Josh Allen Start but more interested in Tremaine Edmunds against Bengals

I know that the national media is all excited about JA's first stat but most Bills fans knew even after the first preseason game that he shd be the starter. Especially with the McCarron injury it has become a no brainer (my apologies to NP).

I am more interested in how the other first rounder is doing. Edmunds appeared to improve as the game vs. the Browns went on. So I am quite hopeful today. But I am still wondering if we are wasting him at MLB. His natural instincts are to attack and so he bites on lotsa fakes. I am wondering if the Bills may be better off moving him to SAM and signing Navarro Bowman to man the middle. He could blitz or fall back and that is the choice of the D.C. instead of reaction to a developing play that an MLB shd have.

Edmunds is going to be fine and we are not signing a washed up 30yr old to be our MLB.

When your MLB is slow (Bowman) your whole defense is going to look slow. When Edmunds gets his sea legs - and it won't be long - this defense will look scary fast.

LBs are a concern, IMO.

Lorax slowed way down in the 2nd half of the season and was a glaring weakness. Milano had a great 2nd half of the season for a young guy, but so far has looked lost through two preseason games. And then the 20yr old rookie in the middle. 

Hoping they can pull it together, since I doubt we sign anyone else worthwhile.

I do like Milano and Edmunds going forward, just young right now. 

I don't think the Bills would consider signing Bowman. I think they would rather develop younger players at LB. That being said I would consider signing Bowman if it were up to me. I think Edumonds might have serious growing pains at MLB in his rookie year. It is to be expected and it might benefit the team to have a vet MLB for early running downs and have Edumonds cut his teeth as a passing down player. 

Going to have to live with the growing pains of a 20 year old at MLB.  He will be a star next year.  Milano and Lorax are the weak links.  I would play Hughes at OLB in the base 4-3 and at DE in the nickel.  If PED Murphy ever makes the field and Lawson continues to improve, I would play both of them at DE and move Hughes to OLB in the base 4-3.  A rotation of Hughes, Lorax, Lawson, and Muphy at DE in the nickel would be fine.   Milano or Humber can play the WLB in both.  

• Like (+1) 1

I won’t panic yet about Edmunds. He’s young and green, but I trust the coaches to make him more comfortable out there. Once he can “just play” instead of having to think then play, he should be a wrecking ball sideline to sideline. Just cut down on the missed steps.

I get a kick out of watching him, because you can always find him. Not because of the number on his jersey, or his position on the field, but because he’s THE GREAT BIG ONE. 

All the mistakes so far are on film, you gotta know they’re sitting down with him and watching the tape and the mistakes and misses he’s had. I have zero concern he will adjust, if he has to slow down some on the field while learning he’s still faster than 90% of the linebackers in the league. When it all comes together he should be lights out for a long time 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Edmunds has been horrendous thus far. Better find a way to mask him because he looks lost and afraid of contact right now. Not sure how you cover for the latter, however.

unsure. not afraid of contact. and you cannot play fast till you play confident

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...must be talkin Scotty.....can't be NavarSLOW.....Edmunds will be just fine.......

This is just about Edmunds playing this year.  It’s about bowman helping Edmunds.  It’s about Lorax being too old and slow.  It’s about Milano looking like a little boy out there so far this year.  It’s abojt his locker room presence.  The big picture.  He’d help us 100%

• Like (+1) 1