I Just Witnessed The 1989 Dallas Cowboys Today

Peace Frog

This team is 1-15, first pick in next year's draft worthy.  I've only been actually watching them since 1988 but Great Caesar's Ghost, that is the worst O-line performance I've ever seen.  This is going to be a long season.

• Like (+1) 2

Ducasse is brutal...how many times have we seen him pushed straight back into the QB?  How is he still on this team?  He couldn't be a backup on most NFL teams.

Only spot on the line that might be OK is LT.

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

This team is 1-15, first pick in next year's draft worthy.  I've only been actually watching them since 1988 but Great Caesar's Ghost, that is the worst O-line performance I've ever seen.  This is going to be a long season.

Assuming we'll win the Super Bowl 3 years later I'll live with it!

Agree though about the OL

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Azucho98 said:

Ducasse is brutal...how many times have we seen him pushed straight back into the QB?  How is he still on this team?  He couldn't be a backup on most NFL teams.

Only spot on the line that might be OK is LT.

If they haven't already, the QBs  will soon be calling him 'Vlad The Impaler' because impaled is what he's going to get them...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I think we will actually need a few of those seasons to actually get better...only way to infuse blue chip players at the top of the draft- just like ‘84 & ‘85 Bills.

Edited by JaCrispy

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

At least they have the cheerleaders.

3 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Ducasse cost them a 3rd round comp pick.  He is awful.  Makes no sense. And Miller has gotten far worse with Castillo.  

McD needs to make a change at OL coach.  Hopefully Daboll demands a change

Dang ! A Third! Big mistake there.

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I think we will actually need a few of those seasons to actually get better...only way to infuse blue chip players at the top of the draft- just like ‘84 & ‘85 Bills.

No, talent can be found throughout the draft and free agency, the key is getting the right ones. 

we need to win and keep winning.

1989 Cowboys? Well, there is one comparison that comes to mind. That team had two rookie QBs, Aikman and Steve Walsh. (OK, we have one rookie in Allen and one 2nd year guy in Peterman.)  Walsh surprisingly looked better, more ready, in the preseason and at the start of the year. He was better at reading defenses and adjusting to the speed of the NFL game. Before too long, however, Aikman passed him as everyone expected. Peterman = Walsh. Is Allen Aikman? This would definitely not be a bad thing. Now we just need to deal McCoy for a package similar to what the Cowboys got for Herschel Walker.

4 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

These are great

preseason week 1:

Wow we look great 

presason week 2:

josh Allen is a franchise QB

preseason week 3:

HOLY **** WE ARE ALL DOOMED

So true!!  This sums up each week exactly.  So now what? What happens next week and more importantly Week 1?  Can we pull it together?  I need the answers now,  please!!?

4 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

These are great

preseason week 1:

Wow we look great 

presason week 2:

josh Allen is a franchise QB

preseason week 3:

HOLY **** WE ARE ALL DOOMED

More like 

Week 1 Football is back

Week 2 Is CLE’s DLine that good?

Week 3 nope it’s our OL

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Dang ! A Third! Big mistake there.

No, talent can be found throughout the draft and free agency, the key is getting the right ones. 

we need to win and keep winning.

I hear ya....just saying I won’t be mad if we bottom out

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Or the 2001 Buffalo Bills. 

gotta say my temperament leans more towards this view...

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I hear ya....just saying I won’t be mad if we bottom out

but it looked so wonderful heading into the dress rehearsal preseason #3 game...

13 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

That's worked so well for the Browns recently hasn't it?  OTOH, teams like Philly, Pittsburgh, KC, Atlanta, and even Baltimore, Carolina, Denver, Cinci etc, not to mention NE, seem to draft middle or low in the draft every year and still manage to find quality players.  To rephrase "it ain't the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog", it's not where you draft, it's who you draft. 

Unfortunately, in the modern NFL, it's not even who you draft but how you manage your personnel so that you can keep as many of the good players you do draft as possible past their rookie contracts.  The Bills have been masters at f'ing that up for the last 20 years ... and McDermott and Beane seem to be even more clueless about that their predecessors. 

• Like (+1) 1