Damn! Mass Shooting at Madden Tournament in Jacksonville!

Chandler#81

I dont know enough about the madden tournament rules, but I dont think he was solely "representing" Buffalo as someone else pointed out. I watched the intverview with him from last year, and the finals were "BUF V BUF" between the players, and it was hosted in Buffalo. I think that is why there is a lot of Bills gear, including a photo with the Bills mascot.

8 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

I dont know enough about the madden tournament rules, but I dont think he was solely "representing" Buffalo as someone else pointed out. I watched the intverview with him from last year, and the finals were "BUF V BUF" between the players, and it was hosted in Buffalo. I think that is why there is a lot of Bills gear, including a photo with the Bills mascot.

Not all Madden tournaments are the same, but there was/is a madden tournament wherein throughout the year each team would host a tournament and would have the winner be their champion that competed against all the other clubs.  I almost went to the buffalo tournament to watch.

I follow madden, and after he became the Bills champion he was a surprise winner in the first round of the team championship before getting knocked out in the round of 16.  I remember seeing it on Madden America on the NFL week.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Just gonna say this.  It really ain't bad.  Just in the gang infested areas.  But, when it does spill over to the Mag Mile and Michigan Avenue, just like in 1930s... Then something will be done.  Gun nuts won't like it... Going back to stricter regs, this time on manufacturing.  Manufacturing, technology, getting many more weapons to market faster is light years ahead of the 1930s...

I did day certain parts of Chicago.People might think we slaughter human beings here in Cheektowaga on a daily basis after they dabble into BN articles...but we both know that 90%,or so,of the homicides are committed in the 'hoods of East Buffalo and the West Side (including Blackrock).We could get the names of Bonnie and Clyde wrapped up into this conversation if you want to? Murders happen,read the bible...Jesus Christ was murdered for example and tomorrow morning somebody across this nation is going to wake up on the wrong side of the bed....and they will kill a human being or two or three..just like the guy did last week out in Colorado. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I did day certain parts of Chicago.People might think we slaughter human beings here in Cheektowaga on a daily basis after they dabble into BN articles...but we both know that 90%,or so,of the homicides are committed in the 'hoods of East Buffalo and the West Side (including Blackrock).We could get the names of Bonnie and Clyde wrapped up into this conversation if you want to? Murders happen,read the bible...Jesus Christ was murdered for example and tomorrow morning somebody across this nation is going to wake up on the wrong side of the bed....and they will kill a human being or two or three..just like the guy did last week out in Colorado. 

But when it spills over randomly into where people shop, eat, look out.

Problem with Chicago is there is no "buffer zone" like other urban areas. I go from corn & soyfields to urban jungle in minutes.  This is where blue/red clash... Even in city limits!  Legal hunting is allowed in certain parts of the city limits.  Culture clash between rural/urban.  Couple that it borders on predominantly rural, red state, Indiana... Guns don't have borders between suburbs, rural downstate, and other states... Culturally different areas that are so close together.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Horrible. Disturbed young man with access to firearms and a desire to use them to take innocent lives. Why are we, as both Americans and Canadians, seeing this more and more regularly. My honest sense is that in this age  of social media, people are breaking down more and more easily as they are told that they can only be validated through these avenues like Facebook Instagram and Twitter and their followers. It's quite horrible and I hope the powers that be can figure out what can stop this epidemic

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I guess maybe since it was the only  thing he ever achieved it may have been the only photo quickly available.

you can see the tracing laser on the innocent young man before the shots are fired.

just simply and completely terrible.

Its also incredibly natural to use a photo of him at another similar event. Bad luck for the bills PR team but really not likely to be associated with the team beyond the next 12-24 hours as it’s already buttoned up more or less

1 minute ago, Captain Murica said:

Just an FYI there wasn't any security present at this tourney. 

Nor would I expect any

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Horrible. Disturbed young man with access to firearms and a desire to use them to take innocent lives. Why are we, as both Americans and Canadians, seeing this more and more regularly. My honest sense is that in this age  of social media, people are breaking down more and more easily as they are told that they can only be validated through these avenues like Facebook Instagram and Twitter and their followers. It's quite horrible and I hope the powers that be can figure out what can stop this epidemic

ah yes. classic deflection. blame social media, or music...maybe movies. hell, it wasn't too long ago we (as a society) were burning books.

haha yea....those are the REAL issues.

Newsflash, shootings like this were just as frequent prior to the advent of social media. the difference, now we're hearing about them, and we hear about them in minutes.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But when it spills over randomly into where people shop, eat, look out.

Problem with Chicago is there is no "buffer zone" like other urban areas. I go from corn & soyfields to urban jungle in minutes.  This is where blue/red clash... Even in city limits!  Legal hunting is allowed in certain parts of the city limits.  Culture clash between rural/urban.  Couple that it borders on predominantly rural, red state, Indiana... Guns don't have borders between suburbs, rural downstate, and other states.

You're drifting off into a firearm debate now..that's a signal for me to bow out of the conversation since I legally and lawfully carry.I thought the issue was heading down the road of mental illness and society breakdowns.Let's face facts...inner cities,for the most part are filled with the bottom dwellers,the poor,the uneducated,the hungry..blah,blah blah.It's a recycled group.......mom gets laid by a "john" to support her drug habit,the kids rely on school breakfasts and lunches to survive.....mommy gets laid again from a stranger....she wants another baby..the addition of the child allows mommy to gain more social services aids ...mommy meets another dude..dude sells.mommy and the kids get shot to death in the front porch..because "dude" didn't pay up for his last meth deal.It's all old ****.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Its also incredibly natural to use a photo of him at another similar event. Bad luck for the bills PR team but really not likely to be associated with the team beyond the next 12-24 hours as it’s already buttoned up more or less

Nor would I expect any

Why? Let's not be foolish now, are you thinking that this tournament involving only"madden nerds" that it is unnecessary for security personnel to be present? I mean, look what has happened in this country recently. Anyone that plays on-line games knows some cheese doodle stained fingered introvert will rage out at any moment and call you an assortment of insults, varying from racial slurs, wishing death upon your kin, and basically any form of personal insult they're willing to conjure up in their twisted little minds.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

You're drifting off into a firearm debate now..that's a signal for me to bow out of the conversation since I legally and lawfully carry.I thought the issue was heading down the road of mental illness and society breakdowns.Let's face facts...inner cities,for the most part are filled with the bottom dwellers,the poor,the uneducated,the hungry..blah,blah blah.It's a recycled group.......mom gets laid by a "john" to support her drug habit,the kids rely on school breakfasts and lunches to survive.....mommy gets laid again from a stranger....she wants another baby..the addition of the child allows mommy to gain more social services aids ...mommy meets another dude..dude sells.mommy and the kids get shot to death in the front porch..because "dude" didn't pay up for his last meth deal.It's all old ****.

I agree.  Sorry for drifting.  It does fit together. Now, mix in 3 million peeps, 10 if You count WI-IL-IN Tristate area... Is there a bigger area in the country with more red/blue cultural clash, no buffer zone?

Always been that way.  Why guys like Capone set up in an area like this.

Now... It's drugs and mental illness...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Seems to be the majority in many rural areas too.

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Seems to be the majority in many rural areas too.

Yeah... But there is more skin in the game there.  Part of a national identity that breeds less contempt. Drugs, addiction are the problem.

Just saying... FWIW... We are getting "bluer" and even from me, that's NOT a good thing culturally.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Probably why the Bills crapped the bed today.  Think the players knew.  What crappy thing to happen to team.  Why couldn't it have been swirling around the Cheater's logo.  We do everything right, they cheat... They deserve the bad PR.

This is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen posted here. And that says a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... But there is more skin in the game there.  Part of a national identity that breeds less contempt. Drugs, addiction are the problem.

Just saying... FWIW... We are getting "bluer" and even from me, that's NOT a good thing culturally.

Nope...it's pretty much a disaster.