Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims with Colton Schmidt Released

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That's what I thought, and why I said it was 10m before the Coleman cut. 

It doesn't matter to the overall 18 cap, you just move it from live cap to dead cap

• Like (+1) 1

Foster was constantly open, he can't help that QBs overthrew him.  He might have dropped 1 or 2, that's about it.  With that being said if they keep him for the whole season they should put him on the field.  You don't keep playmakes to have them ride the bench and "learn". 

Edited by Estelle Getty

2 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

If someone picks him up from waivers (highly unlikely) would that give us cap relief!

You know he was a 1st round pick so that's a good question.

Usually from what I seen, the contract $'s wanting to be reclaimed is usually talked about for the top 10 picks.

Plus I believe Cleveland would of been the beneficiary of that contract not Buffalo.

If I get time I will see if I can find more about those contracts.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

They only keep Holmes as a gunner on ST not for WR. I don't think that's reason enough but they do. 

He has played in Red zone Offense. and scored .
Not sure the dislike for him, once you accept his role on the team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Im not gonna fault the bills for taking a chance on Colemen......they were trying to improve the team and he was a high pick.....it just didnt work out

The pick isn't the problem,the 3 mill in lost cap space is. Coleman's attitude goes back to his Baylor days...people don't change.3 week bust.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

As Colorado said...we bite 3 mill on the Coleman move.

And that is what I inferred in the original post of mine you responded to. I said that was not news. That is what it always was. He had that guaranteed salary for two years the day we traded for him. Old news. 

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

The pick isn't the problem,the 3 mill in lost cap space is. Coleman's attitude goes back to his Baylor days...people don't change.3 week bust.

When you have the physical abilities NFL people will ALWAYS take a chance

And so what on the cap hit.....players that hit the market at this point of the season are not going to cost that much

1 hour ago, Bisonbreath123 said:

This.

It seems many have posted Reilly as the second coming of Steve Largent.  Everyone knows that the Pats have done well with caucasian slot receivers and every time

a team lets one go (Chris Hogan) we have a WNY panic attack. Reilly is a fringe player and if he was all that the Bills would love to keep him. I want the Bills to win

many Super Bowls and if it takes small moves forward to climb to the top of that mountain I will be patient with the present FO.

It was more about the backstory. How he got this far, His Dad. He is  a Bills Fan hope. It is how many of us think i suppose.
and he could play football. But the odd were again , not in his favor.

Good Kid Good story. wish him well !