John McCain passes

PromoTheRobot

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Move this **** to the politics forum please. 

One wouldn't think that wasn't necessary.  It is.  But one would think it wouldn't need to be.  Sad.

RIP, Mr. McCain

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Move this **** to the politics forum please. 

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

One wouldn't think that wasn't necessary.  It is.  But one would think it wouldn't need to be.  Sad.

RIP, Mr. McCain

There is an ongoing thread over at PPP which is where I recommend the PastaJoe's and Buftex's to take their anti-Trump nonsense or Dante take his globalist hawk rhetoric.

Pay your condolences here if you'd like.  But take the political talk to PPP please

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, row_33 said:

Burial at the US Naval Academy

RIP

His dad and grandfather are both buried in Arlington - both made Admiral.  John Sr. was a very successful admiral in WWII - commanded all allied land-based air power in the South Pacific, was Deputy CNO (Air) for a time, swapped Fast Carrier Task Force command off and on with Mitscher.  John Jr. was a successful sub commander during the war, and was awarded Silver and Bronze stars.

John III was actually the least successful "John S. McCain."

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

His dad and grandfather are both buried in Arlington - both made Admiral.  John Sr. was a very successful admiral in WWII - commanded all allied land-based air power in the South Pacific, was Deputy CNO (Air) for a time, swapped Fast Carrier Task Force command off and on with Mitscher.  John Jr. was a successful sub commander during the war, and was awarded Silver and Bronze stars.

You are cutting his dad way short.

He was CINCPACFLT, which means Commander in Chief, Pacific Fleet, the largest US fleet

Way beyond being a "sub commander."

He was CINCPACFLT during his son's POW time.

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

You are cutting his dad way short.

He was CINCPACFLT, which means Commander in Chief, Pacific Fleet, the largest US fleet

Way beyond being a "sub commander."

He was CINCPACFLT during his son's POW time.

I know...but I'm still most impressed by his wartime record.  The military historian in me...

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

There is an ongoing thread over at PPP which is where I recommend the PastaJoe's and Buftex's to take their anti-Trump nonsense or Dante take his globalist hawk rhetoric.

Pay your condolences here if you'd like.  But take the political talk to PPP please

You seem oblivious to McCain and his family’s justified dislike for Trump.

18 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

The family has asked GW Bush and Obama to deliver eulogies. Probably his wish to show unity to the nation, and a last poke at Trump.

He was actually friends with both of them and respected both of them.  Not a poke for he never was friends with the US Czar nor respected him.

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

That **** doesn’t belong here, dude.  Start a McCain hate thread in PPP if you’re going to be a classless jerk.

Are you clueless, my statement was in support of McCain’s decision to include the former presidents, and exclude the man who said he wasn’t a hero.  The classless people are those who still support Trump after his classless statement, and now offer thoughts and prayers.

Two Republicans familiar with the planning said that Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama have been asked to offer eulogies at his funeral. Under initial plans for Mr. McCain’s funeral, Vice President Mike Pence was to attend, but not President Trump, who clashed repeatedly with Mr. McCain.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/25/us/politics/john-mccain-funeral.html

1 hour ago, PastaJoe said:

Are you clueless, my statement was in support of McCain’s decision to include the former presidents, and exclude the man who said he wasn’t a hero.  The classless people are those who still support Trump after his classless statement, and now offer thoughts and prayers.

Two Republicans familiar with the planning said that Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama have been asked to offer eulogies at his funeral. Under initial plans for Mr. McCain’s funeral, Vice President Mike Pence was to attend, but not President Trump, who clashed repeatedly with Mr. McCain.”

Take it to PPP.    No one needs to hear your anti trump crusades on the main board. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PastaJoe said:

Go to PPP

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If anyone insulted me continuously I’d request that they not attend my funeral and let everyone know it.  

Thats no politics but human nature. 

It ain't looking so good for a certain somebody... By the way it's going, nobody will be at his funeral.  Just saying... 

Anyway. My condolences.  RIP.