Mack Traded!!!!!!!

The one fanbase this really sucks for is the Packers. A lot of them really thought Mack was a possibility and they're all in on winning now before Rodgers's career is over. Instead they wake up to the news that they have to face him twice a year.

Edited by HappyDays

Just now, Doc said:

"Destroyed his career"?  Yeah, no.

You want to talk hypotheticals about players holding out you also have to talk about destroying their career and career ending injuries otherwise stay out if the hypothetical game

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Did he play after that hold out?  Did he get a new contract to being him back after that holdout?

All I am saying is that when the rookie wage scale came out players played through the 5th year option.  Now players are holding out after year 4.  With Donald holding out after year 3 it potentially creates a slippery slope where guys are either gonna get paid, trade, or just continue the holdout.

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

I’m still left scratching my head on why Gruden would let him go.  Bears!  Talk about a dark horse winning the race.

They didn't have the money to pay him what he wanted as it would cripple their cap space. And more importantly, he didn't make their defense that much better last year with him on the team.

The Bills paid 100 million to super Mario and had Dareus, also had the #4 defense in the NFL and still didn't make the playoffs.   

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m glad he’s in the nfc and as awesome as it would have been, I think he’s more of a guy you go after at that price when you are ready to contend, not when you need your picks to build around your qb. Bears are a year ahead of us on the rebuild. 

Plus this.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I heard last night “2 High picks and Hughes.” I suspect that means a 1 and a 2 now. The Raiders turned the offer down but they were still engaged. He liked the idea of the Bills. 

That's more than a reasonable offer, and anyone who says otherwise is a !@#$ing idiot.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

You want to talk hypotheticals about players holding out you also have to talk about destroying their career and career ending injuries otherwise stay out if the hypothetical game

So wait, they'll get career-ending injuries?  WTF?

Just now, Zebrastripes said:

All I am saying is that when the rookie wage scale came out players played through the 5th year option.  Now players are holding out after year 4.  With Donald holding out after year 3 it potentially creates a slippery slope where guys are either gonna get paid, trade, or just continue the holdout.

And yet it didnt. He came in played and held out a 5th year option (players do that with Tag as well). 

So again no new deal so was cost controlled for four years and had a trigger point. 

He got re-signed

Mack used his trigger point and got traded 

OBJ used his trigger point (showed up to camp) got extended 

so to say anything different is hypocritical and speculation 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

So wait, they'll get career-ending injuries?  WTF?

Sure that is just as much speculation as Mack getting 15 sacks a year for the Bears. 

Specially when Offenses are scheming out the impact of one pass rusher 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

The Bills are in the process of a rebuild we aren’t the type of team that can make this move. We need to build a roster not just plug a star into a shaky roster. The cap hit and the loss of most of our draft cache would have tanked us. 

Exactly. This would have been a move that a Rex/Whaley bandaid team would have made. I'm glad they didn't do it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good take here by Spotrac IMO.

I see the Bills and Bears as being in the same place honestly. A young unproven QB and a lot of holes. After the Mack contract they'll have less than $5 million in cap space this year but they'll have over $25 million next year after a lot of their dead cap goes away. Actually there's a better argument to be made that the Bills were in a better spot to get Mack because right now we're projected to have $60 million in cap space next year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Sure that is just as much speculation as Mack getting 15 sacks a year for the Bears 

I agree that Mack getting 15 sacks a year is speculation, as is predicting a career-ending injury. I'm saying that players and their agents are demanding huge new deals well before their 5th year arrives.

Just now, HappyDays said:

I see the Bills and Bears as being in the same place honestly. A young unproven QB and a lot of holes. After the Mack contract they'll have less than $5 million in cap space this year but they'll have over $25 million next year after a lot of their dead cap goes away. Actually there's a better argument to be made that the Bills were in a better spot to get Mack because right now we're projected to have $60 million in cap space next year.

The Bears have much better weapons on offense with a completely revamped receiveing corps that are ready and in place fot Trubisky. 

• Like (+1) 1