Jump to content
The Real Buffalo Joe

Reasons to sign Tebow

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

The Broncos, Jets, and Patriots all gave Tebow chances and he struck out with each opportunity.  There's a reason why no other teams have and he's moved on to baseball.   This is an incredibly bad idea that's not in the realm of any real possibility.

 

 

 

he didn't strike out on Denver. He won a playoff game by throwing a TD pass in OT in the PLAYOFFS.

 

They signed one of the greatest QB s ever.

 

he STILL hasn't thrown as many picks as Nasty Nate did in 1 half of football.

Edited by reddogblitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Can't play Baseball either. I watched him play a game for Binghamton in Erie this summer. 3 at bats....3 strikeouts.

Hea batting .273 at Binghamton which isn't terrible but has surprisingly little pop for a guy his size..only 6 HRs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah but Peterman at least looks good when it doesnt count and just panics under pressure. Tebow doesnt look good at any time as a QB.

I couldn't wait for this one...Tebow vs. Peterman?!!!!  Sorry, Peterman is the champ I'm not going to bite and go against a Bill that owns a distinction as an all-timer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been freaking out for months about Allen's 56% completion in college. 

Tebow has put up 48% in the NFL. How's that one going to go over? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

 

he didn't strike out on Denver. He won a playoff game by throwing a TD pass in OT in the PLAYOFFS.

 

They signed one of the greatest QB s ever.

 

he STILL hasn't thrown as many picks as Nasty Nate did in 1 half of football.

 

Oh he struck out big time. Look at how he performed in games with a strong defense and one helluva PK who kept them in games through Tebow's butt ugly performances.  They miracuolusly made the playoffs at 8-8 IIRC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Reasons to sign Tebow

 

  • I just shot up Heroin 
  • I've just drank 1 quart of Vodka 
  • I just had an LSD flashback 
  • I inhaled too much nitrogen 

Holy crap...I will call the paramedics asap!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad he sucks at football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

OP-it is best not to sniff Elmer’s glue before posting.  

 

...dunno....I'm starting to rethink my harshness around these parts after ruminating a bit on several recent offerings as to our potential QB solutions......Tebone, RG I 7/8, Casper-Nick and even Matt "Big Valley" Barkley.....apparently Gary Marangi changed his number.....this may just be the budding mecca for future GM talent that league execs have grossly overlooked as I have............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WE could use an extra blocker.....sure....probably on the cheap too......LOL......yes we had a blow out loss but holy cow man how close are people to actually losing their scruples???  very close apparently i say......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

he didn't strike out on Denver. He won a playoff game by throwing a TD pass in OT in the PLAYOFFS.

 

He threw a 20-yard pass (on his first read) to a wide open receiver who carried the ball 60 yards for a TD.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tebow seems close to God. Bills fans are back in hell after week 1. The Bills need a miracle for this season.   Connect the tots.  Tebow is the best choice to backup Josh Allen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

Oh he struck out big time. Look at how he performed in games with a strong defense and one helluva PK who kept them in games through Tebow's butt ugly performances.  They miracuolusly made the playoffs at 8-8 IIRC. 

 

The questions is though who would be better for the Bills this year, Tebow or Nasty Nate?  Is this really a question?  A guy with some success as an NFL QB with almost a 2-1 TD/Int ratio  (17 TDs 9 Ints) or historically bad Nasty Nate (1-4 2 TD 8 Ints)?  We could sign Tebow tomorrow and start him on Sunday and he would be better than Nasty Nate.

 

Denver won a lot of those games due to late game heroics by Tebow.  He may not be the best QB in the world, but he is a winner. I can particularly remember the game vs the Rex Jets.  Denver had the ball down by 5 or something and they knew what he was going to do but he still beat them.

15 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

 

He threw a 20-yard pass (on his first read) to a wide open receiver who carried the ball 60 yards for a TD.

 

 

 

I'd take that at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

...dunno....I'm starting to rethink my harshness around these parts after ruminating a bit on several recent offerings as to our potential QB solutions......Tebone, RG I 7/8, Casper-Nick and even Matt "Big Valley" Barkley.....apparently Gary Marangi changed his number.....this may just be the budding mecca for future GM talent that league execs have grossly overlooked as I have............

 

Again. We have Nasty Nate one hearbeat away from playing.  You good with that?  I'm not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

 

The questions is though who would be better for the Bills this year, Tebow or Nasty Nate?  Is this really a question?  A guy with some success as an NFL QB with almost a 2-1 TD/Int ratio  (17 TDs 9 Ints) or historically bad Nasty Nate (1-4 2 TD 8 Ints)?  We could sign Tebow tomorrow and start him on Sunday and he would be better than Nasty Nate.

 

Denver won a lot of those games due to late game heroics by Tebow.  He may not be the best QB in the world, but he is a winner. I can particularly remember the game vs the Rex Jets.  Denver had the ball down by 5 or something and they knew what he was going to do but he still beat them.

 

I'd take that at this point.

 

That's like asking which terminal disease do you want to die from?  How about neither. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

That's like asking which terminal disease do you want to die from?  How about neither. :unsure:

 

So if Josh get injured on Sunday, who do we put in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, reddogblitz said:

 

So if Josh get injured on Sunday, who do we put in?

 

Logan Thomas. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if Tebow is a good idea or not. But, what really cracks me up on this ridiculous website is people that pile on instantly like they know what they are talking about when clearly they don't. They'll say anything to fit in. And they won't suggest a better idea because they don't know of any themselves. Terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

Oh he struck out big time. Look at how he performed in games with a strong defense and one helluva PK who kept them in games through Tebow's butt ugly performances.  They miracuolusly made the playoffs at 8-8 IIRC. 

 

He went 7-4 as the starter.

They were 1-4 in games not started by him during that regular season.

He went on to beat the Steelers, a game in which he threw for 316 yards, 2 TD 0 int, and rushed for another 50 yds with 1 rushing TD.

Steelers were 12-4 and had the #1 ranked defense in the NFL that season, btw.

 

 

Mind you, I'm not advocating for him to come to Buffalo, and I think Denver was correct in their decision, because they replaced him with Manning.

 

I'm just saying stop acting like he did nothing that season.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

 

He went 7-4 as the starter.

They were 1-4 in games not started by him during that regular season.

He went on to beat the Steelers, a game in which he threw for 316 yards, 2 TD 0 int, and rushed for another 50 yds with 1 rushing TD.

Steelers were 12-4 and had the #1 ranked defense in the NFL that season, btw.

 

 

Mind you, I'm not advocating for him to come to Buffalo, and I think Denver was correct in their decision, because they replaced him with Manning.

 

I'm just saying stop acting like he did nothing that season.

 

 

You mean the Broncos record was 7-4 while he was starting at QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Are you by chance Johnny Football??

If he is, see if he can play OL if QB is a 'no'.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

he STILL hasn't thrown as many picks as Nasty Nate did in 1 half of football.

Advantage, reddogblitz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×