Pre Season's Over, Post Your W/L Prediction

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

They were hoping to shut it down last year but Peterman was such a joke that they had to return to T’Rod and eked out a playoff spot 

ironic

So they wanted to lose last year but were too inept to do it, so they're gonna try again this year?

I am not holding out much hope for 2018.

OL - Worse (especially if Dawkins has injuries - I don't disagree with any of the moves we made - it is just a weaker line - maybe Teller will get some time this season)

QB - worse (turnovers - and not super improved yards/TDs)  I am not sure when to start Allen - maybe by week 8 if the line isn't going to get him murdered?

RB - worse (a year older - and a weaker OL)

WR - Same - better if they stay healthy of course, the inconsistent lineup was ridiculous last season.

TE - Same

OC - improved - maybe this can make up for some of the deficiency, but I sort of agree with the pundits here.

DL - Same (could be improved if we can get healthy)

LB - Same (Once Edmunds gets experience I think it's better, but he struggled in the preseason)

DB - Same (Not really holding much hope for Vontae at this point)

DC - Same

ST - Better - I think our new Punter will help flip the field a bit.

All in all, I just sort of feel like this is the real "trust the process" season, even more so than last year.  I do trust the process, I do think we're on the right track.  I just think we will struggle a lot this season. I think it is wise to start with Peterman - but unless this team does some amazing things - I don't see him starting all 16 games - and Allen will need to get on the field.

I would be shocked if this team wins more than 5 games, pleasantly shocked, but I just don't see it happening.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MTBill said:

I am not holding out much hope for 2018.

OL - Worse (especially if Dawkins has injuries - I don't disagree with any of the moves we made - it is just a weaker line - maybe Teller will get some time this season)

QB - worse (turnovers - and not super improved yards/TDs)  I am not sure when to start Allen - maybe by week 8 if the line isn't going to get him murdered?

RB - worse (a year older - and a weaker OL)

WR - Same - better if they stay healthy of course, the inconsistent lineup was ridiculous last season.

TE - Same

OC - improved - maybe this can make up for some of the deficiency, but I sort of agree with the pundits here.

DL - Same (could be improved if we can get healthy)

LB - Same (Once Edmunds gets experience I think it's better, but he struggled in the preseason)

DB - Same (Not really holding much hope for Vontae at this point)

DC - Same

ST - Better - I think our new Punter will help flip the field a bit.

All in all, I just sort of feel like this is the real "trust the process" season, even more so than last year.  I do trust the process, I do think we're on the right track.  I just think we will struggle a lot this season. I think it is wise to start with Peterman - but unless this team does some amazing things - I don't see him starting all 16 games - and Allen will need to get on the field.

I would be shocked if this team wins more than 5 games, pleasantly shocked, but I just don't see it happening.

MTB, I like the breakdown by unit + coaching.  Yes, I think there's going to be some ugly play during the season. I put 7 wins because I think, for the first time in a lot of years, we

have better head coaching, even though we have more holes this year than last.       Go Bills.

14 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

except coach Jauron never had a 6-10 season. All 3 of his full seasons were 7-9. I NEVER want to return to that.  EVER.

one of our infamous 5-2 starts was under Dick Jauron.  

Doh!  OK, I'll change to 7-9 then.  

Yes, the infamous 5-2 start that got him an extension.  

We are going back to our Bread & Butter game IE,our run game!

Having strengthen our back field we're going to run defenses into the ground,this in turn will free up a fast and short passing game.I think our RAC stats this year will improve dramatically.

So,hoping for all that,I got us at 11-12 wins this year,and my bets are already locked down!  

On 9/3/2018 at 10:45 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

I see Pats' Toady Bill Simmons' The Ringer has the Bills 32nd. I suspect other analytics-driven sites like 538 will reach the same conclusion as ESPN analytics. To me, the worst team in football still projects as a 5-11 team. And that's what I'm going with.

Question: when is the last time an NFL team went into the regular season with a QB staff that has less than one full NFL game under it's collective belt?  (Peterman started 2 games, finishing neither.) I know that was Shanahan's Redskins - RG3 and Cousins in 2012 - had ZERO games started/finished by the QBs they took into opening day (and, of course, that worked out just fine ... for a year).  Has it happened since then? Not that I can recall.

Actually, 538's did not -- they put us middle-of-the-pack at 8-8 with a 2% chance of winning the Super Bowl.

Also, maybe it's just the turn of phrase (and this is an insane level of nitpicking, yet here i go...), but the QBs actually have a little over 1 full game collectively as Peterman played the first half of the San Diego debacle, stood tall in the snow game until the 3rd quarter, and did mop up duty in a couple games (although one was a playoff game).

5-11 is reasonable, but I feel at the low end. My head says 7-9, while my heart says 9-7.

Well it looks like all who care to respond to this topic have done so. Lots of good analysis were made about the team going into this 2018 season.

I think it would be interesting to look at this thread at the halfway mark,  after the first NE game, and see what prognosticators came the closest so far.

The W/L ranges from just 2 wins to as many as 14!  See you around Halloween Bills fans.