Damn! Mass Shooting at Madden Tournament in Jacksonville!

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Only for stupid people who want to make excuses for the real issue.  A football video game is the reason for a mass shooting!!! How insane are some people.

Yup, keep praying to God and doing nothing to change things!

Obviously because video games are the problem! Duh!

What is the real issue?

I counted 12 rounds....that was one of the most horrifying things I have ever heard......I just can't fathom wanting to kill or harm another human being. 

My dad talked to me a lot about his WWII experience and how hard it was to harm another human being -- even though he was in a kill or be killed situation.  

I just can't understand wanting to harm someone who is not threatening you in any way.  Human emotion and intellect is fragile, however, this anger trigger; this mental anguish; this mental illness affliction is something we need to get better at diagnosing and assessing.  We spend so much on cancer research...and it's warranted...I hope our focus begins to treat mental illness in the same vein.

God bless us all. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

People question the Bible, oh it's just an ancient myth blah blah blah. Let me say this, if this doesn't prove the existence of Satan and his demons, I don't know what does. It's not all mental health impairments, there is a spiritual battle going on inside these shooters. I'm praying for all those who are involved.

I very much disagree with this. Not getting into the Mental Illness thing but people bare the weight of their actions.

• Like (+1) 1

One more very minor (in the big picture) thing. The telecast of the game is probably in danger for me, due to this shooting. I understand as I worked in local TV for many years. The news coverage of the shooting HAS to  take preference. Guess I'm searching for a stream.

Just now, The Dean said:

One more very minor (in the big picture) thing. The telecast of the game is probably in danger for me, due to this shooting. I understand as I worked in local TV for many years. The news coverage of the shooting HAS to  take preference. Guess I'm searching for a stream.

If I can watch it in Wyoming there is bound to be a steam of it somewhere.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not going to derail this thread but it’s a combination of issues.  Access to guns and mental illness are probably the top ones.  

But thoughts and prayers are the real answers.  

Yeah, I’d put criminals at the top of the list.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Why?  There will be another next week, and the week after that, and the week after that.

And sadly, you’re right.  This will be forgotten about tomorrow.  This is the reality our country has accepted.  

Thoughts and prayers.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I very much disagree with this. Not getting into the Mental Illness thing but people bare the weight of their actions.

I've been in the mental hospital before, I've seen people who knew things about me that I have not told anyone, things that science cannot explain. When I see babies being drowned in bathtubs or people going on massacres I 100% believe that person is possessed by demons, these tragedies are the work of evil.

Edited by NewDayBills

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah, I’d put criminals at the top of the list.

Obviously, we don’t know this shooter.  But you do realize that the majority of mass shooters don’t have criminal records, right?

or most of the school shootings are occurring in neighborhoods that aren’t Chicago right?  

11 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

This is terrible no doubt but our country is still great.  Young adolescents who have trouble dealing with emotions or competition doesn't mean the whole country is out of control.  

I belive its its a cultural problem myself but I won't launch into that. Not enough help for boys and men in this over feminized culture.  Terrible day.  

Pretty much this. When parents or anyone else for that matter can’t hold their children accountable for their actions this is what happens. Back in the day when trophies weren’t awarded last place and everyone got a participation trophy that was just as glamorous as the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place prize. Nobody wants to work for what they have. Nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions. And we are now becoming sissified 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

So it looks like I'm going to miss seeing this game as I now have to listen to empty-headed, speculating, know-nothing, talking heads.  Gggrrr!

They will NOT have any new info until the Mayor and/or Cops hold a presser.

Nationally televised game, you should be able to find plenty of streams.