Embedded #4

Chandler#81

I just wish they'd do more of these - going in to the season...  It is nice to see how the team comes together - whether it is a Pizza eating contest, or congratulating each other for a job well done.

Win or Lose, they are doing it right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"Its hard to win in the NFL"...lol, surprised that has gotten blasted around yet.

Excellent episode again, and man I love this staff, they are the right ones for this team IMO.  Big fans of McD and Beane so far, even if we take a step back this year in our push for setting this team up for the future.

• Like (+1) 3

Might have been thr best episode yet, and that is saying something. Excellent series. 

I am beyond impressed with Sean McDermott. I have said it before, but I’ll say it again -he is a leader of men. I truly feel that we got the right coach this time. There will be mistakes and things that he can do better. But he will figure it out. 

I think back to that quote Steve Tasked shared from Dan Rooney. 

Rooney said “you just hire the smartest guy you can find and you support him until he figures it out”. I think that quote applies perfectly to Sean McDermott. 

One of the best things about SM is that he isn’t set in his ways like some veteran coaches are. He’s constantly willing to adapt and learn. He doesn’t think he has it all figured out. He knows he has to keep improving every day, just like his players do. 

Another great quote by Dan Rooney that makes me think of Sean McDermott -

“But you don’t see Bill Belichick calling plays. He’s just taking notes after things happen. That’s what a head coach does. He manages the staff. He points them in the right direction, maybe some specific instructions about what he likes and doesn’t like. A head coach does very little football coaching. He coaches people. He’s a life coach both for his staff and for his players. His job is to get more out of people than they think they’ve got to give.”

I don’t know what this season will bring, but I think that the Bills are set up for long term success with Sean McDermott as our head coach. 

• Like (+1) 7

12 minutes ago, TPS said:

Was that Keuchly who said to McD, "that dude is a freakazoid!" About Tremaine, then they cut to a shot of him--he looked like the a predator.

That was noteworthy I thought. All of these guys are specimens but Keuchly sounded in awe of Edmunds. "Dudes arms touch his knees while he's standing". 

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Was that Keuchly who said to McD, "that dude is a freakazoid!" About Tremaine, then they cut to a shot of him--he looked like the a predator.

I think we all smile a little when arguably the best MLB in the game calls the Bills MLB a freakzoid....Edmunds is starting to look like Tarzan and play like Tarzan...

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Might have been thr best episode yet, and that is saying something. Excellent series. 

I am beyond impressed with Sean McDermott. I have said it before, but I’ll say it again -he is a leader of men. I truly feel that we got the right coach this time. There will be mistakes and things that he can do better. But he will figure it out. 

I think back to that quote Steve Tasked shared from Dan Rooney. 

Rooney said “you just hire the smartest guy you can find and you support him until he figures it out”. I think that quote applies perfectly to Sean McDermott. 

One of the best things about SM is that he isn’t set in his ways like some veteran coaches are. He’s constantly willing to adapt and learn. He doesn’t think he has it all figured out. He knows he has to keep improving every day, just like his players do. 

Another great quote by Dan Rooney that makes me think of Sean McDermott -

“But you don’t see Bill Belichick calling plays. He’s just taking notes after things happen. That’s what a head coach does. He manages the staff. He points them in the right direction, maybe some specific instructions about what he likes and doesn’t like. A head coach does very little football coaching. He coaches people. He’s a life coach both for his staff and for his players. His job is to get more out of people than they think they’ve got to give.”

I don’t know what this season will bring, but I think that the Bills are set up for long term success with Sean McDermott as our head coach. 

Well said.

Coach McDermott has a big presence..as opposed to Rex who had a big personality.  Big difference...

• Like (+1) 2