Roster is set, pre-season over, how are you feeling?

Virgil

With zero pass rush and zero pass protect, I'd say 6 games would be the ceiling and 4 - 5 wins likely. That said, I thought we were that last year.  We have a tougher schedule, our LBs are really suspect, secondary a bit weaker and QB a real guessing game. Our skilled players, outside of Shady, are lackluster. Let's see what the coaches can muster out of this group.

3 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

WR an LB were question marks last year as well and I believe we have improved there. D line has also improved on paper. QB is a wash. OL is worse that is correct 

You might believe it, but they will have to demonstrate it on the field.

I felt last year exactly like I feel this year.

A rebuilding year with no shot at the post season.

Id like to see both QBs surprise us in a good way.

Im hoping we get some O-line help from someone else’s scraps or in a trade.

I’m hoping Star eats up blockers and just coasted this preseason Bruce Smith style.

7 -9 seems about right with 5 wins seeming more likely than 9.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It all begins up front with the OL.  The shakiest unit on the team IMO. 

I was good with them keeping 3 QBs. I think Peterman and Allen are going to get beat up this year. They’ll be bringing in another QB at some point this year when the starter goes down

1 hour ago, Jamie Nails said:

I’m as pessimistic about this season as I have been for years. Building year; lots of lumps and bumps. Probably 6-10 at best

I think you nailed it.

The offensive line is not very good and the QB's will get killed. The WR's are probably one of the weakest groups in the league. The team will not get near the playoffs this year. Some strange moves by the GM cost the Bills a lot of money. Corey Coleman was going to be cut by the Browns, but they found a sucker to eat his money due and get a draft pick for him. I guess it's easy to spend someone else's money. If the Pegulas don't care, I don't.

If things go extremely well, I see seven wins. If they go poorly, four wins.

BTW, how the heck do they keep four TE's?

Edited by Billsguy

Honestly we really dont know what we have. Pre-season is more about individuals and how they execute.

Regular season involves so much more with coaching and game planing.

With that said i have no idea! So i say 8-8, until we start playing real games.

24 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I was good with them keeping 3 QBs. I think Peterman and Allen are going to get beat up this year. They’ll be bringing in another QB at some point this year when the starter goes down

I'm surprised they traded AJ as soon as they did.  Maybe the coaching staff and FO have more confidence in the Oline than us fans, which would be good because they see and know   more than we do.

I feel McD is a better GM with Whaley than he is with Beane.  I think Beane has traded away more talent than he has brought in.  I think he values draft picks more than players.  I respect that he has positioned the team well for FA next year.  But that also scares the hell out of me because his FA decisions so far score a solid F.  Star, PED Murphy, Ivory, Bodine, and AJ all are either terribly over paid, just flat out suck, or both.  

But if he hit on Allen which is the QB I wanted, then it really doesn't matter. If he has found a franchise QB a multitude of sins can be forgiven.  But if Allen is a bust or hell even average then Beane only survives if he absolutely nails the 2019 off-season and FA.

I want them to win, and usually I am an optimist. But my head says this is a 4-12 team that will jettison Shady and KB perhaps even before the year is over but certainly before next year.  

The team is worse or no better at every position except TE and QB.  

But my head also says, the preseason means nothing, Beane probably knows more than I do, and lots of stuff can happen over then next 17 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:
2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Overall, I think we will be competitive, but I worry about us against strong teams.  It really comes down to our offensive scheme to compensate for our lack of talent and if our FA defensive players can make an impact. 

Right now, I have us at 7-9.  I still think we are the 2nd best team in our division and we are disciplined enough with McDermott to win those close games that we normally shoot ourselves in the foot with. 

Thoughts?

Good post OP...

I think we are going to take all the lumps this year that I expected we'd take last year.  I had no expectation of making the playoffs at the beginning of last year's season.

We ate a whole lot of dead money this year and finally got our financial house in order. We now have a prospect with real potential to be a franchise QB.  That hasn't been the case in a long time.  Hopefully this year will pave the way to future success.  I think this is a five win team.  Considering the big picture, I can live with that.

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott and Beane have made it completely their team. They have given away a lot of good players in favor of getting a potentially excellent QB. I don't see much talent on this roster; I suggested they would win 5-6 games before training camp and I'm still thinking that's the range. 

8 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

I feel McD is a better GM with Whaley than he is with Beane.  I think Beane has traded away more talent than he has brought in.  I think he values draft picks more than players.  I respect that he has positioned the team well for FA next year.  But that also scares the hell out of me because his FA decisions so far score a solid F.  Star, PED Murphy, Ivory, Bodine, and AJ all are either terribly over paid, just flat out suck, or both.  

But if he hit on Allen which is the QB I wanted, then it really doesn't matter. If he has found a franchise QB a multitude of sins can be forgiven.  But if Allen is a bust or hell even average then Beane only survives if he absolutely nails the 2019 off-season and FA.

I want them to win, and usually I am an optimist. But my head says this is a 4-12 team that will jettison Shady and KB perhaps even before the year is over but certainly before next year.  

The team is worse or no better at every position except TE and QB.  

But my head also says, the preseason means nothing, Beane probably knows more than I do, and lots of stuff can happen over then next 17 weeks.

This is my take on the team, too. I really don't think Beane has shown himself to be much of an evaluator of talent. 

• Like (+1) 1