John McCain passes

PromoTheRobot

18 hours ago, sherpa said:

You are cutting his dad way short.

He was CINCPACFLT, which means Commander in Chief, Pacific Fleet, the largest US fleet

Way beyond being a "sub commander."

He was CINCPACFLT during his son's POW time.

How long did it take for the Vietnamese to realize who they had?  It seems kind of risky to have the son of someone with that high of a rank to be flying in a war.

36 minutes ago, shrader said:

How long did it take for the Vietnamese to realize who they had?  It seems kind of risky to have the son of someone with that high of a rank to be flying in a war.

They knew right away. US TV reported it.

Not too risky. 

This was an entirely Washington based war, so it's not like his dad had any strategic  authority.

Operational yes, but that wouldn't matter.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, shrader said:

If an individual of that legacy wanted to engage in direct combat they would accommodate him unless it was crazy reckless.

Actually, now that I think about it, his dad was Commander in Chief, US Naval Forces Europe when little John was shot down.

And correcting myself, his dad's position was  CINCPAC,  Commander in Chief of all US forces in the Pacific, not just the Navy, and appointed to this position after McCain was shot down.

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Actually, now that I think about it, his dad was Commander in Chief, US Naval Forces Europe when little John was shot down.

And correcting myself, his dad's position was  CINCPAC,  Commander in Chief of all US forces in the Pacific, not just the Navy, and appointed to this position after McCain was shot down.

Jim Morrison's father was a biggie for the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

Jim took a different route for his service....

I like both Jim and John.... somehow....

On 8/25/2018 at 9:09 PM, Buftex said:

Yet you support the biggest douchebag of all.  

As far as I can tell Donald hasn't been very hawkish. In fact the opposite. Cain has always been way too eager to send other people kids to die for no good reason. I've never been to tell if it's just because he was a moron or an operative of the global interests that love to use our military as a hammer. I suspect both.