LeSean McCoy Sued by Ex-Girlfriend Delicia Cordon - Now Making Accusations of Being Physically Abused

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nope! So she and her cousin corroborate the "story" of what the attacker said?  Not evidentiary enough to pass the preponderance burden of proof.  Won't fly in a court of law. 

I don’t think it would either, it’d be chalked up to hearsay

1 hour ago, flomoe said:

Does it say how much money she is looking for since it’s a civil suit?

No a specific dollar amount is not required in the complaint. She’s basically seeking all damages entitled to her under the law, and her attorney’s fees of course.

So her medical bills, lost wages (lol), I suppose the value of property lost (jewelry taken was valued at $130,000(!) I think), and of course pain and suffering, which can be difficult to predict. Very broadly, pain and suffering is usually determined by a factor (somewhere between 3x and 5x) of the actual damages.

• Like (+1) 1

My favorite part of this is:

As such, Cordon's suit argues that McCoy "breached his duty to use ordinary care to protect Plaintiff from dangerous activities being conducted at the Residence."

I didn't know it was his duty to protect somebody living in his house whom he was in the process of evicting.

crazy.

53 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

No a specific dollar amount is not required in the complaint. She’s basically seeking all damages entitled to her under the law, and her attorney’s fees of course.

So her medical bills, lost wages (lol), I suppose the value of property lost (jewelry taken was valued at $130,000(!) I think), and of course pain and suffering, which can be difficult to predict. Very broadly, pain and suffering is usually determined by a factor (somewhere between 3x and 5x) of the actual damages.

So even if they go 5x it would come out to probably 1-1.5 milly

She wants that cheddar

55 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Wrong.  That's a commonly held misconception that hasn't existed for at least the past 15 years.  Also, attorney fees are not compensable damages in the United States unless specifically directed by statute.  You pay your own attorney to file a lawsuit.

What everyone needs to understand is that the Complaint is an essentially meaningless document when it comes down to the actual facts of the case and what will transpire.  It is often overly broad, inflammatory, and nothing close to what is presented as evidence in court.

The next steps in this case will be for Shady's and the other dude's attorneys to file an Answer, and then the process of "discovery" begins.  That's when the schitt hits the fan, because Shady will be deposed as well as the plaintiff.  During those depositions the parties will learn who has the stronger case.

I think gold digger has an uphill battle.  If Shady's baby mama says he has never abused their son (and there is no physical evidence of abuse), and if nobody can produce an assailant, this is about the most frivolous lawsuit I can imagine.

14 hours ago, wppete said:

Did she have a career or job or was she a professional girlfriend? 

Shady is an idiot, spent over $133,000 in jewelry on her???? Idiot. 

Thats why I have no problem with Shady paying.

You SHOULD pay for your stupidity.  Hopefully this teaches him a lesson.

Edit: 

@26CornerBlitz

you like crazy.

you lay with crazy

you pay crazy.

he got himself into this mess, then he should pay to get himself out...don't do it again.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Thats why I have no problem with Shady paying.

You SHOULD pay for your stupidity.  Hopefully this teaches him a lesson.

Edit: 

@26CornerBlitz

you like crazy.

you lay with crazy

you pay crazy.

he got himself into this mess, then he should pay to get himself out...don't do it again.  

He's not civilly liable for damages just because of a frivolous lawsuit. 100% disagree. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's not civilly liable for damages just because of a frivolous lawsuit. 100% disagree. 

I absolutely know that.

he is liable for being stupid, and he has to settle this to shut her up, because even if he wins in court he could end up losing with the NFL if they believe any of this dirty laundry if more of it gets aired.

That's why he has to pay on a frivolous law suit from a nut job he dated.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I absolutely know that.

he is liable for being stupid, and he has to settle this to shut her up, because even if he wins in court he could end up losing with the NFL if they believe any of this dirty laundry if more of it gets aired.

That's why he has to pay on a frivolous law suit from a nut job he dated.

He doesn't have to settle and he shouldn't.  His attorney should move for dismissal. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Very respectfully to you, Alf, for me the only thing that really matters is if the NFL suspends him, which may end up costing the Bills and him more than what a settlement would be.

Shady is in this for the Long haul buddy. 

16 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Very respectfully to you, Alf, for me the only thing that really matters is if the NFL suspends him, which may end up costing the Bills and him more than what a settlement would be.

No grounds for a suspension based on a weak and/or frivolous civil case.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No grounds for a suspension based on a weak and/or frivolous civil case.

I tend to agree that the NFL won't get involved with a she said/he said civil matter. That said, the moment any police report with some evidence substantiating this claim, you never know. The fact her lawyer is getting this going now with nothing from the police makes me think she just wants some $$ and she'll go away. 

27 minutes ago, ALF said:

The only thing that really matters is if they catch the attacker and he implicates Shady.

Even then more evidence would be needed other than a co-defendants statement. It wouldn’t look good for McCoy but it also wouldn’t be the end of the world.

1 minute ago, HansLanda said:

I tend to agree that the NFL won't get involved with a she said/he said civil matter. That said, the moment any police report with some evidence substantiating this claim, you never know. The fact her lawyer is getting this going now with nothing from the police makes me think she just wants some $$ and she'll go away. 

By now I would think the MPD has looked closely at McCoy for any evidence to connect him to the incident.  With no suspect apprehended, there is nothing to substantiate his involvement.  It's a pure money grab that he should fight to have dismissed. 

At this point I tend to believe this woman is nothing but a gold digging female dog. This was her meal ticket and obviously she still wants to eat.

Edited by ddaryl