Cover1 breaks down Allen's last drive against the Panthers

HappyDays

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Poise. That's the word that this brings to mind. 

The TD throw was even more impressive than I thought. He recognized the coverage, froze the CB with a pump fake, and delivered the ball to the best possible spot where his receiver wouldn't get blown up by the safety. McCloud did a really nice job with the route too. And these are rookies in their first ever NFL action...

• Like (+1) 1

He gives you goosebumps sometimes, with the way that ball leaves his hand. That TD I mean he absolutely rifled that ball. Crazy. I'd love to see him with a clean pocket. People are really overlooking his pocket presence. He's got guys tipping the ball out of his hand, guys all over his feet, in his face. Still making plays downfield.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don't think anyone can watch that throw to Lee and honestly say that Allen is inaccurate. Inconsistant? Yes. Not inaccurate. 

I'm not sure what was more impressive the TD to Ray-Ray or the fade throw to Lee? Just gorgeous and refreshing to see a QB making a play and letting his WR make a play as well 1:1 covered.  

Allen and KB might be a match made in heaven with his size and catch radius.

• Like (+1) 3

As always, Cover 1 does an excellent job with this video.

As someone who was an admitted "anyone but Allen!" guy, I can't deny that Josh Allen has absolutely other-worldy talent. Off the charts. The arm might be the strongest we've EVER seen in the NFL, and that's not an exaggeration.

But ya know what I REALLY like about Allen? He's fearless. He has absolutely 0% hesitation in him when he thinks he can make a throw. Now yes, that IS going to get him into trouble at times and cause some frustrating turnovers. But when he's right -- and make no mistake about it, his physical talent allows him to complete throws that he shouldn't even be ATTEMPTING -- it's a sight to behold. You can't teach guts and fearlessness at the QB position. You either have it or you don't. Allen has it.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 14

37 minutes ago, Luka said:

He gives you goosebumps sometimes, with the way that ball leaves his hand. That TD I mean he absolutely rifled that ball. Crazy. I'd love to see him with a clean pocket. People are really overlooking his pocket presence. He's got guys tipping the ball out of his hand, guys all over his feet, in his face. Still making plays downfield.

A  little Ben!!!

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

As someone who was an admitted "anyone but Allen!" guy, I can't deny that Josh Allen has absolutely other-worldy talent. Off the charts. The arm might be the strongest we've EVER seen in the NFL, and that's not an exaggeration.

But ya know what I REALLY like about Allen? He's fearless. He has absolutely 0% hesitation in him when he thinks he can make a throw. Now yes, that IS going to get him into trouble at times and cause some frustrating turnovers. But when he's right -- and make no mistake about it, his physical talent allows him to complete throws that he shouldn't even be ATTEMPTING -- it's a sight to behold. You can't teach guts and fearlessness at the QB position. You either have it or you don't. Allen has it.

Another trait of Big Ben!

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

As someone who was an admitted "anyone but Allen!" guy, I absolutely can't deny that Josh Allen has absolutely otherworldy talent. Off the charts. The arm might be the strongest we've EVER seen in the NFL, and that's not an exaggeration.

100%

Transcendent success

begins with a complete and full disregard for the probability of failure.

Josh Allen took almost every snap as though he truely knew he had the chance to get chunk yardage every play, wherever the ball had to go, you see the confidence he has in knowing he can get it there....Also....I only really remember 1 play where he definitely left the pocket sooner than necessary, he seemed to have full faith that his linemen were going to keep guys off him...at least for the first second or two before the pocket actually broke down. Which I believe is huge. You need to have that trust before you can actually FOCUS on self correction within games and reps...at least IMO

You notice he took the split second to set himself on that free play before he ripped it...something I’m not sure he would’ve done in Wyoming. Maybe I’m just that bias but...I’d like to think the footwork I’m seeing now is noticely different from most of the college film. Again that could just be me.

Edited by GoodHands15

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I don't think anyone can watch that throw to Lee and honestly say that Allen is inaccurate. Inconsistant? Yes. Not inaccurate. 

Its the same thoughts i had when watching his wyoming games. Hes not nearly as inaccurate as he was made out to be.

Besides that, this guy has one of the strongest arms ive ever seen. The way the ball leaves his hand is ridiculous. 

Im a gunslinger type of qb guy. But a controlled gunslinger. They are the most fun to watch imo. 

Edited by BillsSbSoon
  • Like (+1) 2

As someone that was very concerned about his base and footwork coming out of college, I have to say he has come a long way in a short amount of time.  I watched every one of his games this year in college and, while I knew enough that there was unlimited potential there, I didn't want to go that route because I saw just how far he had to go.  I didn't want the project even though I knew in the end he could be the best QB in the draft.

That said, while I haven't been to every single practice, I have seen him practice and have watched his half multiple times against Carolina watching nothing but his footwork at times and I came away surprised how much better his base looked.  And while he still has a ways to go, in my opinion, he is much further along at this point than I thought he could get to since his college season ended.  This shows me the guy works at it and takes coaching well which is very important.  While he will never lead the league in completion percentage, he has the ability to make plays from anywhere on the field.  That's something we haven't seen here in many years.  If the kid keeps working to become more consistent, I think we will all be very happy with the finished product.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Logic said:

This is nice to see people eating crow already after only one half with the 3s. I say this as someone who openly loved that we picked Josh Allen. That arm man. That arm. So I'm glad to see that Bills fans that were against the pick and there were so many of you, it's good to know that at the end of teh day you're still Bills fans ands will root for this guy who may frustrate you one moment, and then amaze you the next. That arm man. That arm. 

23 minutes ago, NextYear'sTheOne said:

I'm sure McD was not pleased at Foster when he stopped running on the free play. Did not help his stock. 

Personally I would have released Foster after the game based on his play. Harsh yes but giving up on a play deserves harshness.

22 minutes ago, sven233 said:

As someone that was very concerned about his base and footwork coming out of college, I have to say he has come a long way in a short amount of time.  I watched every one of his games this year in college and, while I knew enough that there was unlimited potential there, I didn't want to go that route because I saw just how far he had to go.  I didn't want the project even though I knew in the end he could be the best QB in the draft.

That said, while I haven't been to every single practice, I have seen him practice and have watched his half multiple times against Carolina watching nothing but his footwork at times and I came away surprised how much better his base looked.  And while he still has a ways to go, in my opinion, he is much further along at this point than I thought he could get to since his college season ended.  This shows me the guy works at it and takes coaching well which is very important.  While he will never lead the league in completion percentage, he has the ability to make plays from anywhere on the field.  That's something we haven't seen here in many years.  If the kid keeps working to become more consistent, I think we will all be very happy with the finished product.

Hmm, more crow. I like that. But you have more history than most if you were really paying attention to him in college. So your comments are awesome to me! 

• Like (+1) 2