Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Being Phased Out with the Youth Movement

26CornerBlitz

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Is he still part of the process?

Do Beane and McDummy get passes on bringing this poison into the Bills locking room, having already known what he was about?

Right... wasnt this the exact reason we traded sammy

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I don't know how you don't release Benjamin at this point. You preach culture over talent and he's neither at this point and has no future with the team. Just cut him and be done with it.

They are walking contradictions. They say the right things. I wish I could know what their process is and what makes it different from all the other teams in the league

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

MVP.

#1 offense in the NFL in points scored.  Newton led the NFL in TD's.

He deserved it.  Be dumber. You can't.

You can't bring actual tangible fact into the equation. Also didn't they go 15 and 1 or something

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Code for.... he has to look at the pregame film?

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I have to check the tape.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Heads will roll this week, it's just a matter of who and how many. If I'm McD I cut Peterman,  Benjamin,  Ray Ray and Lacey immediately.  Fire Crossman and tell Daboll he's on thin ice. We just wasted one of the best defensive performances by a Bills team in a long time.

I don't cut mccloud or Lacey. Crossman  had survived 3 coaches... HOW!!!!

Allen can't find him when he's wide open anyways....But get Benjamin out of here bcuz he don't want to be here anyways...

.go Young...trade Shady for a 3rd, get whatever you can for Clay and send Benjamin packing..Allen out there looking like he did at Wyoming!

30 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Benjamin explained what traditionally happens in warmups to help players get ready for the game.

"I was out stretching and just running and just doing my pregame warmup. Usually I'll go over to Josh and get a couple balls before he goes in (to the locker room) because Josh goes in (earlier) than all the rest of the players to come in and do his routine," Benjamin said. "And right before I seen he was about to go in, he asked me, 'You need anything.' And I was like, 'Nah, I'm good.' Then he ended up leaving and I ended up leaving, but I guess she put the tweet out thinking like, this is a big break. I mean, you put stories out there like that and you know your page starts to get followers."

I mean, that does sound like a pretty plausible explanation and not something that is as big a deal as it’s being made out to be. 

Edit - though the part that confuses me is that they said Allen stayed out on the field with other WR’s. Maybe the other WR’s asked him to? Or the reporter got that part wrong? Or maybe Benjamin isn’t telling the whole truth? 

Im sure more will come out. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I mean, that does sound like a pretty plausible explanation and not something that is as big a deal as it’s being made out to be. 

Edit - though the part that confuses me is that they said Allen stayed out on the field with other WR’s. Maybe the other WR’s asked him to? Or maybe Benjamin isn’t telling the whole truth? 

Im sure more will come out. 

Just listened to his post-game comments.

The whole thing was apparently intentionally distorted by whoever "broke" this story.

The whole thing was a routine situation and Benjamin did nothing unusual.

• Like (+1) 1

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer
Bills' WR Kelvin Benjamin described a report from WHAM before Sunday's 20-13 game that he declined to run routes pregame with QB Josh Allen as "misinformation." Benjamin said he felt ready for the game when Allen asked him if he needed more routes and that he wanted to "conserve his energy" and get an IV before kickoff. "It wasn't a question of, 'Do you want to run routes?' and I declined," Benjamin said. "That's just somebody trying to take something and run with it, try to get their name out there. Pregame is the player's choice to warm up to get ready for the game."

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

On the surface, agree, but could there be a legit reason why this would not be a good idea pregame? 

Couldn't what they work on and the way KB runs the routes could be a "tell" to the other team?

No. It's just route running.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

If this is true and there wasn’t good reason for it, You have to wonder if KB is actually trying to get cut. 

If if that’s the case, do you reward him by giving him what he wants? Or do you just make him inactive? 

No cut, just trade or bench.