What are we going to do with our 9 Million of cap space

RPbillsfan

21 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Good point. 

I think we should sign one guy to a nine million dollar contract. Or else nine million guys to a one dollar contract and let them fight it out. Or else something somewhere in between. 

Oh NO! I think you just found your way into the “non-football people” list! 

Unless there’s something they feel strongly about, they roll it over. 

Perhaps a trade, but more likely they'll sit on it; wait to see if they want to use any of it on extensions for Groy, Benjamin, or Davis.

They may also choose to carry a good amount of it over to 2019, when they're projected to be among the league leaders in cap space.

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Perhaps a trade, but more likely they'll sit on it; wait to see if they want to use any of it on extensions for Groy, Benjamin, or Davis.

They may also choose to carry a good amount of it over to 2019, when they're projected to be among the league leaders in cap space.

Heard this a couple times. Why do we want to roll it over if we already have plenty of cap?    Not opposed to the idea just confused

3 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Heard this a couple times. Why do we want to roll it over if we already have plenty of cap?    Not opposed to the idea just confused

I really dont like the word tank.....but Im thinking they might want to go with what they have because they dont see anyone significantly better at this point

5 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

More cap in more meaningful season > less cap in the year we get to watch NP.

Edited by GoodHands15

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You think they would have their minds made up about Groy.

If they want him next year I like the idea of locking him up instead of letting him go to market.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

You think they would have their minds made up about Groy.

If they want him next year I like the idea of locking him up instead of letting him go to market.

Why? He's just not very good, even as a backup. He can play all 3 interior positions, but even while OL talent is in short supply he could easily be replaced.

8 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Why? He's just not very good, even as a backup. He can play all 3 interior positions, but even while OL talent is in short supply he could easily be replaced.

That's why I said if they want him back.  If they don't Bills got these guys signed for next year.

Sure hope there are enough 2019 UFAs wanting to come to Buffalo.

Dawkins

McDermott

Ducasse

Teller

Bodine

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I really dont like the word tank.....but Im thinking they might want to go with what they have because they dont see anyone significantly better at this point

20 minutes ago, GoodHands15 said:

More cap in more meaningful season > less cap in the year we get to watch NP.

After last year I still get the yearn to be competitive from these guys. I think they will look to make a move if it’s there. I don’t really think there is a great move out there anyway though. 

45 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Not sure to be honest--unless they plan to make a big push for some offensive linemen and/or pass rushers

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Not sure to be honest--unless they plan to make a big push for some offensive linemen and/or pass rushers

I'd be curious to the ROI for these teams. Does using that $9mm really generate a positive effect in net?  Of course, it depends on how they spend it; signing a Doug Flutie type vs a flyer on someone else that never panned out.

The NFL is still a business