What Do You Want To See This Year?

First off, I know it's only week one, and I hope we can still recover. But if things keeping going in the direction they seem to be, and we lose any realistic shot at a playoff run relatively early, what could do you want to see happen, that would give you hope for next season? Aside from an undying love for the team/game, what will keep you interested every week, assuming (and again, hopefully this assumption is wrong),  this season is going nowhere for us standings wise?

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

It's the Allen and Edmunds show for me this year. I want to see the plays from Allen that make you say WOW. I want to see the plays from Allen that make you say WHAT?!?! Over the course of the year I want to see the WOW outweight the WHAT.

Edmunds; need to see him learn. Need to see him let his instincts take over. Play fast and play hard.

Subplots for me: want to see this new punter (yes, really). Also, want to see if the find a pulse on KB at any point this year. Would like to see White get even better 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It'd be nice to see some signs that McBeane actually know what they're doing and that they're not merely the next in a long string of OJT coaching candidates for our team.  Unfortunately thus far that doesn't seem to be happening.  

Their methodology for "building a team" is centered upon trading the farm for a QB and putting him on an island as if they have 5 or 6 seasons to prove competence.  Clearly that won't be the case, in fact, it already seems that there are significant cries of no-competence from varying sources, fans and media (both regional and national) alike.  

It'd be nice to know what we're not on track, again, for a new HC/GM in 2020 or 2021, and particularly at a time when competence in the organization is going to be key given the stadium issue and the Pegula's now open statement that they don't have the bucks to build a shiny new stadium that the rest of the NFL owners and league insist we have.  If it were up to me I'm fine with an "old-style" stadium, but unfortunately it's the NFL and the other owners that are driving that bus, not us fans.  

Either way, it's nice and even understandable that the place needs to be fumigated from Whaley & Co., but that still doesn't indicate competence on its own.  So far the free-agent moves that McBeane have made have left a whole lot to be desired.  Jones won't be on the team next season sending one of their highest draft picks packing, I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut during the season even.  

I expect Edmunds to be a beast and was an advocate of them taking him with the 12th overall.  But same thing there, he can't be expected "to be the entire defense."  Jury's out on Allen and we should know more soon, but for our top five original draft picks, ranging from 1st/12th overall, to 3rd/65th overall (1st pick in the 3rd round), we netted Allen/Edmunds.  That's it, in a year when there was a PRIME opportunity to rebuild the entire OL by drafting say 3 OL-men with those 5 picks.  They they talked about sitting Allen for the season.  WTF?  Obviously that's not going to happen now,  just sayin', if that was even an option, ...  Why not just build the OL and draft a QB next year.  

OK, great, we get it, Allen's "their guy," so much so that they felt the need to neglect the OL, DL, LBs, WRs, etc. and go all-in on Allen.  

That's fine, no problem here, but if that methodology fails, then they should not be rewarded with being allowed to run the team henceforth and make further risky draft moves like that.  

Secondly, Frasier's going to be out as this season's scapegoat, and frankly, the rankings of the D, despite false perceptions, were on par with the offense last season when  Dennison was appropriately fired.  Frankly, he never should have been hired, he's never been good.  Neither has Frasier.  Daboll?  Seriously?  He's worse than both in NFL track-record. 

So those decisions too must be factored in, and right now they reek of incompetence and in Daboll's case, more Friends-&-Family hiring practices.  

We'll see where they end up.  Last season we won 9 games for no other reasons than because of TO margins in our favor.  We outplayed only a couple of teams all season.  The Browns had better game performance metrics than we did except for TOs.  That's anything but a sustainable model for winning games and cannot be relied upon from season to season.  

JA continue to grow and learn demonstrating smart plays as well as wow plays.

Zay Jones prove that he is more than JAG while creating a rapport with JA.

Murphy show himself to be a steal .

Thr O line show competency at run blocking so we at least are in more than half the games.

I'd like to see my GF lose 50 lbs, as that's how much she has gained since I met her. (before anyone gripes, I've only gained 10, but I was 9% BF at that time, way too hard to maintain if you're not having someone prepare meals for you like a pro athlete)

Other than that, it would be good to see that Allen doesn't suck as bad as all the draft experts said he would.

Edited by PeterDude

I just want Josh Allen to stay healthy. He's already narrowly escaped a serious concussion. We're just starting year 2 of a total franchise rebuild from top to bottom. We'll have a top e draft pick and almost $100,000,000 in cap space in 2019. Patience.

• Like (+1) 2

I want to see Josh Allen play all games from here on out, without injury.

I want to see if he has it, or does't have it.

And because there is no way in hell we finish with a respectable record anyway, losing every game wouldn't hurt, giving us the #1 pick next year in the draft.

Lastly, I'd love for the organization to have the intelligence and balls to draft another QB with that #1 pick if Allen doesn't really impress this year.  If he does, forget drafting the QB, but the #1 pick will still be nice to have...in every round of the draft.

At which point I would trade ALL OF THEM down and multiply our assets...and use those to completely rebuild the roster on both sides of the ball.

To see that Allen can be our guy.  Obviously this team is not great for that to happen but like other posters have said this year is all about Allen and Edmunds.  But imo its much more about Allen.  If he can be our guy we can finally start building a team knowing we have a QB and that makes everything so much easier.  

2 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

That Allen gets a solid foundation here.  Just as in life solid foundations are important anywhere in anything.

Even if he stinks I don’t want to feel coaching had anything to do with it or arguments can be made they ruined him.  

If Allen plays the entirety of every game from here on out without injury, and he has it, it will be universally accepted on this board and no one will dispute it.

If he is horrible, the same is also probably true.

If there is a raging debate here with 2 equally sized camps arguing for and against him, that also means he is not good enough.

Can't wait to see which of the 3 camps he falls into.  Blowing an entire season to make this determination is valid in my opinion.  

I want to see the playoffs.  I know they won't, but I don't want to see them take a step back.  Failing that, I want to see;

1.  Allen establish himself as our long term QB

2.  Edmunds establish himself as our long term defensive leader

3.  The two current starting G's replaced by Ike and Wyatt

4.  Zay Jones show that he can be counted on as an asset at WR. 

36 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

If Allen plays the entirety of every game from here on out without injury, and he has it, it will be universally accepted on this board and no one will dispute it.

If he is horrible, the same is also probably true.

If there is a raging debate here with 2 equally sized camps arguing for and against him, that also means he is not good enough.

Can't wait to see which of the 3 camps he falls into.  Blowing an entire season to make this determination is valid in my opinion.  

Agreed.  I just don’t wanna see the O Line get him killed in the process