducasse has proven that he's garbage in the NFL.

Judging from his game-one grade and also his grades from the second half of last season, Ducasse is the hands-down best offensive lineman on the team right now. I'm not saying he's good, btw. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Judging from his game-one grade and also his grades from the second half of last season, Ducasse is the hands-down best offensive lineman on the team right now. I'm not saying he's good, btw. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Never.......post ....again.  Dawkins is the best OL we have

• Haha (+1) 1

I think between the dead cap we're paying McCarron, Coleman, & Kerley that would've paid the part of Cordy Glenn's salary we saved by trading him.  Or would have been pretty close to paying for Dareus.  

I know 2018 is all about Allen and players like Kerley, W/Ls, etc really don't matter that much.  But with each of these transactions I am losing faith that the current Bills front office knows how to successfully build a roster and am especially concerned that they don't seem to be doing a very good job managing the salary cap.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Never.......post ....again.  Dawkins is the best OL we have

Really?? (As an aside, being a snarky d**k in debate just makes you look like a jerk.) I like Dawkins, but he's currently average at best. He has potential, but he ain't there yet. More to the point, with regard to your snark:

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-buffalo-bills-all-22-review-week-1-vs-baltimore-ravens

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/2017-buffalo-bills-all-22-in-review-guards_centers

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/2/25/17032128/2017-buffalo-bills-had-some-salary-cap-bargains-disappointments-jerry-hughes-vlad-ducasse-zay-jones

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/dion-dawkins/11818

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/vladimir-ducasse/5586

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

I think between the dead cap we're paying McCarron, Coleman, & Kerley that would've paid the part of Cordy Glenn's salary we saved by trading him.  Or would have been pretty close to paying for Dareus.  

I know 2018 is all about Allen and players like Kerley, W/Ls, etc really don't matter that much.  But with each of these transactions I am losing faith that the current Bills front office knows how to successfully build a roster and am especially concerned that they don't seem to be doing a very good job managing the salary cap.  

"that would've paid the part of Cordy Glenn's salary we saved by trading him. "

Why do so many  - including "professional" media people - keep talking about the Glenn and Taylor TRADES as if they were only salary moves??

Without those two trades (for picks), the Bills don't have Allen and Edmunds right now - they are the future of this team.

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Teflon Juan. Stunting OL development since 1999

24 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

If you believe in PFF - DuCasse is a lot better than he appears to us mortals.  <shrug>

He's really not that bad, although he was terrible early on in 2017. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Teflon Juan. Stunting OL development since 1999

There's no sustained argument here. Point? (PS - i have an earlier post breaking down philly offensive performance from 2001-2010, when they finished in the top 12 almost every year.)

Edited by dave mcbride

I’m not gonna sit here and tell people to stop complaining you have the right

but if this all breaks differently and you end up being wrong then have the balls to call me back and say so say so don’t sit there and explain how you were not wrong or dissappear

ita so easy to take the negative side with the history of this team I feel mcd and beane are different cats then pelrevious years this just might be a tough year to swallow because we are breaking in a rook and doing by hav enough experienced talent

24 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

Except getting rid of Glenn and Dareus was about clearing out their cap responsibilities towards those players beyond 2018, which they did.

Dimarco only played one play because of how the game played out. We got no first downs in the first half. A bunch of penalties caused long down and distance, so passes became a necessity. We never got a running game going and by the second half and Josh came in we were passing on virtually every play and the ones we didn't we were in passing formations and the defense was expecting a pass. It's not as though he wasn't part of the game plan.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

Except getting rid of Glenn and Dareus was about clearing out their cap responsibilities towards those players beyond 2018, which they did.

Right.  Which at the time I understood.  I didn't like the idea of losing that much talent on the Oline & Dline, but I understood we were saving the money going forward.  

Then they spent $50mil on Star (over the length of the contract) and another ~$15-$20mil this year on Vontae Davis/Chris Ivory/McCarron/Coleman/Kerley/Bodine.  I'd rather have Glenn & Dareus at that point.  The people they are spending salary cap $$ on appear to be worse than the players they cut/traded to free up the space in the first place I guess is my issue.  

Edited by Adam727
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Dimarco only played one play because of how the game played out. We got no first downs in the first half. A bunch of penalties caused long down and distance, so passes became a necessity. We never got a running game going and by the second half and Josh came in we were passing on virtually every play and the ones we didn't we were in passing formations and the defense was expecting a pass. It's not as though he wasn't part of the game plan.

Yep, that’s why Shady only had 7 carries. I’m very sure that was not the plan.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

but if this all breaks differently and you end up being wrong then have the balls to call me back and say so say so don’t sit there and explain how you were not wrong or dissappear

ita so easy to take the negative side with the history of this team I feel mcd and beane are different cats then pelrevious years this just might be a tough year to swallow because we are breaking in a rook and doing by hav enough experienced talent

I know that I CAN be wrong and I will have no problem admitting it, but I don't think it's likely.

Jim Caldwell did an ok job with the Lions but there was never any true belief he'd lead them to a Super Bowl.  That's how I feel about McDermott.  He'll have some success, but it will be outweighed by his failures.

The signs are all around you.  These guys aren't it.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

"that would've paid the part of Cordy Glenn's salary we saved by trading him. "

Why do so many  - including "professional" media people - keep talking about the Glenn and Taylor TRADES as if they were only salary moves??

Without those two trades (for picks), the Bills don't have Allen and Edmunds right now - they are the future of this team.

Cordy, sure. Tyrod, less essential in this narrative

42 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Have you called back on all the times you’ve called people out for being negative? It seems you just plow on to the next player/coach to hype and call fellow posters out on being skeptical of. 

• Like (+1) 1