Damn! Mass Shooting at Madden Tournament in Jacksonville!

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

Like I said, I don't think it will, but I don't think you have enough information to doubt that people are upset this happened. People are just trying to discuss the impact to the Bills on a Bills message board.

Yup and as ODB said that’s tasteless and really disappointing. But go ahead and worry bout the brand while 2 guys are getting buried.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

You’ve said many dumb things. Hurling insults is the sign of a low information individual. No need to start insulting people. I didn’t make any point to defend. Just an observation. You filled in blanks as you saw fit. I said nothing of the sort which you inferred. 

I mean except I never said anything low information about you. You took a post responding to someone else and acted as though it was in response to yours. That bigger man act didn't last long.

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Because I find it ironic. A low information voter is someone who'd associate the Bills with the shooter because he won a tournament to represent them in a tournament and was wearing the jersey.

That's classic low information evaluation, see person in Bills jersey, blame Bills. Rather than it was just random and who cares about his NFL team. 

I'll say your sarcasm isn't very endearing. You're being sarcastic about the wrong ****. You're belittling what others are going through.

I haven't said anything political. Only this place can make empathy and sympathy out to be terrible characteristics. 

Thou protest this thread too much.  Maybe it bothers you there are Bills logos plastered all over the place and you're telling yourself you have to not be worried about that.  Sure seems like it is bothering you more than me?

Anyway, that's not low information evaluation. That's what low information people do. Duh! Yeah... I am belittling low information people. Low information voters is another topic for another thread.

Who makes you the arbiter on deciding what proper empathy and sympathy should be?  This thread is not about that.

I mean get a grip.  If thread pisses you off, then move on.  You can't force feed the world your vision of what "human" means to you.  Go to the prayers and thoughts thread.

And you probably know me... I ain't exactly an unsympathetic person... I just don't get butt hurt over things I can't control.  Sorry this thread hurts your feelings, it's Bills related.  Move on.  Sorry it seems callous to you.

I mean no disrespect to the dead, the victims.  Turn it off, look away from the thread if it offends you.

14 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Yup and as ODB said that’s tasteless and really disappointing. But go ahead and worry bout the brand while 2 guys are getting buried.

A guy named "Ol Dirty B" says something is tasteless and he's disappointed.  I find that ironic.  Not that it matters though.  Yeah, I let down the human race for disappointing ODB.  

You gotta be kidding!

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Thou protest this thread too much.  Maybe it bothers you there are Bills logos plastered all over the place and you're telling yourself you have to not be worried about that.  Sure seems like it is bothering you more than me?

Anyway, that's not low information evaluation. That's what low information people do. Duh! Yeah... I am belittling low information people. Low information voters is another topic for another thread.

Who makes you the arbiter on deciding what proper empathy and sympathy should be?  This thread is not about that.

I mean get a grip.  If thread pisses you off, then move on.  You can't force feed the world your vision of what "human" means to you.  Go to the prayers and thoughts thread.

And you probably know me... I ain't exactly an unsympathetic person... I just don't get butt hurt over things I can't control.  Sorry this thread hurts your feelings, it's Bills related.  Move on.  Sorry it seems callous to you.

I mean no disrespect to the dead, the victims.  Turn it off, look away from the thread if it offends you.

Who needs to get a grip? Turning a fatal shooting into a blame the fake news media thread and spouting your favorite trumpisms doesn’t SEEM callous, it IS callous. Wanna cry about people coming into the tread and pointing out how absolutely out of touch and scumbaggy it is to ponder about the brand impact on the day of the shooting? Sorry but no I am not going to “just not read” the thread.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wasn't this thread created because a stock photo of him exists in a Bills jersey? I feel like I've said multiple times I don't care. I find that completely irrelevant and would have never know until I saw this thread.

I've said multiple times I don't care about him in a Bills jersey, but despite saying that, you're going to try to flip that into me caring about that too much? I don't get that one at all. But ok.

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

A guy named "Ol Dirty B" says something is tasteless and he's disappointed.  I find that ironic.  Not that it matters though.  Yeah, I let down the human race for disappointing ODB.  

You gotta be kidding!

Who cares what his screenname is? Nice strawman. Again someone else with an opinion that can’t defend it without sounding like a clueless psychopath.

6 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Who needs to get a grip? Turning a fatal shooting into a blame the fake news media thread and spouting your favorite trumpisms doesn’t SEEM callous, it IS callous. Wanna cry about people coming into the tread and pointing out how absolutely out of touch and scumbaggy it is to ponder about the brand impact on the day of the shooting? Sorry but no I am not going to “just not read” the thread.

Do you know me?  Go visit PPP... I am one of the board's bleeding heart libs. Fake news?

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Who cares what his screenname is? Nice strawman. Again someone else with an opinion that can’t defend it without sounding like a clueless psychopath.

Not a strawman.  I supposedly disappointed him.  I offended you & him.  His name is important in the discussion.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Do you know me?  Go visit PPP... I am one of the board's bleeding heart libs. Fake news?

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You gotta be kidding!

My username is a joke. I didn't know I had to make it a certain way to validate my posts.

And you're the one talking about low information people. You're a parody.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

One of the first things said in this thread was “well shucks why couldn’t the news media blur out the logo; i don’t like how this looks for the team.” 

Not saying you are guilty of that specific opinion, but again this entire thread is in bad taste.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

My username is a joke. I didn't know I had to make it a certain way to validate my posts.

And you're the one talking about low information people. You're a parody.

This thread is a joke.

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

One of the first things said in this thread was “well shucks why couldn’t the news media blur out the logo; i don’t like how this looks for the team.” 

Not saying you are guilty of that specific opinion, but again this entire thread is in bad taste.

It's in bad taste... You can't stomp your feet and make it go away.  It's Bills related.  Agree to disagree... Not impose your moral will.

This thread is a joke.

Yea it is. And you're doing what people do when they know they are wrong. You've realized it, it's cool. I know admitting being wrong is hard for some people, even to faceless internet people.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

This thread is a joke.

It's in bad taste... You can't stomp your feet and make it go away.  It's Bills related.  Agree to disagree... Not impose your moral will.

Not trying to impose anything or lobby for the admins to delete the thread. I absolutely support people putting their idiocy on full display.

• Haha (+1) 1

Exactly my point. Who sees that and thinks that. Then starts talking about PR.

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

Yea it is. And you're doing what people do when they know they are wrong. You've realized it, it's cool. I know admitting being wrong is hard for some people, even to faceless internet people.

It's not faceless, I have been here almost 20 years... People know who I am, who I met... Etc...

I was wrong for offending you (and maybe others).  I will do again.  Your type is very easily offended.

Not trying to impose anything or lobby for the admins to delete the thread. I absolutely support people putting their idiocy on full display.

Yeah... But somebody else is:

"Can we delete this thread? I think it'd be the best thing for a lot of you. This is some of the worst trash I've read in awhile."

It's not faceless, I have been here almost 20 years... People know who I am, who I met... Etc...

I was wrong for offending you (and maybe others).  I will do again.  Your type is very easily offended.

Lol what are you talking about? The only post I was offended by was another guy who said kids need to realize life isn't call of duty, you only get one or some ****. 

Only post I was offended by, the rest I'll qualify as stupid. Only reason I took offense to it is because 5 years ago in Rochester a guy pulled some mass shooting ****. Set a fire, then started picking off first responders. I knew a kid, 19 years old, was his night on call and was murdered by some lunatic on Christmas eve. So I'm happy **** like this never touched you, but that joke was terrible. Only thing that offended me in this thread. That kid only wanted to help people and got capped. Those kids wanted to play a game and got murdered, the murdered in these situations never treat life like a video game.

Only thing that offended me, your posts just trended stupid.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Lol what are you talking about? The only post I was offended by was another guy who said kids need to realize life isn't call of duty, you only get one or some ****. 

Only post I was offended by, the rest I'll qualify as stupid. Only reason I took offense to it is because 5 years ago in Rochester a guy pulled some mass shooting ****. Set a fire, then started picking off first responders. I knew a kid, 19 years old, was his night on call and was murdered by some lunatic on Christmas eve. So I'm happy **** like this never touched you, but that joke was terrible. Only thing that offended me in this thread. That kid only wanted to help people and got capped. Those kids wanted to play a game and got murdered, the murdered in these situations never treat life like a video game.

Only thing that offended me, your posts just trended stupid.

I kinda figured there was something deeper, emotionally driven.

I am glad I never had to deal with your pain.  But you have to unpack it and leave it at the door. 

Word up on the wisdom:

Don’t Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I kinda figured there was something deeper, emotionally driven.

I am glad I never had to deal with your pain.  But you have to unpack it and leave it at the door. 

Word up on the wisdom:

Don’t Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.

I honestly find this post condescending and arrogant. I'm really done with this thread now, now I will say you offended me. But whatever, I don't see anything wrong with it on my end. 

I see this happen and I think of his brothers, parents, family crying at the funeral. So yea, when something like this happens I think of the victim and family. Bills PR has nothing to do with it, and saying unpack it at the door and telling people how to deal with it.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I honestly find this post condescending and arrogant. I'm really done with this thread now, now I will say you offended me. But whatever, I don't see anything wrong with it on my end. 

Really... Not condescending.  You really do have to unpack your personal pain.  The poster's comment about video games is a projection of their own reality.  It caused you pain seeing what you went through.  You took it personal.  You can't control what other's say or do.  End your suffering in this thread. If it gives you a sense of control, yes, it is best to leave this thread.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Really... Not condescending.  You really do have to unpack your personal pain.  The poster's comment about video games is a projection of their own reality.  It caused you pain seeing what you went through.  You took it personal.  You can't control what other's say or do.  End your suffering in this thread. If it gives you a sense of control, yes, it is best to leave this thread.

I'll apologize in saying that post is condescending and arrogant, I just don't think we'll ever agree. Appreciate your thoughts though, don't agree with your assessment of things, I've dealt with it. But when I see this stuff happen, I think of what they went through. So my perspective is a little different. Not saying those of you who have disagreed with me aren't sympathetic, I just look at things from a different lens. 

But leaving that at the door, or just forgetting about that. Isn't me, isn't possible. And I'd feel like a scum bag if I did. As much as we disagree, I hope you can at least understand that. 

And I'll stick by that posters comment was garbage. I'm not backing off that. It makes no sense.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

You think some whacko holding a Bills jersey could be a “foreboding” of things to come?

Sack up young man.

I was just thinking how occasionally ironic things happen with this franchise as I’ve followed them since the 60’s ( so I’m not a “ young man”lol ).  Probably the most anticipated preseason game in years for the franchise and a day I am sure many of us were hoping for signs of a bright future , yet it ends up as a day where the team performs terribly and has the crazy unfortunate luck of having their logo being associated with a terribly sad event on that same day. I was just being tounge in cheek about that foreboding anything for the season, but you have to admit this franchise has had some crazy associations / history over the years ( see OJ whose signed jersey I won in a formal nfl auction at supebowl 27 only to see him driving in the bronco the day I was hanging his jersey up in my office. So much for that investment! ). Obviously the franchise has nothing to do with the actions of a sad young man , but it’s crazy that the ONLY pic available shows the guy holding up a BILLS jersey! You have to admit that sometimes there have been unexpected events ( losing 4 straight SB s as an example ) that we have all shaken our heads at as we have loved the franchise Over many years. It’s ironic how such an amazingly loyal fanbase keeps experiencing such awful luck at times.  I love the people on here and that I’ve been lucky to meet over the years because of being a Bills fan and I really hope JA turns out being the QB who brings the Lombardi home.  You have to admit tho the day was certainly a letdown and then the jersey thing just piled on!  I mean what are the odds of such a tragic event happening on the same day we were hoping to be associated with glimpses of a bright future for the franchise and then the logo gets flashed across the country associated however passively with a mentally ill person. That is Bills type luck ! ?