What’s on the menu for the 1st NFL Sunday?

YoloinOhio

With the time difference, the game is on our Monday morning.

Like every year, I take the day off... go for a walk on the beach... come home and have a few drinks, before the game starts.

I'll be making homemade Buffalo Wings and hope to make a Garbage Plate to celebrate the victory!

Let's go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

Breakfast:

Sausage gravy and biscuits

scrambled eggs

bacon

strong bloody marys

Pregame:

14th Star Maple Breakfast Stout (1 or 2)

Gametime:

pigs in a blanket (mini hot dogs baked in dough)

buffalo wing dip or spinach artichoke dip

chilled shrimp and homemade cocktail sauce

Miller Lite (lots)

Shots of Gran Marnier

7 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

As a Cajun, I’m curious as to how you will be doing this?

for me, crawfish stew, fried fish, and potato salad.

Hey, Cajun!  I grew up in Mobile. Not too terribly far from Louisiana. I get my Gulf shrimp from Sexton’s in Birmingham (if you know Sexton’s in Destin, it’s the same family). We have a family spice we use. Think Slap Ya Momma or Swamp Fire. We do the potatoes first. Just boil them with the spices in the boil. Then, we spice it up a bit, and do the shrimp.  When we pull the shrimp, we dust them and mix it real good to get it spicy as hell on the shells. Also, the seasoning dissolves doing this. Finally, we will cook the sweet corn in the same water. 

To serve, I’ll cover the table in newspaper, put out the bowls of food and little buckets of Country Crock to roll the corn. I make a dipping sauce with Zatarains Creole Mustard, prepared horseradish, fresh squeezed lemon and a touch of ketchup. 

Its simple, but we enjoy the hell out of it. 

38 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Hey, Cajun!  I grew up in Mobile. Not too terribly far from Louisiana. I get my Gulf shrimp from Sexton’s in Birmingham (if you know Sexton’s in Destin, it’s the same family). We have a family spice we use. Think Slap Ya Momma or Swamp Fire. We do the potatoes first. Just boil them with the spices in the boil. Then, we spice it up a bit, and do the shrimp.  When we pull the shrimp, we dust them and mix it real good to get it spicy as hell on the shells. Also, the seasoning dissolves doing this. Finally, we will cook the sweet corn in the same water. 

To serve, I’ll cover the table in newspaper, put out the bowls of food and little buckets of Country Crock to roll the corn. I make a dipping sauce with Zatarains Creole Mustard, prepared horseradish, fresh squeezed lemon and a touch of ketchup. 

Nice! As a Cajun I approve of this! Only part I disagree with is the dusting the shells. It’s not wrong at all, it’s just that’s the way they do it in the Lafayette, La. area. The creole way. Creole vs Cajun way, think crips vs bloods, it’s that serious! Lol

regardless, I definitely approve and would go back for seconds. Well done, brother!

• Like (+1) 1

I was planning to go all out ordering Bocce’s (before 2:00 pm Thursday for proper delivery) and grilling some Sahlens. Maybe even have Publix do some rolls for beef on weck. Have the next door neighbors (she’s from Buffalo) my son, wife and mom. My son has been my steady Bills fan for game days the last few years. I just learned his GF watches Bucs games like he watches the Bills...religiously. Screw it, maybe I’ll do week one at the Bills bar (Whitehall Tavern) with them. I’ll miss him on fall Sundays, but I’m glad he has a girl who “gets” football.  

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

dude, I am all in here. Did a low country boil for the Jets home opener on Thursday night a couple years back in Hammers..but ya lost me at Country Crock.You saying fake butter is the norm?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Breakfast:

scrambled eggs

bacon

strong bloody marys

Pregame:

Gametime:

Miller Lite (lots)

Shots of Gran Marnier

Any particular time the shots go down (I.e. Bills score), or are they just at random? 

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Where do you get the Zatarains creole mustard? 

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Breakfast:

scrambled eggs

bacon

strong bloody marys

Pregame:

Gametime:

Miller Lite (lots)

Shots of Gran Marnier

This looks fun.  Is there a routine for the shots or is it whenever you please?

34 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

dude, I am all in here. Did a low country boil for the Jets home opener on Thursday night a couple years back in Hammers..but ya lost me at Country Crock.You saying fake butter is the norm?

We use the Country Crock for ease. Double dipping is not only allowed, but it’s encouraged. ? We used to use real, unsalted butter sticks, but the baby tubs of the fake stuff makes clean up so easy. 

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Any particular time the shots go down (I.e. Bills score), or are they just at random? 

Where do you get the Zatarains creole mustard? 

At the grocery stores here in Alabama. 

Or Amazon. 

https://www.amazon.com/Zatarains-Creole-Mustard-5-25-Oz/dp/B00440065Q/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1536202975&sr=8-3&keywords=creole+mustard

Edited by El Guapo

Breakfast:  16oz of ice cold water; walk the pups and a whey protein shake with bananas, almond milk, and peanut butter. 

Lunch:  A spinach salad with Sun-dried tomato turkey, 1 avocado, 2 hard boiled eggs, and green peppers; topped with a simple

olive oil/balsamic vinegar dressing. 

Gametime:  Two 20oz bottles of Adirondack Seltzer Water. A fifth of Tito’s Handmade Vodka. 2 limes for garnish. 

Snack: 1 bag of Salt and Pepper Pistachios

Postgame:  A cup of freshly brewed french press with a hefty shot of Cardenal Mendoza Brandy; enjoyed with a square of Lake Champlain dark chocolate. 

Dinner:  A small french baguette spread with canned Da Morgada anchovies in olive oil and a few slivers of Manchego cheeese. 

Edited by bobobonators