The Tweet That's The Best Argument For Josh Allen Starting Here On Out

BuffaloRush

The " process" was to bring McCarron in as a bridge so they could ease Allen in.  They passed up much better QBs in the offseason for McCarron.  No more bridge. Put the kid in. If he has a bad time, they will rightly blame the crappy offensive line and fix that before they take another QB high in the next draft. 

9 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Nick mendola is one of the biggest losers i have ever encountered in my life

Thats all

I don't know much about him, other than the fact he was on WGR and left to join another radio station.  No idea what he's doing now but I thought he made a very good point

22 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I fully expect Peterman to start again next Sunday.

They don't want to ruin Allen around these trash players and they know that as soon as they start him, there's no turning back.

Not saying I agree with it.

Then they better sign 2-3 more QBs.  Peterman will be broken soon and Allen is nexz.

The reality of the situation:  we have the worst OL in the league.  We have the worst WRs in the league.  There isn’t a QB in the league that can survive all year with this supporting cast.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Trubisky also has an offensive minded coach calling plays

Aren’t all offensive coordinators offensive minded ? It doesn’t really matter if the OC or the HC is calling the plays, you’re getting an offensive minded coach either way. 

Just now, NewEra said:

Then they better sign 2-3 more QBs.  Peterman will be broken soon and Allen is nexz.

The reality of the situation:  we have the worst OL in the league.  We have the worst WRs in the league.  There isn’t a QB in the league that can survive all year with this supporting cast.  

There isnt a BAD QB who would survive. Allen surviving will say a lot in and of itself. 

27 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

There is no chance the Bills draft a QB next year in the 1st round. 

Probably not...if they are smart they will likely trade down a few spots and get a boatload of picks...i dont see how we pick any higher than 3 at this point and wouldnt be shocked if its #1 overall

29 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I fully expect Peterman to start again next Sunday.

They don't want to ruin Allen around these trash players and they know that as soon as they start him, there's no turning back.

Not saying I agree with it.

If that’s the truth inside OBD it’s a sad reality for fans. These bozos can’t handle personnel and now they are afraid to play their 1st round pick because of it? I sure hope not. If you can’t coach, scheme, and accumulate personnel on a basic level then you’re just as bad as the rest.

I’m at that point right now. McD and Beane have a better process and some foresight where they COULD be successful but their player evaluations have been pretty bad so far. Bodine, Murphy and Star cashing checks, McD and Beane shooting blanks.

How about next year when they have that 100 mill to spend, just read fan message boards of potential signings. That would eliminate some basic mistakes.

Edited by Commonsense
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Excluding the penalties I thought the OL was average. There were a lot of plays Nate and Josh had a decent amount of time. Not good of course. Far from it. But there weren't the jailbreaks most every play I feared. 

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Probably not...if they are smart they will likely trade down a few spots and get a boatload of picks...i dont see how we pick any higher than 3 at this point and wouldnt be shocked if its #1 overall

Barring an 0-16 season, I think the Bills give Beane another year. If we're total crap in 2019 then you blow the whole thing up and start from scratch in 2020. 

5 minutes ago, Luka said:

Anything could happen. They started Nathan Peterman for Christ's sake. You really think that if a can't miss QB prospect is there at #1 overall and the one you drafted is terrible that you just pass on him because you already picked a guy? Sorry but I think you should be questioning your own sobriety.

Allen has to start. As a front office you have to know. It could make sense to take another one. You don't get the number 1 overall every year. I am in no means advocating for this scenario but to say it's 100% impossible is daft.

This team better look way different next year with all the cap space and what I'm going to assume is a very high or the highest pick in the draft. My hope is that Allen and starts and shows enough that there is confidence in him and we build around him.

Dude you don't get it. Beane is not getting fired and he's not picking a QB next year. If he does that he's admitting that he !@#$ed up the process and rebuild. If he admits he's wrong and picks a QB he deserves to be fired. You don't pick a QB top 10 and give up a starting Left Tackle and multiple day 2 picks to pick another QB who guess what will still be behind a ****ty oline and zero Wrs. That's total bull ****. He's stuck with Allen and needs to build around him at this point. Get it?

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Dude you don't get it. Beane is not getting fired and he's not picking a QB next year. If he does that he's admitting that he !@#$ed up the process and rebuild. If he admits he's wrong and picks a QB he deserves to be fired. You don't pick a QB top 10 and give up a starting Left Tackle and multiple day 2 picks to pick another QB who guess what will still be behind a ****ty oline and zero Wrs. That's total bull ****. He's stuck with Allen and needs to build around him at this point. Get it?

Simmer down little man. I'm just refuting your claim that it 100% won't happen. It certainly could. Allen could play even worse than Peterman all season. Then what? You play him next year anyways? Just stop. Put your booze down and take a nap.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Here it is - this dude makes an excellent point.  The Bills need to let Allen start ASAP.  Not only because Peterman is terrible but because they have a shot at drafting high again this year.  The more they sit Allen, the less time they have to evaluate whether they have something with him.  If they feel they need to - they could pull a Jacksonville and get a 2nd chance to draft a franchise QB.  It really doesn't happen very often

Probably is there's no decent qbs coming out of this years D1 pool.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Excluding the penalties I thought the OL was average. There were a lot of plays Nate and Josh had a decent amount of time. Not good of course. Far from it. But there weren't the jailbreaks most every play I feared. 

You can't exclude penalties, they are part of the OL play. They needed to hold to prevent the jail breaks. Granted Peterman was -0.94 fantasy points bad. He is an epic failure, but Josh was under a good deal of pressure too. Josh felt it, moved in the pocket and made some nice throws, many of which were dropped or bounced off a receiver. Nate needs to be finished and start working on his sales resume.

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Barring an 0-16 season, I think the Bills give Beane another year. If we're total crap in 2019 then you blow the whole thing up and start from scratch in 2020. 

Even at 0-16 Beane is coming back.  People who make statement like that, have no idea how much power McDermott and Beane yield.  I have a feeling that internally they were bracing for a bad year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Commonsense said:

How about next year when they have that 100 mill to spend, just read fan message boards of potential signings. That would eliminate some basic mistakes.

This would likely be an improvement over their current "process" but we both know that their egos would never allow something like that. :lol:

3 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

You can't exclude penalties, they are part of the OL play. They needed to hold to prevent the jail breaks. Granted Peterman was -0.94 fantasy points bad. He is an epic failure, but Josh was under a good deal of pressure too. Josh felt it, moved in the pocket and made some nice throws, many of which were dropped or bounced off a receiver. Nate needs to be finished and start working on his sales resume.

Nailed it ... cut Peterman, bring in Matt Moore or some other available free agent, and move on.

I'd take Jay Cutler at this point.

Edited by Looper

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Even at 0-16 Beane is coming back.  People who make statement like that, have no idea how much power McDermott and Beane yield.  I have a feeling that internally they were bracing for a bad year.

If they go 0-16 the fan base will be in full revolt if heads don't roll. 

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It would be like the Rams or Bears drafting another QB in the season following the respective rough rookie campaigns from Goff and Trubisky.  Terrible reasoning. 

The difference is both of those teams fired their defensive head coach and replaced him with a young, offensive minded coach with a strong resume of innovate play calling.  Not going to happen in Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1