The Tweet That's The Best Argument For Josh Allen Starting Here On Out

BuffaloRush

Here it is - this dude makes an excellent point.  The Bills need to let Allen start ASAP.  Not only because Peterman is terrible but because they have a shot at drafting high again this year.  The more they sit Allen, the less time they have to evaluate whether they have something with him.  If they feel they need to - they could pull a Jacksonville and get a 2nd chance to draft a franchise QB.  It really doesn't happen very often

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Here it is - this dude makes an excellent point.  The Bills need to let Allen start ASAP.  Not only because Peterman is terrible but because they have a shot at drafting high again this year.  The more they sit Allen, the less time they have to evaluate whether they have something with him.  If they feel they need to - they could pull a Jacksonville and get a 2nd chance to draft a franchise QB.  It really doesn't happen very often

LOL a shot, you say?

but yes, i agreee

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

I've been saying to play Allen all off-season.  He should have started Game 1.

The sooner we figure out what we have with them, the better.

And if we really do end up picking first, we better damned well know that we need--or don't need--a QB.

there's no way they take a QB #1 next year. That would be admitting that they totally failed and gave up a lot of draft capital and resources to pick a bust without even giving him a couple of years. They need the #1 pick but that's so they can trade down and stock pile picks because they have holes everywhere on this team.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I think Josh Allen starts the next game. Peterman is done. 

They gotta go out and look for backup now. Peterman has no future here at all. Kids played probably under 90 minutes of football if you take away some mop up duty last year. Add in the Jags game and he has 8 !@#$ing picks. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I fully expect Peterman to start again next Sunday.

They don't want to ruin Allen around these trash players and they know that as soon as they start him, there's no turning back.

Not saying I agree with it.

I think it's about 50-50.

If I HAD to bet I would say Nate starts because McD is stubborn. I don't even think NP should be in the league. 

But if he does start Nate next week, at home, and in the first two series he looks bad, which is a very possible if not likely scenario, the boos from the crowd will be deafening. The veterans and good players on the team would have to question whether their coach knows what he is doing, which is a huge factor. If Allen starts and he does the exact same thing as I think Nate might, and looks awful for two series, no one will care, no one would question the coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

They don't want to ruin Allen around these trash players and they know that as soon as they start him, there's no turning back.

I'm pissed off at how much I disagree with that

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I think it's about 50-50.

If I HAD to bet I would say Nate starts because McD is stubborn. I don't even think NP should be in the league. 

But if he does start Nate next week, at home, and in the first two series he looks bad, which is a very possible if not likely scenario, the boos from the crowd will be deafening. The veterans and good players on the team would have to question whether their coach knows what he is doing, which is a huge factor. If Allen starts and he does the exact same thing as I think Nate might, and looks awful for two series, no one will care, no one would question the coach. 

Agreed. Peterman should not even be in the league let alone a starting QB. It is ego - McD wants to prove that he is right for having faith in NP. I know some may disagree because McD is professional etc. But this happens all the time in pro sports. We saw it with Marrone, Whaley, Ryan, and on and on. Sometimes your ego can get the best of you. 

1 minute ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

You state this with the same level of confidence you expressed in Nate Peterman as being the Bills best QB now. 

All I said was that Peterman "would" start and that Allen needs time to learn. 

Peterman did start, and it's pretty darn obvious that Josh Allen should be sitting on the bench, but he's not going to get that opportunity. 

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I can't see it. McDermott cannot be that unwise to start Peterman again. If he starts Peterman and he's terrible again, and has to put Allen in at halftime, McDermott will look like a huge fool. You just have play Allen and let him get his experience. He's supposed to be our future and it's obvious we don't have another viable option. I was all for Peterman being named starter, but even I didn't see this game being as bad as it was 

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I say NP starts the first 4 games.  He may not deserve it, but Josh doesn't deserve to get a concussion against SD or GB.  Our O-Line and the penalties kept giving Ravens a short field.  What happened to NP's quick release today?  I'd like to see that in game 2.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

They gotta go out and look for backup now. Peterman has no future here at all. Kids played probably under 90 minutes of football if you take away some mop up duty last year. Add in the Jags game and he has 8 !@#$ing picks. 

McDermott isn't going to want to keep pulling Peterman out of games. Peterman is toast. 

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

there's no way they take a QB #1 next year. That would be admitting that they totally failed and gave up a lot of draft capital and resources to pick a bust without even giving him a couple of years. They need the #1 pick but that's so they can trade down and stock pile picks because they have holes everywhere on this team.

Two second round picks is not "a lot of draft capital." We gave up more to draft Watkins.

And frankly, they draft poorly so what would they have really gotten with those two picks? Two more Zays? They'll do whatever they feel they need to do to build a successful franchise. Frankly, it's more of a mark on them to NOT start Josh Allen. This is their guy. They picked him. They made the trade. Peterman isn't even a serviceable backup at this point. He simply can not play quarterback at this level. To play him over their number 1 guy is a joke.

The more Allen plays the better he will get. He did it at Wyoming and he has the physical gifts to do it at this level too. He probably took less reps this week than he has all camp in preseason. Start him. It's not just the game experience but the experience of preparing as the starter week in and week out that he's missing out on while they screw around with Peterman.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

At this point, I think the odds are heavily against it, if Allen is bust there's a good chance Beane and McDermott as gone.  You really never get a 2nd chance at drafting a franchise QB unless you are David Caldwell in Jacksonville.  If there's a can't miss QB prospect this year (like say a Drew Locke) and Allen's play is less than stellar, they can do what's in the best interest of their team and take him.  I wouldn't put that scenario past this team