Check in on Ravens Board

JinxedBill1

5 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I wouldn’t say they have a better QB.

Flacco sucks.

Joe Flacco won a Super Bowl while Nate Peterman made Tyrod Taylor look like a savior. You can say Flacco sucks all you want but Flacco has been a pretty decent QB for a team with very little talent at the receiver position and offensively in general the last 4-5 seasons. Flacco might be highly overpaid but he is a competent NFL QB, something I can't yet say about Nate Peterman whose greatest accomplishment thus far in his NFL career has been that he looks good in pre-season. 

So yes I feel very confident saying that the Ravens have a better QB than the Bills do at least on paper and from what you can project based off of what each player has done in their respective NFL careers. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Joe Flacco won a Super Bowl while Nate Peterman made Tyrod Taylor look like a savior. You can say Flacco sucks all you want but Flacco has been a pretty decent QB for a team with very little talent at the receiver position and offensively in general the last 4-5 seasons. Flacco might be highly overpaid but he is a competent NFL QB, something I can't yet say about Nate Peterman whose greatest accomplishment thus far in his NFL career has been that he looks good in pre-season. 

So yes I feel very confident saying that the Ravens have a better QB than the Bills do at least on paper and from what you can project based off of what each player has done in their respective NFL careers. 

Stop with all this objective nonsense. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I really don't know what to expect from the offense, but I could totally see a scenario where our secondary gets a few picks from Jump Ball Joe and if that's the case we're in it.

Just like how we won early last year, create turnovers, don't blow it when we have the ball.

Yo, stranger! Don't be one.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, row_33 said:

that doesn't even 1% help the Bills

except the Ravens can rest everyone if they go up 21-0 early and let the Bills take on the scrubs in a prevent D

Unless of course they’re looking pass Buffalo.

6 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Look at Flacco’s stats the last three seasons. Awful comes to mind.

And you have no feeaking idea of how Peterman will compare to Flacco.

None.

17 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh?  80% of the only QB to turn the ball over?  80% of the guy whose first pass against Cleveland scrubs now working at Jiffy Lube was a dropped pick 6?  80% of Peterman and we are gonna get destroyed.  The ONLY way we can win this game is if Peterman plays better than he did in the preseason.  You guys forget, Peterman MOSTLY played against scrubs...and guess what, all 3 QB's had good moments against scrubs, but the only 2 QB's to face a legit first string offense got destroyed behind this line (AJM and Allen in weeks 2 and 3).  NP didn't face a real first team, it was the first game of the preseason against partial starters and a vanilla D he will never actually face in a real game.  And yet he still threw an INT.  

Sorry, but some of you are still way over exaggerating preseason...NP needs to bring his best or we are getting destroyed.  And we still don't even know if his best is good enough to win in the NFL.  I will be rooting for him, would be awesome to see him go in there and upset the Ravens.  But man people are obsessed with over exaggerating preseason, especially if not considering the context of the performance either.  NP has a LOT to prove this Sunday, and it won't be easy.  And if he does, he will start to earn the right for more optimism.  I like the kid, so would be great to see him do well...I am just cautiously reserved at this point and not buying into the fools gold of preseason that gets people over hyped every year on players.

You need a tissue? Mr. Get off my lawn?

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

None.

Flacco has been really bad recently. I have no idea if he’s better than Peterman at this point. I mean the odds are he is but Matt Ryan is better than Tyrod and we won that game last year. So who the hell knows.

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

None.

Joe Flacco the past three seasons has thrown for 52 TD's in 42 games (He missed 6 games in 2015) against 40 INT's and has had a completion percentages of 64.1, 64.9, and 64.1 and considering the fact that the Ravens have had very little talent on the offensive side of the ball I wouldn't call those numbers awful at all. 

Peterman is a completely unknown entity but there is no reason to believe that given what little we know about Peterman (low draft pick, horrendous pro-debut, not a great physical profile,  and his only positive is a pair of good pre-season) that Peterman is better than Flacco who is at worst a competent starting caliber QB. 

Now could it be the case that Peterman plays better on Sunday? Yes, but there is no reason to believe that based off of anything other than chance, all past performance indicators and future projections do not lead you to believe that.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Flacco has been really bad recently. I have no idea if he’s better than Peterman at this point. I mean the odds are he is but Matt Ryan is better than Tyrod and we won that game last year. So who the hell knows.

I don't think Flacco has been all that bad the past 3 seasons considering that the Raven's best skill position player the past 3 seasons has either been a mid-level RB in Alex Collins or a washed up Jeremy Maclin. Flacco hasn't been very good either, I think he has been average but an average QB with poor talent around him isn't going to produce very good results. 

I think that the Raven's do have an edge in terms of QB over the Bills. That's objectively true based off of what you can project and predict based off of what both players have done and are expected to do. Now that may not be the case once the pads come on and the players go after it. And even if you acknowledge the Raven's having an edge in QB play that doesn't mean the Raven's will win. 

But I think adding up all the pieces of the Raven's vs. the Bills I think that the Raven's just have an edge in too many avenues for the Bills to win the game. I hope to be proven wrong.