The Tweet That's The Best Argument For Josh Allen Starting Here On Out

BuffaloRush

1 hour ago, Luka said:

Simmer down little man. I'm just refuting your claim that it 100% won't happen. It certainly could. Allen could play even worse than Peterman all season. Then what? You play him next year anyways? Just stop. Put your booze down and take a nap.

Way to grasp at straws. You think he's going to be worse then Peterman? have you looked at Peterman's stats in all three of his starts? No it won't happen. Get a clue. It's never happened before for a reason in the NFL. Yes you play him for the next couple of years. That's the whole point of picking a raw QB that is going to need a few years to learn the game, and I'm completely sober. 

Edited by Rocbillsfan1

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Way to grasp at straws. You think he's going to be worse then Peterman? have you looked at Peterman's stats in all three of his starts? No it won't happen. Get a clue. It's never happened before for a reason in the NFL. Yes you play him for the next couple of years. That's the whole point of picking a raw QB that is going to need a few years to learn the game, and I'm completing sober. 

??

Just now, jrober38 said:

If they go 0-16 the fan base will be in full revolt if heads don't roll. 

...And they won't.  The Pegula's understand this.  When they hired McDermott they signed him to a 5 year (as opposed to a 3 year deal) because they were committed to the patience required to carry out his plan.  They more than likely axed Whaley and hired his friend as GM to appease McDermott.  I doubt they pull the cord on either so soon

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

All I said was that Peterman "would" start and that Allen needs time to learn. 

Peterman did start, and it's pretty darn obvious that Josh Allen should be sitting on the bench, but he's not going to get that opportunity. 

Even if Allen is not ready.  We need to find out if he has the potential to be a franchise QB.   

It would be different if we had a legit NFL QB that gives the team a chance to win.   But Tyrod is gone and we never found out about McCarron.   What can Allen possibly learn watching Peterman’s historically awful performances?

He needs to play.

If Peterman starts the next game, many are out of here.  There's no logic to expecting more down the road from a guy that clearly doesn't have it.  Hopefully, he'll be gone this week as he's a poor excuse for a back-up.  We should have kept McCarron as an additional option.  That's on coach and the GM.  Never understood why they didn't. 

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Excluding the penalties I thought the OL was average. There were a lot of plays Nate and Josh had a decent amount of time. Not good of course. Far from it. But there weren't the jailbreaks most every play I feared. 

I wasn’t just speaking about the OL.  Haven’t seen the all 22 yet, but the WRs also have to get open and catch the ball.  Our only good WRs might be a bum too....until his knee gets smashed in.  

Its only one game.  I expect a better offensive showing next week (as long as Bosa doesn’t play), but I’m not sure how we can expect a winning team this year with this OL and WRs. I feel bad for shady.

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I wasn’t just speaking about the OL.  Haven’t seen the all 22 yet, but the WRs also have to get open and catch the ball.  Our only good WRs might be a bum too....until his knee gets smashed in.  

Its only one game.  I expect a better offensive showing next week (as long as Bosa doesn’t play), but I’m not sure how we can expect a winning team this year with this OL and WRs. I feel bad for shady.

Allen had more rushing yards than Shady. I don't feel bad for him because he doesn't get north/south and with this O line, that's your only hope of gaining any yards.

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yep. That's another thing I don't understand at all about McBeane. They had to convince Kyle to come back. They only have Shady in his prime for X amount of time. And yet they didn't address the OL or WR seriously at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Allen had more rushing yards than Shady. I don't feel bad for him because he doesn't get north/south and with this O line, that's your only hope of gaining any yards.

Oh yeah.....it’s shady fault.  ?

Just now, NewEra said:

Oh yeah.....it’s shady fault.  ?

Yea it kinda is. Like he doesn't know how ****ty the o-line is? For how many great plays he makes, he also has a lot of negative runs and sometimes he needs to take the two yards instead of dancing in the backfield. And yea, I'm not one of those people that thinks McCoy is a god, sorry. Other teams know it too, he doesn't want to run between the tackles so if they shut down the outside you end up with a lot of negative plays.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Luka said:

Yea it kinda is. Like he doesn't know how ****ty the o-line is? For how many great plays he makes, he also has a lot of negative runs and sometimes he needs to take the two yards instead of dancing in the backfield. And yea, I'm not one of those people that thinks McCoy is a god, sorry. Other teams know it too, he doesn't want to run between the tackles so if they shut down the outside you end up with a lot of negative plays.

Ok.  It’s shadys fault...... my bad

48 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

there's no way they take a QB #1 next year. That would be admitting that they totally failed and gave up a lot of draft capital and resources to pick a bust without even giving him a couple of years. They need the #1 pick but that's so they can trade down and stock pile picks because they have holes everywhere on this team.

No matter how bad Allen plays, they should keep him for 2 or 3 years to see if he improves.  Even Denver kept Paxton Lynch for 2 years.

2 minutes ago, Luka said:

You're really good at dissecting the issues.   Shady hurt the offense today and if he was any kind of professional would evaluate how he let the o line down.  

1 minute ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

No matter how bad Allen plays, they should keep him for 2 or 3 years to see if he improves.  Even Denver kept Paxton Lynch for 2 years.

People seem to not be living in reality. While it was an ugly game and I expect more to come they cannot just throw out Allen at this point. For the most parts he didn't play terrible today and made some nice throws but just like Wyoming he has zero help around him except the running backs.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Luka said:

When teams know you cannot beat them 15-50 yards downfield it is easy for them to take Shady out of the game. Many people here predicted that and it's exactly what happened. None of the core problems of this game were Shady's fault. 

41 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

News flash the Bills picked a raw QB with elite talent that is going to need to time to develop. You cannot tell in one year if he is a bust. There was no indictation that they even wanted him to play this year, at least not for a while. This year is all about tanking. No one is getting fired. They know they are going to suck. At least I hope they do.

Sticking with Peterman and bringing in McCarron as the only alternatives suggests otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1

Then why didn't they start him over Peterman? Also the Bills didn't have a ton of money to spend on a journeymen QB. Hence McCarron. Allen started training camp as the #3 for a reason and that is because unless he absolutely lit it up in preason he was never suppose to be the starter to begin the year.