Peterman and Offense Expectations: R-E-L-A-X

Jerome007

3 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

That's the only reason we may have a down year?  BTW, poor quarterback play, even for experienced quarterbacks, is often the result of having an inferior offensive line.  I wouldn't call our OL stellar by a long shot.  Bottom line, a poor showing this year will not be all on Peterman (or Allen), just as a playoff season is not all about the quarterback; take Taylor and his mediocre play, for example, on last years team. 

If, by your standards, TT was mediocre last year (yet the team made the playoffs), how was Peterman and his 5 INTS? He's starting, you know?

...it'll be the line's fault?

4 hours ago, COTC said:

Peterman is our starting QB, and you’re comparing M. Ryan and N. Foles to him? 

His two showings last year were a complete and utter embarrassment. 

Our confidence in Peterman should be and is 0.0

If this is a down year, it will be because of our poor qb play. 

It better not be a down year...

But he had 4 showings last year during the season, the 2 you don’t mention he looked good. 

8 hours ago, COTC said:

Or what.....? Huh? Or what...?

I really can't understand the amount of flack Peterman has taken! He was a rookie and was thrown in there with a huge amount of pressure, playoffs still in sight, best pass rush in the NFL, loss of his best target and no O-line help! Guess what he played like a rookie! This kid has shown he can throw receivers open, get's the ball out early with anticipation, quick release and smart! I think he will do well...... Go-Bills  PETERLOVE!

If I was a Falcons fan, I would not be relaxed about Matt Ryan's piss poor performance.  If I was an Eagles fan I would not be relaxed about Nick Foles performance.    If the Bills under Peterman score 12 points in the entire game, and the Bills lose, I will not be relaxed.

5 minutes ago, Go-Bills said:

I really can't understand the amount of flack Peterman has taken! He was a rookie and was thrown in there with a huge amount of pressure, playoffs still in sight, best pass rush in the NFL, loss of his best target and no O-line help! Guess what he played like a rookie! This kid has shown he can throw receivers open, get's the ball out early with anticipation, quick release and smart! I think he will do well...... Go-Bills  PETERLOVE!

He played unlike any rookie ever before, by throwing 5 interceptions in one half.  Maybe that was a fluke.   But is was arguably the most cringe worthy performance in NFL history. 

9 hours ago, COTC said:

The snow game he played well considering the conditions, in no way was that an "utter embarrassment".

And what does this mean, "It better not be a down year..."????????????

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

https://footballmaven.io/bills/news/some-cause-for-optimism-in-peterman-s-opening-day-debut--YHU-6GvCESVOH-v7t8ZRQ/

Sully pointed out that the last 5 QBs making their Opening Day debut starting for the Bills haven’t thrown a pick. They went 4-1, winning the 4 by an average of 21.5 points. The last Bills QB throwing a pick in his Opening Day debut? Drew Bledsoe. :sick:

It remains to see what happens today, but I will be optimistic and positive. Just like Sully. :)

• Like (+1) 1

I’m sorry I just can’t get excited about Peterman starting. He has what? Six more quarters of experience than Allen? We all know Allen is the future, what is he going to learn from watching Peterman? Is Peterman starting because the offensive line sucks? So what is he a sacrificial lamb? Whose fault is it the line sucks?

Edited by chris heff

I'm not listening to Frankie yet.  

I'll relax when I see competant play-calling and execution.  I want to see the Bills trying to enforce their will at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

I'll relax when the QB has at least 2.5 seconds to throw.

I'll relax when I see the interior of the O-line not getting pushed into the QB every pass.

I'll relax when I see the WR getting separation and making contested catches.  

I'll relax when I see Peterman making good decisions, getting the ball to his play-makers with precision, making the defense unable to stack the box.  

I'll relax when we take advantage of the defense and mix it up with a run game that moves the chains and limits negative plays. 

Until then, I may pace a little when watching this game. 

They're going to rely mainly on running the 'ground and pound' style offense to help out their Q, and if the line can give him at least 2-3 seconds of protection, he'll be effective for the first 5-6 games until the other DCs figure him out.

Reading the posts is not relaxing ha ha. And to the downers, don't worry, I too will foaming at the mouth and screaming at the screen from time to time. I guess the difference is I don't expect perfection, far from it, and I won't judge the coaches and players from ONE game, especially the offense on the first game. Do I want  a repeat of last year's San Diego game? Or of the 3 game stretch awful plays? Hell no. But just think that they made the playoffs despite this happening! So yeah, my "relax" still stands. And of course it's for myself as well :) 

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The guy is right. 

Some fans want true excellence. And some fans are happy with hope and fairy tales. 

You are correct but true excellence resides in about 4 cities in the NFL.  The other 28 live on hope and fairy tales.  That's called being a true fan.

Edited by Epstein's Mother

The "fans" that "demand excellence" that I know personally are not exactly demanding it of themselves in their own lives and work... Far from it in fact.

Easy to demand excellence, and of course as fans it's quite fine to put the pressure on the players to perform at their best, and on the management to bring and mold a Superbowl team, hell a 19-0 team! But bitching and moaning and booing at the very first chance will get the results we want? 

Take Peterman. Would I personally rather see Allen in there? YESSSS!!! But Nate has done the best one can possibly do in his situation, And he is the Bills QB. So why should I vomit all over him before the season has begun? I'll judge him on his plays, keeping in mind the situation he is put in. No room for a repeat 5 pick game, but there is room for other stuff than perfection or "excellence" this very first game