How many times a week do you need to shave your face?

How many times a week do you have to shave your face?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How many times a week do you have to shave your face?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+
  2. 2. Electric, disposable razor or straight/safety razor

• Electric
    • Disposable
    • Straight/Safety Razor

13 minutes ago, shrader said:

How many times I need to and how many times I actually do are two completely different numbers

This is what I was going to type too.

I'm of Italian ancestry and was shaving in the 8th grade.  I have a heavy beard and if I had to look good every day, I would shave 7 days a week.

I tend to shave every other day, however, as I work at home and have sensitive skin.

The "off day" between shaves really helps in that regard.  If I can get away with, I sometimes go 3 or even 4 days without shaving.  

I use an old school safety razor and have preached the virtues of doing so in several threads here, along with traditional shaving soaps and a brush.

Cheap disposable razors don't even work on my beard and just rip up my face, as would an electric shaver.

I used to use cartridge blades like most people but then a few years ago discovered safety razors and shaving properly.

Once you get into it and invest in the equipment, you'll never go back to half-assed shaving again.

1 hour ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Every morning M-F. Stubble on the weekend.

this is exactly what i do.  if i don't have to work, i'm not shaving.  i took a week off not too long ago and let my beard grow out.  i look too much like a terrorist.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I chose disposable, but I use Dollar Shave Club razors.

I am rarely clean shaven (not counting the beard on my chin, which always stays).  I usually shave once/week.  If I wanted to be clean shaven, I'd probably shave every other day.

16 minutes ago, teef said:

this is exactly what i do.  if i don't have to work, i'm not shaving.  i took a week off not too long ago and let my beard grow out.  i look too much like a terrorist.

Longest I can let my beard grow out is about 5 days. It gets irritated too easily and it grows real slow on my face so I end up being the creepy neck beard guy.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with a disposable razor in the shower.  Will shave on weekend if I have to go to a formal social event.  Will grow out beard during summer vacation.  Can't wait until I retire and can go full Letterman.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

To look clean shaven once per day and even then the 5 O'clock shadow is in place right after lunch.  I too was shaving before high school.  I felt like a freak.

I went to a catholic grammar school and it was filled with Italians.

A bunch of us had a defined mustache and peach fuzz in the sideburn area in 8th grade and all started shaving at the same time.  I can still remember talking about it and comparing notes as some interesting new chapter in life.  LOL.

Didn't feel like a freak, though, b/c of that.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

There is no 0 listed on that poll.

What about legs and armpits? 

And maybe even, um, other parts?!

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

Twice a week. I do not have a lot of facial hair but it grows fast and is uncomfortable.  Problem is due to its sparsity, ingrown hairs and thinness it is hard to shave and when I shave it I need to shave it two days in a row.

I miss having barbers who do shaves.  I used to get them when I travelled to military bases and posts.  I tried but can not come even close to a job as barbers.