The negativity from the fanbase is not a knee jerk reaction to week 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

What crap.  What absolute unadulterated crap.  You spout off how it's the folks that are negative that are right.  They made the playoffs last year as the most obvious evidence that you're wrong.  And your response is it didin't count because they weren't fun to watch?  

You are absolutely ridiculous with this stuff.

May I politely suggest we don’t feed the trolls? 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Yeah but, Darnold was the QB to get, or even Rosen, not Allen...  All that draft capital they obtained by getting rid of guys like Sammy Watkins, and the Jets moved ahead an took the franchise QB, ouch! 

I dont know this as fact, but from what was said after the fact - if the Bills REALLY wanted Darnold, they could have figured it out. It wasnt worth it to them or Allen was rated higher... either way, its a moot point and at this point in time no one can say either is better and actually know what they are talking about. 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

My college hoops board actually allows the negative repping, and you can run trolls off the board. I’m all for varying opinions, but I try to avoid foolish, repetitive trolls. Say something smart, please. It takes the fun out of this site when the whining gets so repetitive and predictable. It makes me think less of Bills fans in general, and I know that should NOT be the case. I love the true Bills brethren, but have little time for the sky is falling crowd. 

As always Augie - a breath of fresh air in the midst of a steaming pile.

I have no problem with negativity and criticism, but you nailed it wrt the repetitive trolls. OP claims the negativity isn't a knee jerk reaction. Um, sure, this board looked the same before  Sunday with rampant, repetitive threads popping up by the minute and the smelly egg we laid on Sunday was just a coincidence.

For the record I tend to be a Bills-loving apologist. Not sure if I would've lasted this long otherwise. But Sunday and the pre-season lead up have raised some serious concerns about McBeane. In particular, the handling of the QB situation looks indefensible right now. 

I had similar concerns after the San Diego debacle last year. But somehow they turned it around and I'll hope for the same in the upcoming weeks.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ermmmm..... we're customers of a commercial product?  A product that appears massively unsatisfactory?

Was this a trick question?

There are 5000 hall of fame gm’s on this board lately, who clearly know more than OBD does. And throw flames 24/7 if anyone has a different opinion. We all knew this team would look like trash. There’s hope they can be coached up some like last years squad. But I think everyone can agree this team doesn’t have the same talent level as last years and that’s why so many seem upset. 

There is criticism and then there’s childish temper tantrums. The game was ugly and pathetic but the board is not any fun to read with how a lot of people are acting on here 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What crap.  What absolute unadulterated crap.  You spout off how it's the folks that are negative that are right.  They made the playoffs last year as the most obvious evidence that you're wrong.  And your response is it didin't count because they weren't fun to watch?  

It goes beyond being fun to watch. They were incompetent with game management and frustratingly bi-polar on defense. The offense was consistently terrible and predictable. Do you deny any of those assesments?

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Is this what is known as a Chemical burn?

1 hour ago, Skins Malone said:

No point in crying and arguing i agree there.  We can have adult conversations with differing view points.  At the sametime though Fans have a right to be upset with their team...every fan base does it.  So saying they can go find a new team is dumb we are all fans thats why we are here.  Its been a rough go for the Bills for many years...i can understand people blowing off a little steam on here.

I’m upset and disappointed as well. 

We should be. But in all seriousness the threads started lately are just as pathetic as the team played. The constant firing and bashing every move the team makes is beyond discussion or criticism. Too many posters who can’t have a discussion unless you agree with vile hatred for any and all front office personnel lol. 

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

It goes beyond being fun to watch. They were incompetent with game management and frustratingly bi-polar on defense. The offense was consistently terrible and predictable. Do you deny any of those assesments?

They could have been better on offense.  And defense.  And they were in the playoffs.  And they addressed offense by bringing in a new OC, drafted their potential franchise QB(did you see TTs performance Sunday by the way?).

You can try and wriggle out of it any way you want but your position is we should be negative because they made the playoffs.  That is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

As always Augie - a breath of fresh air in the midst of a steaming pile.

I have no problem with negativity and criticism, but you nailed it wrt the repetitive trolls. OP claims the negativity isn't a knee jerk reaction. Um, sure, this board looked the same before  Sunday with rampant, repetitive threads popping up by the minute and the smelly egg we laid on Sunday was just a coincidence.

For the record I tend to be a Bills-loving apologist. Not sure if I would've lasted this long otherwise. But Sunday and the pre-season lead up have raised some serious concerns about McBeane. In particular, the handling of the QB situation looks indefensible right now. 

I had similar concerns after the San Diego debacle last year. But somehow they turned it around and I'll hope for the same in the upcoming weeks.

Go Bills!

It’s difficult to say out loud and in public, but the QB situation, in my opinion, is not about winning the next game, or the game after that. It’s not about how embarrassing Peterman might look. It’s all about giving Allen some time to get ready, while avoiding the teeth of the defensive schedule. It’s all about the long term view, and I respect that immensely, even if it’s unpopular. 

The argument is that we are so ungodly set back that we're going to keep running the "Allen needs a better offense" narrative for the 5 years it takes to draft O-Line, 3 starting caliber receivers, a new running back, and hope that the quarterback that has the exact same scouting notes as EJ Manual.. raw, needs time, has the skills but needs to fix a lot of things, IS actually a good Quarterback. And I like Allen! It's the sheer amount of offensive destruction that'll set him back years.. and he might be EJ Manual. Doug Whaley had a plan. He drafted EJ, traded for Lesean, picked up Ritchie. Went high on WR for Woods and Watkins, and grabbed Clay. But he whiffed on quarterback so we knew pretty quickly EJ wasn't going to work, and Doug got canned, as he should've been, he screwed up. Beane went out to do the opposite and get the same high risk high reward QB, and obliterate the offense so we'll be complaining about Allen's crap O Line and WRs for so long we'll forget Allen might suck too. His plan involves a 4-5 year recovery. And that one game showed us why. We have 1 NFL player worth anything on offense. That's my gripe. 

So when we say we're not happy because we're so bad following 1 week and have a crappy roster, it's implied we see a very stupid long year plan that Beane probably won't get around to unless he's brainwashed the Pegulas to allow him to absolutely suck for several years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Augie said:

My college hoops board actually allows the negative repping, and you can run trolls off the board. I’m all for varying opinions, but I try to avoid foolish, repetitive trolls. Say something smart, please. It takes the fun out of this site when the whining gets so repetitive and predictable. It makes me think less of Bills fans in general, and I know that should NOT be the case. I love the true Bills brethren, but have little time for the sky is falling crowd. 

Wow I would love that here. You nailed my sentiments 100%

i come here for news and healthy debate and discussion, not at all what has happened since preseason game 2.

i always joke I wish they’d banish everyone starting new threads unless they receive x amount of “likes” or rep here. 

I would love the idea of negative repping trolls off the board. I feel they’d just make a new account and post right away though. 

We have some quality guys posting on here, I would like to see memebers earn the right to start new threads. Plenty of good ones to chat in 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

It’s difficult to say out loud and in public, but the QB situation, in my opinion, is not about winning the next game, or the game after that. It’s not about how embarrassing Peterman might look. It’s all about giving Allen some time to get ready, while avoiding the teeth of the defensive schedule. It’s all about the long term view, and I respect that immensely, even if it’s unpopular. 

I'll take your advice and not respond to the OP anymore here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

They could have been better on offense.  And defense.  And they were in the playoffs.  And they addressed offense by bringing in a new OC, drafted their potential franchise QB(did you see TTs performance Sunday by the way?).

You can try and wriggle out of it any way you want but your position is we should be negative because they made the playoffs.  That is ridiculous.

No, my position is we should be negative because they were a bad team, and there is no realistic way to fill all the holes they created and keep up with the rest of the league. It's simple asset management.

If any other franchise had the same year as us last year no one would be happy.

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

There's no reason a playoff team can't get better. Why does squeaking in the playoffs mean we had nothing to build from that, in fact.. the opposite lol.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

There's no reason a playoff team can't get better. Why does squeaking in the playoffs mean we had nothing to build from that, in fact.. the opposite lol.

Not saying they can't or shouldn't.  They absolutely need to improve.  But when folks say they have done nothing right , and they are coming off a playoff year, that is simply ridiculous.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Not saying they can't or shouldn't.  They absolutely need to improve.  But when folks say they have done nothing right , and they are coming off a playoff year, that is simply ridiculous.

They did great last year. That's why this is so frustrating that people are saying "we were obviously going to suck this year"... Is it cause we got way worse? Yes. Did we need to get way worse for what exactly? No. 

52 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Yeah but, Darnold was the QB to get, or even Rosen, not Allen...  All that draft capital they obtained by getting rid of guys like Sammy Watkins, and the Jets moved ahead an took the franchise QB, ouch! 

You do realize there is not a rule that there can only be one franchise QB in a draft right?

This was a QB draft......

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

I agree 100% about winning the next game not being important. It's all about Allen and his development. One way or another McBeane will live or die on that battlefield.

Unfortunately the repeated confidence they've shown in Peterman makes me question their judgement. What worries me is that Peterman's incompetence will force their hand with Allen too soon.

But positive guy hopes that Allen starts Sunday, shows he's ready and we never look back (and that can include not making the playoffs this year).

22 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Wow I would love that here. You nailed my sentiments 100%

i come here for news and healthy debate and discussion, not at all what has happened since preseason game 2.

i always joke I wish they’d banish everyone starting new threads unless they receive x amount of “likes” or rep here. 

I would love the idea of negative repping trolls off the board. I feel they’d just make a new account and post right away though. 

We have some quality guys posting on here, I would like to see memebers earn the right to start new threads. Plenty of good ones to chat in 

I love this place!

Usually. 

I get that Sunday’s results will bring out some crazy, in all of us to varying degrees. 

I’d love some more....ability to control, but I know it’s extremely difficult. My college hoops board is far smaller, but they will track down an IP address and ban repeat offenders. This site is enormous in comparison. I honestly appreciate opposing viewpoints, but some people lack reason, and press agendas beyond what is reasonable. It gets tiresome, to say the least. Whining is a pathetic way to go through life. 

10 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I agree 100% about winning the next game not being important. It's all about Allen and his development. One way or another McBeane will live or die on that battlefield.

Unfortunately the repeated confidence they've shown in Peterman makes me question their judgement. What worries me is that Peterman's incompetence will force their hand with Allen too soon.

But positive guy hopes that Allen starts Sunday, shows he's ready and we never look back (and that can include not making the playoffs this year).

Therein lies the trick. It’s NOT necessarily confidence in Peterman, it’s not being willing to put Allen out too early. You MUST live with he incompetence to avoid putting Allen in too soon. The other option was AJ, who played WORSE in preseason, and they magically got a draft pick for. It’s NOT about bad backups, it’s ALL about who will take the beatings until they decide to put Allen is. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m upset and disappointed as well. 

We should be. But in all seriousness the threads started lately are just as pathetic as the team played. The constant firing and bashing every move the team makes is beyond discussion or criticism. Too many posters who can’t have a discussion unless you agree with vile hatred for any and all front office personnel lol. 

I hear ya.  I think its just the way we lost that has fans a little out of sorts.  But i agree with you.  I still want mcd and beane to succeed.  Next year is going to be huge for them.

Rest assured OP, there are fans out there that agree with you 100%. The ones who don't appeal to authority. Those who have watched this same song and dance time and again and correctly stated it was doomed to fail from the beginning. Basically fans who don't squeeze their eyes shut and plug their ears and start singing the shout song anytime someone says something critical about the team. The problem is, most of us just don't have the energy to deal with these loud koolaid drinkers anymore. It's been 18 years of incompetent management and this latest installment is no different.

10 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Rest assured OP, there are fans out there that agree with you 100%. The ones who don't appeal to authority. Those who have watched this same song and dance time and again and correctly stated it was doomed to fail from the beginning. Basically fans who don't squeeze their eyes shut and plug their ears and start singing the shout song anytime someone says something critical about the team. The problem is, most of us just don't have the energy to deal with these loud koolaid drinkers anymore. It's been 18 years of incompetent management and this latest installment is no different.

Do yourself a favor and look at the roster of playoff teams last year.  

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Therein lies the trick. It’s NOT necessarily confidence in Peterman, it’s not being willing to put Allen out too early. You MUST live with he incompetence to avoid putting Allen in too soon. The other option was AJ, who played WORSE in preseason, and they magically got a draft pick for. It’s NOT about bad backups, it’s ALL about who will take the beatings until they decide to put Allen is. 

We're on the same page in more ways than not.

Where we disagree is whether we "MUST live with the incompetence".

I think having a competent backup should have been part of the plan. I think they thought that too but failed miserably with their judgement of Peterman and AJ. It's hindsight but taking a flyer on Teddy Bridgewater might have been a better option.

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

We're on the same page in more ways than not.

Where we disagree is whether we "MUST live with the incompetence".

I think having a competent backup should have been part of the plan. I think they thought that too but failed miserably with their judgement of Peterman and AJ. It's hindsight but taking a flyer on Teddy Bridgewater might have been a better option.

Sure, Teddy would have been the better bet. The Jets are starting to look smart. UGH! Got the better backup plus Darnold. The Giants win idiots of the decade award. 

At this stage, we MUST live with it, since we have no better options. Tense is all that’s in question.  

• Like (+1) 1

So how easy is it going to be to lure FAs to Buffalo if the Bills can’t right this ship?  I’m asking that question because it is a negative factor along with the perception of Buffalo as a place to live. If the team looks totally devoid of talent or very lean on talent it’s going to be a hard sell and utilizing that cap space isn’t going to be easy to do efficiently and to avoid toxic contracts. The cap room argument for this team getting better is a red herring.  Drafting is going to be key to this team getting rebuilt and there better be a massive focus on the OL and then some skill players on offense - they can’t slow roll getting a decent offense around Allen if they actually want to be able to properly evaluate him, but given what they did to help out the inexperience at the position this season that should be concerning people...a lot.

Edited by Ayjent

10 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Things would be so much more pleasant and productive around here if this message board would divide off into two separate message boards.

One for the kool aid "positive" people and one for the "negative" realists.

95% of the fighting around here comes from eternal conflict between those two fundamental differences in perspective.

Little productive football discussion takes place as a result.

Myself personally, a forum that everyone agrees sounds boring.   

A difference of opinion doesn't have to result in fighting and some of the best football discussions on TBD stem from them IMO.

No reason both sides of a debate can't come away from a good discussion having learned something new in my humble opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Last year, a bunch of vets played their hearts out and got lucky to make the playoffs on a team with a -57 point differential. 2 pro bowlers from that team are no longer in football, the rest aged, and they are paying 50 million to players not on the roster. And the #1 pick isn't contributing because he needs to develop. 

Beane tried to fix it with smoke and mirrors last year and this with short term cap friendly contracts to aging vets, but until the team clears age and cap hell, there's not a great foundation in Buffalo. There is literally NOTHING to build on for the 3-4 year future from last year except Dawkins and White...maybe Milano. No other player from 2017-2018 will be on the team in 2020. Think about how bad that is.

That is the turd sandwich courtesy of Whaley and Ryan. There is no quick fix, but the fixing starts over the next two years. Hopefully after 3 years of drafting and smarter cap management, the team can start to resemble something. 

If you think a pop gun quick fix of drafting a WR this year would fix the hell they are in, you're nuts. This team clears cap hell next season. Their young QB, who they do not want to ruin by putting him in too early, needs to grow. There is hardly a single position where they don't need help. Cap hell and 2 more drafts could put them in a spot where they may improve. 

I just hope management doesn't cave to a frustrated fan base and change the GM and coach who got handed literally nothing to work with. How is the plan of changing a coach and GM every third year working out over the last 20+ years?

And yes, let's attack McDermott and Beane for not hanging on to a guy who wanted more money...but couldn't lead a TD drive in the playoffs. And who completed 30% of his passes Sunday. Or blame them for getting rid of AJ McCarron...who was clearly lining up to save the season! At least they got a pick for him. God only knows what the Raiders were thinking. 

You know, this is a common cop out I am starting to see more and more often. Heck even McDermott said it this week. This is the team we “inherited” and now we’re trying to build it the “right way”. 

Well McDermott and Beane, it’s on you too. You didn’t have to trade 23 year old Ronald Darby for a 3rd, he could have been your corner opposite White for 2 more years. You didn’t have to bench Taylor and put in a 5th Round rookie. 

McDermott you didn’t have to trade up for Zay Jones, who has been a complete bust, and you didn’t have to trade up for Dion Dawkins, giving away two more draft picks. 

You gutted prominent players on the offensive line in Glenn and on the defensive line in Dareus. 

Whaley handed you Poyer and Hyde. 

Whaley also handed you Clay and McCoy and Hughes and Alexander. All guys that you couldn’t find anyone better than. 

Did Beane read the situation right by trading #12, #53, #56 to move up 5 spots for Allen? A team was really going to move up ahead of the Bills? Let alone was Allen the right choice? 

Did we have to trade #65 for Edmunds? Was why Preston Brown allowed to walk? 

Deonte Thompson was let go, Jordan Matthews wasn’t resigned, Dez Bryant is still out there, did the Bills really do everything they could to improve WR?

Did Mike Tolbert have to be the one and only backup RB last year while we leaned on 29 year old McCoy? 

Why did this FO think Chris Ivory was worth signing? 

Do McDermott and Beane watch these games, 40+ points being scored, Quarterbacks throwing for 400 yards and think we are going to build an offense like that? Or are they Dick Jauron/Doug Marrone disciples who believe in hard work, punting and snowy Buffalo rock pounding? 

I think it’s too early to judge Beane and McDermott fully, but neither one gives me a great feeling that they know what they are doing. Neither one gives me a feeling that we are going to have a watchable offense on Sundays. They give me the feeling that we are stuck in the same conservative mindset. The same type of Coaching we always get. They give me the feeling that their minds are stuck in Carolina, stuck on winning 17-14 games with Kaolin Clay on Special Teams, stuck on punting to play field position and kicking FGs on 4th-1. 

The Bills are out there trying to run McCoy out of Shotgun, and throwing 5 yard outs on 3rd-8 to avoid turnovers and keep the down and distance manageable. Trying to beat teams like the Saints and Rams by pinning them in their own end..... 

Its not not too early to judge. Playoffs in 2017 bought them through 2019, but next offseason better be good. You don’t get 5 year rebuilds. And stop blowing picks by trading up all the time, there are holes everywhere on this roster. Might have to bypass the choir boy to get a guy who can run a 4.30. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

This is why the franchise can’t have a quick trigger. They’ve already shown to be pretty adept at drafting.

^^

6 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

Of note, those 5 are the five best. There’s guys like Milano and maybe Teller that could appear on that list as well. They’re proving more effective in the draft than Whaley.

^^

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Potential franchise QB and leader of their D.  Starting LT.  Shut down corner (whatever that means).  Starting DT next year.  Slot CB this year.  Good return guy in Ray Ray.  Potential starting G in Teller.

Yeah,  not bad.

Adept at drafting?  White is a nice pick, and Dawkins may become a good LT but nobody else from the 2017 draft is even promising.  Milano is an undersized LB who wouldn't be a starter on many other NFL rosters ... but spending 2 picks to get Zay Jones and wasting a fifth round pick on Peterman makes the 2017 draft look pretty crappy already even though it's still too early to judge 2017.

Since Allen, Edmunds, Phillips, and Johnson have played in exactly 1 NFL game, nobody knows how good -- or bad -- they'll turn out to be.  As for Teller, the supposed "potential starting guard," he wasn't even active for the game.

When these guys have been in the league for 3 years or so, then you can fairly judge if a draft is good, bad or indifferent.  Of course, part of judging a HC/GM's drafting prowess is how decisions.  For instance, many Bills fans crucify Whaley for trading up in 2014 to get Sammy Watkins when he could have taken another top WR like OBJ or Jarvis Landry who were both available at the Bills original spot, but they conveniently ignore that trading up to get Jones when better prospects like JuJu Smith-Schuster would have been available may be even worse if Jones turns out to be a bust.

Moreover, evaluation of McDermott/Beane's drafting prowess will not only be judged by whether or not Allen develops into a franchise QB, but it also upon how good Patrick Mahomes, DeShaun Watson, and Josh Rosen -- all QBs McDermott/Beane could have taken instead of Allen -- turn out compared to Allen.

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why is it the positive people do it with a sense of hope a general kindness? No hate against those with differing opinions. The HATERS bring some serious hate. I’d rather read a well developed opinion of why the long term plan is impossibly doomed. That is what they are selling, but I think it’s mostly in reaction to short term results. Sure, Sunday was a horrific mess. Over-reacting is easy, and what some people live for. I hope the rest of their lives are less miserable. Might I suggest they just go away to feel better until they can just jump back on the bandwagon? (Oh boy, that will bring the predictable responses from the usual suspects!) 

I think the long term view is the way to go, and I’m OK with that. 

^^

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

May I politely suggest we don’t feed the trolls? 

Pot, meet Kettle.  Calling people who dare to disagree with your views "trolls" is hardly "a general kindness".  In fact, the OP has been repeatedly attacked, insulted, and mocked by posters who disagree with him/her in this thread while only 2 or 3 "positive" posters actually attempted to refute what he had to say in his original post. 

I will always fly the realist flag. 

This organization has been mostly garbage since 1960 outside of 1988-1993.

Beane/McDermott look like the same ultra conservative coaches we’ve had here since Jauron. Trying to play 1970’s football in 2018. 

Sorry, that’s what it looks like. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Beane/McDermott look like the same ultra conservative coaches we’ve had here since Jauron. Trying to play 1970’s football in 2018. 

Staying with Tyrod Taylor would have been ultra conservative vs the player turnover and gamble on Allen IMO.

Firing our OC and bringing in Daboll also doesn't strike me as ultra conservative. 

42 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

You know, this is a common cop out I am starting to see more and more often. Heck even McDermott said it this week. This is the team we “inherited” and now we’re trying to build it the “right way”. 

Well McDermott and Beane, it’s on you too. You didn’t have to trade 23 year old Ronald Darby for a 3rd, he could have been your corner opposite White for 2 more years. You didn’t have to bench Taylor and put in a 5th Round rookie. 

McDermott you didn’t have to trade up for Zay Jones, who has been a complete bust, and you didn’t have to trade up for Dion Dawkins, giving away two more draft picks. 

You gutted prominent players on the offensive line in Glenn and on the defensive line in Dareus. 

Whaley handed you Poyer and Hyde. 

Whaley also handed you Clay and McCoy and Hughes and Alexander. All guys that you couldn’t find anyone better than. 

Did Beane read the situation right by trading #12, #53, #56 to move up 5 spots for Allen? A team was really going to move up ahead of the Bills? Let alone was Allen the right choice? 

Did we have to trade #65 for Edmunds? Was why Preston Brown allowed to walk? 

Deonte Thompson was let go, Jordan Matthews wasn’t resigned, Dez Bryant is still out there, did the Bills really do everything they could to improve WR?

Did Mike Tolbert have to be the one and only backup RB last year while we leaned on 29 year old McCoy? 

Why did this FO think Chris Ivory was worth signing? 

Do McDermott and Beane watch these games, 40+ points being scored, Quarterbacks throwing for 400 yards and think we are going to build an offense like that? Or are they Dick Jauron/Doug Marrone disciples who believe in hard work, punting and snowy Buffalo rock pounding? 

I think it’s too early to judge Beane and McDermott fully, but neither one gives me a great feeling that they know what they are doing. Neither one gives me a feeling that we are going to have a watchable offense on Sundays. They give me the feeling that we are stuck in the same conservative mindset. The same type of Coaching we always get. They give me the feeling that their minds are stuck in Carolina, stuck on winning 17-14 games with Kaolin Clay on Special Teams, stuck on punting to play field position and kicking FGs on 4th-1. 

The Bills are out there trying to run McCoy out of Shotgun, and throwing 5 yard outs on 3rd-8 to avoid turnovers and keep the down and distance manageable. Trying to beat teams like the Saints and Rams by pinning them in their own end..... 

Its not not too early to judge. Playoffs in 2017 bought them through 2019, but next offseason better be good. You don’t get 5 year rebuilds. And stop blowing picks by trading up all the time, there are holes everywhere on this roster. Might have to bypass the choir boy to get a guy who can run a 4.30. 

This 1000x over!!

11 hours ago, Chemical said:

All the people complaining about the negativity on this board. If just one of them had a single reason not to be negative about the coach and GM I'm willing to listen. So far all I've seen is MORE people attempting to make fun of me for complaining, which is the origin of the post.

Pretty much what this board is about Chemical. If your looking for intelligent conversation regarding the Bills you are in the wrong place.

Edited by THEHARDTRUTH

44 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Pretty much what this board is about Chemical. If your looking for intelligent conversation regarding the Bills you are in the wrong place.

intelligent conversation lol

You mean a place where people sit and around and cry in their beer about how much everything sucks on the bills.....

Yes thank god this place has not been allowed to turn into that

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Realist...another name for punchbowl pisser

Beane/McDermott dont have ENOUGH time to make the evaluation you are trying to make all that is known is

- They are serious about their rebiuld and that is shown by the moves they have created to create the huge crap sandwich dead cap hit that we are experiencing this year

- They are not afraid to make changes

- They didnt have the money to be aggressive in free agency this year

- They understood the importance of drafting the franchise qb......and were aggressive to doing so

- Their free agent aquisiitions this year ARE shaky.....but its also early one game into the season

- Oh and DESPITE all of the above....they made the playoffs in their FIRST year

- Their future is extremely bright with the huge amounts of cap space and accumulation of draft picks.....and to evaluate them before you actually see what they do with that is.....well so unrealistic for a "realist"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:

5/53 = 9.4% and that proportion does not a team make.  BUT those five are certainly NFL quality players and deserve better than they are getting from their teammates.

3/5 of those guys were not in the team Beane took over. 

But somehow this mess is his fault. 

It will take years to undo the Whaley Ryan disaster. 

5 hours ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

What is “intelligent conversation” regarding the Bills? 

Is it should Chris Ivory see more touches? When does Kahari Lee see the field? Is Siram Neal a diamond in the rough?

Maybe it’s Ray Ray McCloud is ready to contribute now, or Wyatt Teller is progressing, Eddie Yarborough is in the rotation. 

Is that what intelligent conversation is to the enlightened posters here? 

5 hours ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Totally agree. It wasn't always like this though. Somehow, the koolaid drinkers have become more emboldened in their lack of football knowledge and taken over the last couple of years. Kind of a microcosm of the entire country actually. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What is “intelligent conversation” regarding the Bills? 

Is it should Chris Ivory see more touches? When does Kahari Lee see the field? Is Siram Neal a diamond in the rough?

Maybe it’s Ray Ray McCloud is ready to contribute now, or Wyatt Teller is progressing, Eddie Yarborough is in the rotation. 

Is that what intelligent conversation is to the enlightened posters here? 

Yes, relative to one of the hysteria around here.

6 hours ago, Figster said:

Staying with Tyrod Taylor would have been ultra conservative vs the player turnover and gamble on Allen IMO.

Firing our OC and bringing in Daboll also doesn't strike me as ultra conservative. 

This reply is disingenous, and it hardly proves that McDermott isn't ultra-conservative.

The Bills had many other options for a veteran QB than simply keeping Taylor or trading Taylor and going with Peterman.   McDermott and Beane chose to go with Peterman rather than with Taylor, McCarron or another veteran QB.  

The same with the OC options.   The choice wasn't just keep Dennison or go with Daboll.  There were numerous OC candidates with much better credentials -- ie, real success as NFL OCs -- than Daboll.

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

This reply is disingenous, and it hardly proves that McDermott isn't ultra-conservative.

The Bills had many other options for a veteran QB than simply keeping Taylor or trading Taylor and going with Peterman.   McDermott and Beane chose to go with Peterman rather than with Taylor, McCarron or another veteran QB.  

The same with the OC options.   The choice wasn't just keep Dennison or go with Daboll.  There were numerous OC candidates with much better credentials -- ie, real success as NFL OCs -- than Daboll.

Name some

22 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Name some

Norv Turner - great track record with QBs

Mike McCoy - proven OC with success

Todd Haley - another proven commodity, but a jerk

All with HC experience as well, and way more success as OCs.  You think DaBoll is a better option?  If so, why?

Edited by Ayjent