Season Excitement?

ngbills

Where does this season rank in terms of excitement? What players are you excited to see?

For me what started off as high, whether it is seeing Allen as the QB or what AJM can do, is now pretty low. I still think the team could surprise and wind up 7-9 or 808 just based on parity in the NFL. But there is not much "wow" factor on this team. Peterman is the least talented and exciting QB starting in the NFL. McCoy is only getting older and playing with a worse OL. Our WR's are awful and have no one that has star power. On Defense I am hopeful they look better than in preseason. But they are not going to be feared if they cant get to the QB. The DB's look worse. LB's look worse. Just hard to get excited about the D.

Even in bad years there is usually something to look forward to. Just not seeing it this year. Except maybe waiting for Allen to take the field. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 1

I can't say that I'm excited about the games so much, but I am curious of a few things.  Like how many pick 6's Peterman will throw before Allen gets to play.  Then, how many games until the fan base realizes Allen is not franchise material.

I'm excited to see what the draft order will be in 2019.

I guess one other curiosity is, will this be the year McCoy hits the wall?

Let's see...new QB (who threw 5 picks in his last NFL game...er, half), OL looks like a sieve, 2 NFL-caliber WR's, all-new DL, new MLB, new DB's, and the best, a punter who hasn't kicked in an NFL game before.  I don't know about you, but I'm feeling like Hollywood in a dogfight (Top Gun reference, in case you missed it).

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Let's see...new QB, OL looks like a sieve, 2 NFL-caliber WR's, all-new DL, new MLB, new DB's, and the best, a punter who hasn't kicked in an NFL game before.  I don't know about you, but I'm feeling like Hollywood in a dogfight (Top Gun reference, in case you missed it).

Was that the one that panicked at the beginning of the movie?

4 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

the low level of board participation a few days before the season opener is deafening

Disagree. As most agree with the starting of Peterman, there is nothing to complain about. Most on these type of forums are complainers and arm chair quarterbacks. So, when all is well with their team, they are busy running to the store and stocking up on pizza, beer, and junk.

Peterman is the player I am most excited to see. Hope he plays well, and shuts up the national and local idiots who have nothing better to talk  about than last year. This guy earned the starting spot. For those who wanted Josh or AJ right now, that is not how things go in the NFL. You play the best, you play. Peterman outworked and outshined them all, including all qbs in the preseason.

Whether he continues that great play in the regular season, who knows. But, at least he is more exciting than Tyrod, who was afraid to pull the trigger.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm interested to see Peterman.  I want to see if he can keep his Tom Brady dink and dunk impersonation going in real games in the regular season.

Other than that, of course, the main attraction is Allen.  When will he play and what will he look like once he starts playing?

That's by far the biggest story of this season.

29 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Where does this season rank in terms of excitement? What players are you excited to see?

For me what started off as high, whether it is seeing Allen as the QB or what AJM can do, is now pretty low. I still think the team could surprise and wind up 7-9 or 808 just based on parity in the NFL. But there is not much "wow" factor on this team. Peterman is the least talented and exciting QB starting in the NFL. McCoy is only getting older and playing with a worse OL. Our WR's are awful and have no one that has star power. On Defense I am hopeful they look better than in preseason. But they are not going to be feared if they cant get to the QB. The DB's look worse. LB's look worse. Just hard to get excited about the D.

Even in bad years there is usually something to look forward to. Just not seeing it this year. Except maybe waiting for Allen to take the field. 

Im pretty excited to see how Edmunds progresses throughout the year. I think 5 years from now he will be a dominate player. He's still very young and has a lot to learn, but all the physical talent you could ask for.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, drf1835 said:

Disagree. As most agree with the starting of Peterman, there is nothing to complain about. Most on these type of forums are complainers and arm chair quarterbacks. So, when all is well with their team, they are busy running to the store and stocking up on pizza, beer, and junk.

Peterman is the player I am most excited to see. Hope he plays well, and shuts up the national and local idiots who have nothing better to talk  about than last year. This guy earned the starting spot. For those who wanted Josh or AJ right now, that is not how things go in the NFL. You play the best, you play. Peterman outworked and outshined them all, including all qbs in the preseason.

Whether he continues that great play in the regular season, who knows. But, at least he is more exciting than Tyrod, who was afraid to pull the trigger.

i can fully agree with Peterman starting and not feel good about it at the same time

• Like (+1) 2

This is the least excited that I’ve maybe ever been. With that being said it can turn quickly if Allen looks like a player. For me this year was never about wins and losses. It was about clearing the cap and drafting a franchise QB. The job is half done. If Allen proves to be that guy the Bills may become contenders sooner rather than later. I will be REALLY excited for the 2019 season.

• Like (+1) 5

I would say my excitement for the Bills future and the NFL season is a 10. Bills season by comparison 5. Allen isn't starting (which is fine by me) so that takes off some of the fun, Edmunds is learning, a lot of young guys in general are finding the ropes, and in general this team is rebuilding pretty hard. Even when Allen starts I will be judging a lot more then just stats.

Whereas last year you knew with Taylor and McCoy the offense could do enough to be a playoff team same with the defense plus McD was new etc... it was a blank canvas which always is a little more exciting.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, drf1835 said:

Not sure what you're disagreeing with. The participation on this forum is extremely low a few days before a season opener..   

As for me personally... hope for the best... but there is a very large lack of vibe happening right now... Its just doesn't feel nearly as intense as it has felt in past years.

Very excited, but not as excited as usual.  I am admittedly in a doom and gloom phase due to our crappy OL.  I feel as if Allen is our best QB by a long shot, yet, behind this OL doesn’t give us the best chance to win.  That alone, brings my excitement level down a few notches,  

I’m excited to see our 3 headed monster at Rb as well as Dabolls offense.  I’m hoping we were holding back and going all vanilla.  I’m excited to see if Trent Murphy actually exists or if he’s just another Bigfoot.  I hope our DBs aren’t hung out to dry by a non existent pass rush.  Jerry can only do so much.  He needs help.  Maybe Phillips surprises and brings some pressure from the inside?  

More ore than anything, I’m excited to wake up every Sunday, go to Moondoggies Las Vegas and hang with my fellow mafia, be drunk by kickoff at 10am, eat some wings, beef on Weck and pizza.  

• Like (+1) 1