What is the first phone call Beane makes today?

Sky Diver

To the best talent evaluator for the offensive side of the ball that he can find and make that person his number 2 man.

He might think he can evaluate players for the offense, but he can't.

I'm not sure what people expected with this offensive line plus Nathan Peterman behind them, but what happened yesterday isn't shocking.

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

To any olinemen he can find.   We don't have any salary cap left, and we don't really have anything of trade value so pretty much we're screwed with this Oline for 2018

I thought the OLine did fine yesterday. Provided plenty of time for both QBs. The run blocking struggled but that will always happen with 9 man fronts daring you to pass the ball.

The much bigger concerns (at least against the Ravens) are Peterman and the wide receivers. I was also disappointed in Daboll’s schemes but I’m willing to give him some more time.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

I hope it's to Richie admitting he screwed up on the contract offer and begging him to comeback.

Why? Chances are the league then suspends him for his incidents this offseason at the gym and funeral home and he wont be playing this year anyway.

People need to get over him already, he is a mentally ill individual who's next headline will either be him getting arrested for killing some people or himself. He doesnt need more shots to the head playing football, it's the last place he needs to be.

• Like (+1) 4

56 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Beane was mandated by the Pegulas to get us more financially in shape.. This team is the by-product of said mandate.

The Pegulas have no one to blame but themselves.

I don't believe that at all.  Pegula seems very amenable to spending money to improve this team.

59 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Beane was mandated by the Pegulas to get us more financially in shape.. This team is the by-product of said mandate.

Is that why he traded a draft pick to take on Colemans contract? The Pegulas have said that money isnt an issue, he can drill another well. This is the front office wanting to get their guys here and build what they want instead of adapting to what was already here. If he was trying to make things financially better for the team he wouldn't be signing or trading for guys then letting them go so quickly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dlonce said:

It is partly.  It isn't totally. Kelvin Benjamin, Vontae Davis, Star Didheplaytoday, Trent Murphy and Chris Ivory are not a by-product of said mandate. They are a by-product of decisions this regime has made to acquire players.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Might need to upgrade the coaching staff by then.

Brady did say recently he would like to play another 5 years, I doubt any front office will be able to hold off ownership from firing them with a plan that we will be ready in 5 years once a really good player leaves a division rival.

If I was an owner and the guys I hired I  charge of running the team said part of their plan included waiting for someone to retire from an opponent before they could compete, they would be shown the door. I dont want guys that need certain conditions or situations in order to gain success. I want guys running my team that can beat the best that's out there

That phone better be dialing all day. Beane should have the fingers of a telemarketer or set up a robot-dial for every agent of every available competent vet who plays Guard, Wide Receiver, Cornerback and QB.  Every team, every FA, no stone should go unturned until Ducasse and Miller are off the field and Dez or Maclin join our WR room and Peterman is put on the PS.  I want to read reports of multiple work-outs today. 

Edited by BillsRdue

Yeah - Beane needs to be on the phone calling all of those Pro-Bolwers just sitting at home waiting to get back into the game!  Obviously they're all great, just didn't get the paycheck they wanted, so they're not playing at the moment.

Do people really think that we're going to solve our problems with with a bunch of FA signings, NOW?  Good luck with that hope...

• Thank you (+1) 2