Right now, who is the Bills best Qb?

Who is the Bills best QB right now.?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Bills best QB right now.?

• Allen
    • McCarron
    • Peterman

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Took me a long time to come round on Cousins too. And I still don't think Peterman is good enough to hold Kirk's jock. 

The comparison goes even further then both just struggling early in their careers. Both are nearly the same height. Same exact hand size. Nearly the same 40 time, although Peterman appears to be far more mobile based on the eye test. Both started a game their rookie season. Both were mid round picks. And now both find them selves in competition with a top 10 pick and are not considered the future of the franchise going into year two.

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The comparison goes even further then both just struggling early in their careers. Both are nearly the same height. Same exact hand size. Nearly the same 40 time, although Peterman appears to be far more mobile based on the eye test. Both started a game their rookie season. Both were mid round picks. And now both find them selves in competition with a top 10 pick and are not considered the future of the franchise going into year two.

What top 10 pick is Cousins competing with? Cousins got an $84M Guaranteed contract. He's the man in Minny through 2020.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm comparing the two in the context of their first two years in the NFL.  That top 10 pick was RGIII. Taken in the same 2012 draft as Kirk

I was confused because you said 'and now both find themselves in competition with a top 10 pick'. My bad, was just weird wording I guess.

17 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

bla,bla,bla....how'd josh do against the first team cincy d?  you really wanna go there.

he wouldn't have time to heal from ass kickin no.1,  to take one in front of the home crowd week 2.

some of you guys seem to think this is the wwe. yeah he's a big boy but he got a pre season body slam last week. i don't wanna see suggs try to up that.  start nate and win the game. if nate plays 27-17.  come home against a crowd that can be heard from another planet get revenge.......and off to game 3. that's my process...

And at what time during the preseason did Peterman face the kind of Pressure Allen saw against Cincinnati? Yeah I thought so, not since San Diego’s, we all saw how that went...

17 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Kinda sounds like something a fan of an opposing team would say. Weird. 

Who needs enemies when the fans of your own team hope for the worst. Eesch.... 

Show me what was wrong with the statement???? You can’t. It’s pretty obvious, this team isn’t going anywhere this year. Should we let Allen take his lumps now or later? I don’t care if Peterman starts if that’s what’s best for Allen, Peterman will never be the long term answer. He may have had a good preseason, but he never faced the pressure Josh saw against Cinci, since the San Diego game. So to say he would perform any better against that is just a guess. In the end I hope Allen gets 4-6 starts this year, so next year when the rebuild gets kicked up, he has a good feel for the game.

4 hours ago, Fred Clause said:

And at what time during the preseason did Peterman face the kind of Pressure Allen saw against Cincinnati? Yeah I thought so, not since San Diego’s, we all saw how that went...

well  nancy....if nate faces cincy and gets the ball out in under 2 seconds, maybe that pass rush from...omg...the bengals, may not have looked so fierce......

oh and btw, mcd shuffled olineman in and out and there was no cohesiveness. it was planned that way according to mc coach so as to see who could play different spots on the line.....but still...nate would smokedem?

Edited by billsredneck1

Hard to say...Peterman might be playing the best but what happens when DC's and defensive players start scheming for him and start baiting him into throwing those outs and turn them into pick 6s? Should have had 2 in the preseason..he won't be playing against backups most likely that drop them during the year.

IF Peterman can figure out a way to not get picked throwing the outs then he might be. If not then probably Allen.

Nobody knows honestly, we havent seen them play with actual schemes in place yet on both sides of the ball...that matters...a LOT.

Edited by matter2003

33 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

well  nancy....if nate faces cincy and gets the ball out in under 2 seconds, maybe that pass rush from...omg...the bengals, may not have looked so fierce......

oh and btw, mcd shuffled olineman in and out and there was no cohesiveness. it was planned that way according to mc coach so as to see who could play different spots on the line.....but still...nate would smokedem?

Um Tom Brady one of the fastest averaged about 2.5 Seconds to get a pass off. So instead of trying to be the cool assclown, How about you use realism in your analysis, Nate while under pressure at San Deigo certainly smoked um???

Edited by Fred Clause

On 8/29/2018 at 5:49 PM, Lfod said:

I look at Peterman as a future Tom Brady if he works out like a freak. He still needs to hit the gym. 

I see Josh Allen as a human rocket launcher. I love the potential. 

#TeamPeterman. 

If he gets on the Brady, Gronk, Edelman roid plan.

On 8/29/2018 at 9:45 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I still think it’s Allen because he can do the most. I’ve said it multiple times (and may be wrong) but when the bullets start flying I don’t see Peterman succeeding. The opposing team will get pressure (easily), jam the receivers and run under every route. They are so incredibly easy to defense. The only way to succeed is to escape the rush and make some plays over the top. That’s the only way you are going to keep teams from playing 11 guys up. To me, Allen is clearly the guy to do that. He also may be able to zing some of those outs and slants by the guys jumping routes. Those can also become big plays. Teams have to defense him differently.

This

IMO Allen's escapability, arm strength, and size/durability make him our best option. 

It's kind of weird given that he's a rookie and yet the edge goes to him b/c the line and weapons suck...but he is the one w/ the tools to compensate. Of course, he'll be a turnover machine but at least there's a chance to make some bigger plays to move the ball and score. 

If our offense were in better shape I would give the edge to Nate instead, but it isn't.

IMO, we should scrap the playbook and go out there and run the read option w/ McCoy and Allen and try to hit some crossing routes and deep shots if it works to move the ball on the ground. We should basically run Urban Myer's Tebow offense. 

On 8/29/2018 at 10:22 PM, COTC said:

Mr. Pick 6??

are you saying he has the opportunity to start? Hahaha. Come on man!!

Truth is,

there is no !@#$ing way Peterman sees the field. No !@#$ing way. 

Smh @ Mr. pick 6. Worse QB in Bills history. 

What do you want to bet he sees the field?

Like many, I believe Peterman is the best QB right now.  No, he doesn't have a cannon arm, but it's probably stronger than McCarron's, and strong enough so that it is not a handicap on almost all of the throws he would ever be asked to make.  When QBs suffer pick sixes on those out routes (like McCarron did Thursday evening), I don't think arm strength is as much of an issue as the need to accurately judge the position of the cornerback who might try to jump the route.  You also don't want to telegraph your throw.   Everybody knows Josh Allen is going to be the man at some point, but there is no good reason tostart him versus the Ravens.  He's going to develop just fine without starting games at the very start of his rookie season, and I'm certain Peterman geves them a better chance of winning.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Allen is better: physically, toughness & is younger.

Peterman has a weaker arm, has already been concussed against Indy, and threw 6 picks in under 100 attempts last year including the playoffs.

To me 2018 is all about riding with the Cowboy from Wyoming. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Hard to say...Peterman might be playing the best but what happens when DC's and defensive players start scheming for him and start baiting him into throwing those outs and turn them into pick 6s? Should have had 2 in the preseason..he won't be playing against backups most likely that drop them during the year.

IF Peterman can figure out a way to not get picked throwing the outs then he might be. If not then probably Allen.

Nobody knows honestly, we havent seen them play with actual schemes in place yet on both sides of the ball...that matters...a LOT.

omg you guys with the out passes. he completed a much needed one to kb the 1st game and hit oleary in the cincy game out to his right for 36 and a score?

granted he don't have the arm strength to make that his bread and butter, but he gives us the best chance to put points on the board...now.

a.j. is no better on the outs and isn't as fast to process and deliver.

and schemes?....schemes are for everybody.  cincy didn't have to scheme too hard against josh,  nor cleveland against a.j....no?

i want the guy that gets rid of the damn ball and gets this offense in a scoring rhythm. winning is what we need. one game at a time. i don't care if it's qb by committee based on opponent, wins are all that matters. as a matter of fact the bills may pave the way for that approach.... .