Damn! Mass Shooting at Madden Tournament in Jacksonville!

Chandler#81

31 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'll apologize in saying that post is condescending and arrogant, I just don't think we'll ever agree. Appreciate your thoughts though, don't agree with your assessment of things, I've dealt with it. But when I see this stuff happen, I think of what they went through. So my perspective is a little different. Not saying those of you who have disagreed with me aren't sympathetic, I just look at things from a different lens. 

But leaving that at the door, or just forgetting about that. Isn't me, isn't possible. And I'd feel like a scum bag if I did. As much as we disagree, I hope you can at least understand that. 

And I'll stick by that posters comment was garbage. I'm not backing off that. It makes no sense.

I understand.

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s just classless by the media. That’s what’s embarrassing . They could wash it out in the photo or something. That’s todays media for you though. As for the shooting, it’s a shame but that’s the world we live in. Just another d- bag loser. 

Your position is ridiculous.  You want them to photo shop out a Bills logo?  Why?  B/C you already suffer from a typical WNY inferiority complex or what? 

The Bills are a national brand and every jackass and his brother wears NFL crap all the time.

This particular individual was unfortunately mentally ill and decided to kill some people and himself, while wearing Bills stuff. 

It's called reality.  That's how it played out.  Get over it.

No one is drawing a connection between the perp and the Bills as an organization except the people in this thread.  The same who probably would normally talk about how the world is out to get Buffalo, NY.  LOL.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, zow2 said:

Oh jeez, every pic I’ve seen of this murderer he’s wearing Bills gear.  Ugh, not what we need to see as an association to our team.  Sad sad day. 

People were murdered and this is your concern?

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Its also incredibly natural to use a photo of him at another similar event. Bad luck for the bills PR team but really not likely to be associated with the team beyond the next 12-24 hours as it’s already buttoned up more or less

Probably, but again the Bills tournament was something , likely the only thing, that he won.

I don't like seeing him associated with the Bills either, but showing a high school photo (if they had it) doesn't give the viewer a sense of who he is.

When we see photos of lance Armstrong he's usually on a bike.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

There are probably about 8-12 guys in the Madden e-sport that can make a reasonable living at it.

The guy right now most regularly considered the best player in the world is Michael Skimbo and I believe he has made about $130,000-$160,000 or so in the last year.  Maybe only 3 guys have made as much as 3 figures.  Others can make additional funds with sponsored YouTube channels.

Otherwise, the other players are most often those wildly pursuing a dream they are likely never to achieve, sometimes practicing as much as 10 hours every single day.  They give up their possible futures to go after something that has limited dollars, but also that they will age out of being good at by the time they are 26.

Edit:. And I am in no way making any excuses for what happened, but there is usually a lot of smack talk/ chirping that goes on at these tournaments.

8 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Its also incredibly natural to use a photo of him at another similar event. Bad luck for the bills PR team but really not likely to be associated with the team beyond the next 12-24 hours as it’s already buttoned up more or less

Nor would I expect any

I’m fairly certain this ‘no security’ issue will quickly change. It’s evident now that anywhere the public meets for an event requires the presence of trained security. Metal screening will reduce carrying firearms to these events and merely the presence of uniformed Security is an additional deterrent. Legal conceal carry people understand they can’t bring firearms to sporting events/concerts/etc., so the onus must switch to an upgraded event staff.

jmo

58 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m fairly certain this ‘no security’ issue will quickly change. It’s evident now that anywhere the public meets for an event requires the presence of trained security. Metal screening will reduce carrying firearms to these events and merely the presence of uniformed Security is an additional deterrent. Legal conceal carry people understand they can’t bring firearms to sporting events/concerts/etc., so the onus must switch to an upgraded event staff.

jmo

Must is a pretty strong word there. Does every restaurant need an armed guard on patrol? Every bar? Every park? Every hotel? Every etc...? 

It’s just not realistic to have all public spaces secure

50 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Must is a pretty strong word there. Does every restaurant need an armed guard on patrol? Every bar? Every park? Every hotel? Every etc...? 

What do you think?

10 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Horrible. Disturbed young man with access to firearms and a desire to use them to take innocent lives. Why are we, as both Americans and Canadians, seeing this more and more regularly. My honest sense is that in this age  of social media, people are breaking down more and more easily as they are told that they can only be validated through these avenues like Facebook Instagram and Twitter and their followers. It's quite horrible and I hope the powers that be can figure out what can stop this epidemic

We are seeing it more and more but it's occuring less and less.

7 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Lol now you’re insulting my intelligence. Low information blah blah blah. I was merely making an observation about a topic. You really are very fond of hurling insults. Shootings happen everyday. It’s sad but true. The topic mentioned what the shooter was wearing. I made a comment about it. That’s it. No statement about victims etc was made. I don’t care if that offended you. I just don’t. You’re filling in blanks with a lot of nonsense and snap judgements. 

I'd ignore his meltdown. He's not worth the time.

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Yea it is. And you're doing what people do when they know they are wrong. You've realized it, it's cool. I know admitting being wrong is hard for some people, even to faceless internet people.

6 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Not trying to impose anything or lobby for the admins to delete the thread. I absolutely support people putting their idiocy on full display.

Y'all white knighting, self virtue and crusade on this is misdirected on a football board.  I admire the passion but few will engage the topics you present on a football board.  Please, consider that, try PPP, and have a nice day.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

For the Bills/Jags game there were cops all over the venue down at this place.  There was also a Mexican Christmas thing going on with a couple thousand there.

11 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Unless the Bills PR/Twitter team comes out with a "RIP David" tweet using the same photo, I wouldn't concern my self with it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Probably, but again the Bills tournament was something , likely the only thing, that he won.

I don't like seeing him associated with the Bills either, but showing a high school photo (if they had it) doesn't give the viewer a sense of who he is.

When we see photos of lance Armstrong he's usually on a bike.

That picture is probably the only thing out there that shows he has won one of these things before.  From that, you can probably get a better understanding for why he might be angry about losing this time around.  Obviously that doesn't justify anything he did, but it does help to provide some important details on his background.  If people truly want to understand why things like this happened, that picture helps.

I haven't gone too in depth on the coverage of this thing, but nothing I've seen/heard is focusing even for a second on what logo he was wearing in a picture from last year.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, shrader said:

That picture is probably the only thing out there that shows he has won one of these things before.  From that, you can probably get a better understanding for why he might be angry about losing this time around.  Obviously that doesn't justify anything he did, but it does help to provide some important details on his background.  If people truly want to understand why things like this happened, that picture helps.

I haven't gone too in depth on the coverage of this thing, but nothing I've seen/heard is focusing even for a second on what logo he was wearing in a picture from last year.

Shrader, I can't remember where the video snippet is, maybe from Daily mail uk, but the Madden commentator Ryan "RG" Glick who works for EA and comments on most of these big tournaments was talking abou "Bread" the name of the shooter a few tournaments back.

Glick said he is supremely focused and you can't pull much out of him.  That he doesn't want to necessarily talk or make friends, he is just there to complete.

I'll try and find it before posting this...

yes, the first video down, from Dailymail.co.uk:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6100355/Four-dead-10-injured-mass-shooting-Florida-Madden-online-gaming-tournament.html

EDIT:  jeepers, for the first time I'm seeing that it rolls into a Tasker interview of the kid.

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Shrader, I can't remember where the video snippet is, maybe from Daily mail uk, but the Madden commentator Ryan "RG" Glick who works for EA and comments on most of these big tournaments was talking abou "Bread" the name of the shooter a few tournaments back.

Glick said he is supremely focused and you can't pull much out of him.  That he doesn't want to necessarily talk or make friends, he is just there to complete.

I'll try and find it before posting this...

yes, the first video down, from Dailymail.co.uk:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6100355/Four-dead-10-injured-mass-shooting-Florida-Madden-online-gaming-tournament.html

EDIT:  jeepers, for the first time I'm seeing that it rolls into a Tasker interview of the kid.

I'd imagine that clip is being used by just about everyone covering this story.  I know I heard pieces of it multiple times this morning.  It sure does tell you a lot about him.  He's not connecting with the other players in any way.  Hindsight, I know, but it does fit really well with what he wound up doing.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'd imagine that clip is being used by just about everyone covering this story.  I know I heard pieces of it multiple times this morning.  It sure does tell you a lot about him.  He's not connecting with the other players in any way.  Hindsight, I know, but it does fit really well with what he wound up doing.

Shrader, I know this is upsetting to some, maybe more to others.  Please put me in the maybe more to others category.  I am a gaming geezer who, although I don't have a lot of time for it anymore, still follows gaming and still loves Madden.  I also watch the Madden tournaments online and on TV.

I knew who Trueboy was and I knew who SpotMe was...and unfortunately, I knew who Bread was.

This...is truly horrible.  On so many levels for me.  Not at all for purposes of comparison to what their friends, families and unfortunately in Robertson's case, son, are now going through.

RIP, TB and SM.

Bread...capital "J" judging you is truly above my pay grade.  What ever you had going wrong mentally I can't speak of and it is for a greater power than us here to decide on your eternal fate.

19 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Only for stupid people who want to make excuses for the real issue.  A football video game is the reason for a mass shooting!!! How insane are some people.

Yup, keep praying to God and doing nothing to change things!

Obviously because video games are the problem! Duh!

this is seriously your immediate reaction that you can't help but post?

7 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

There are probably about 8-12 guys in the Madden e-sport that can make a reasonable living at it.

The guy right now most regularly considered the best player in the world is Michael Skimbo and I believe he has made about $130,000-$160,000 or so in the last year.  Maybe only 3 guys have made as much as 3 figures.  Others can make additional funds with sponsored YouTube channels.

Otherwise, the other players are most often those wildly pursuing a dream they are likely never to achieve, sometimes practicing as much as 10 hours every single day.  They give up their possible futures to go after something that has limited dollars, but also that they will age out of being good at by the time they are 26.

Edit:. And I am in no way making any excuses for what happened, but there is usually a lot of smack talk/ chirping that goes on at these tournaments.

True. This is what had my Brother worried.  Is there a ceiling?

My nephew is like that with Call of Duty, 1st person shooters. Been doing gaming on YouTube since 15, now 23.  I am not saying, but makes $$$$... Over 6 figures... Not sure what he will do as he ages and he appears older to the teenage crowd he mainly hawks himself too... But has over a million subscribers now.  Maybe keep the brand going with merch, the showmanship?  OR... Work in the gaming industry... They already utilize him to play the games first, send him places, etc...

But... Guys like this will have a bunch of cash... All they know is work, they will stay on feet as entrepreneurs.

My nephew in Buffalo:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCi-dlFETsFvri0zSx8zu-iQ

• Like (+1) 1