Why did Beane sign star lotulelei

bills11

Run defense has looked weak. Both lines - OL & DL - have. I almost had forgotten about that magical signing. With the amount of money he got it'd better show come game #1. He better take on as many blockers as he takes space on the salary cap.

17 minutes ago, bills11 said:

I honestly havent seen anything from other than being pushed back..he was pushed around by the bengals today

I’m tired of beating this dead horse. I’ve been on the record many times against this signing. No so much on the player himself because he fit a need and everyone  knew he was signing here anyway, but because of the ridiculous amount of money he received. Even during his best seasons in Carolina  he was not a 10 mil a year player. He’s one dimensional player and he doesn’t even do that well anymore.  I too hope he turns the switch in the opener but I just don’t see it. Just another DT that got paid and now is gonna go thru the motions. His contract will be an albatross in the coming years........ And don’t get me started on Trent Murphy!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They were averaging 1 yard per carry when they were up 20-0.

I didn't like Star to begin with and I hated the contract we gave him, but the run defense was absolutely fine when it mattered today. Vontae Davis was a much larger issue.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

They were averaging 1 yard per carry when they were up 20-0.

I didn't like Star to begin with and I hated the contract we gave him, but the run defense was absolutely fine when it mattered today. Vontae Davis was a much larger issue.

White and Poyer were trash too, pass defense was plain awful . 

But the D looked very vanilla and Davis got burned by the fastest guy in the league, I wouldn't anticipate a repeat performance in regular season. 

Just now, JerseyBills said:

White and Poyer were trash too, pass defense was plain awful . 

But the D looked very vanilla and Davis got burned by the fastest guy in the league, I wouldn't anticipate a repeat performance in regular season. 

White was mostly in position, balls just out of his reach. 

Just now, Big C said:

White was mostly in position, balls just out of his reach. 

He looked a step late to me. The TD was a phenomenal throw but I didn't see White in position . Same with the big gain he gave up to start 2nd half, just a step late.  But it's pre season and part of me is happy the first stringers got whooped, they have 2 weeks to correct the errors

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Go back and take a look at how many rush yards the starting Bengals RB's had....

They killed us because we could not generate a pass rush and their WR's were running wide open.....that is not Star's fault

Of course it is. You dont pay a DT that cannot get off the LOS 10M per year. With no push in the middle Dalton or any QB will have all day to throw. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Of course it is. You dont pay a DT that cannot get off the LOS 10M per year. With no push in the middle Dalton or any QB will have all day to throw. 

I guess my point is I agree with you in what Star is....only that if your going to have a player like that starting (the guy that makes it difficult to run on) then you have to generate your pass rush in other ways.....He gives us what Marcel have us for a lot less