Josh Allen ain’t bad

13 hours ago, zow2 said:

Allen wasn’t the incompetent, bumbling, inaccurate fool I was half expecting him to be....based on some of the “experts”.  He definitely has some tools and didn’t look overwhelmed out there.  Kinda saw a little Carson Wentz in his game.  All in all, he won’t be starting right away but the future looks good.

If he/the coaches can find a way to slow down the game for him he is going to be amazing.  He made 30 yard throws off his back foot look like a dump off in the flat.

47 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Robert Foster was making me livid last night......

Your a deep threat speed guy

You have a QB throwing the ball in your area deep

Stretch out and  MAKE A DAMN PLAY

Josh Allen showed some good stuff last night...imagine of Foster caught those deep throws that he didnt even bother to make a play on?

If you count the two drops (Reily and Mc Cloud) and the two massive screw ups by Foster (1 ball through his hands, stopped running the route on the second deep ball) he'd have been 13 - 19 with 3 TDs.

Just like in Wyoming, his teammates really let him down last night. He needs time with 2s at least.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Luka said:

If you count the two drops (Reily and Mc Cloud) and the two massive screw ups by Foster (1 ball through his hands, stopped running the route on the second deep ball) he'd have been 13 - 19 with 3 TDs.

Just like in Wyoming, his teammates really let him down last night. He needs time with 2s at least.

It wasn’t Reily on that 3rd down drop.

I don't think we're thinking of the same play.

EDIT: It was Foster I was thinking of, but it wasn't a drop, he was wide open, looked like he didn't know which route to run and was kind of just jogging as the ball went to the sideline. I guess you might be able to put it on Allen but judging from Foster's performance, I'd say Josh knew the play and Foster didn't.

So Prohel drop, Mc Cloud drop, and Foster being terrible all over the field.

Edited by Luka

I thought that Josh Allen played pretty well last night considering that it was his first pro game. However, I'm a little annoyed at the coverage of the game in the Bflo News. The headlines were all about Allen & they were all gushing over his play. Humbly, I felt that the story of the night was the play of Petermen & McCarren. Although Allen played well, Our other two QB's were close to perfect & for me that was the story. It's nice having three decent QB's.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Luka said:

great points.

Plus the yards would have piled up close to 300 in one half. 

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

We can't make excuses for him either. That's the kind of stupid play that results in -7 point momentum-changer.

"Nothing to lose" isn't accurate. The Bills were still in the game.

You mean in the preseason game?  Thats almost the definition of "nothing to lose".  Its monopoly money, let him spend it

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Dude it's preseason. I don't even think of it as a game, it's a series of practice scrimmages. In a real game we wouldn't have even gone for it there. It was just an opportunity to practice a play, but the play got blown up and Allen tried to make something happen on his own. Who really cares?

We can't have it both ways if we're going to critique his game. 

If you want to say "it's just a preseason game," then disregard everything.

They'll go into the film room, look at that play, and tell Allen what he did wrong. The same way they would for a regular season game. Do you disagree with that?

1 hour ago, BillsMafia13 said:

You mean in the preseason game?  Thats almost the definition of "nothing to lose".  Its monopoly money, let him spend it

Same point.

Preseason games are a simulation of regular season and the players want to be executing correctly. They'll be critiqued as if it's a regular season game.

If it doesn't matter to you, why get so defensive about a legitimate critique?

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

It wasn’t Reily on that 3rd down drop.

Reilly was in on the very first 3-and-out. The broadcast didn't have a good angle, so I couldn't tell if he dropped it or if it was uncatchable. Looked like he got his hands on it, though.

Edit: Nevermind, you're right. Overthrown pass to Proehl. I swear, these white guys all look the same.

Edited by LeGOATski
U rite, u rite.

Great stat from Aaron Schatz today.

Only 17 passes in the entire NFL in the last 5 years have travelled more than 60 yards in the air.  

Only 4 of them were caught.

Last year at Wyoming, Allen completed ONE (1) pass that traveled 40 yards in the air (or more).

Interesting. 

Edited by Fadingpain

38 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Only 17 passes in the entire NFL in the last 5 years have travelled more than 60 yards in the air.  

Only 4 of them were caught.

Why is this interesting? I would wager most of those were hail marys. Most QBs can't shoot the ball 60+ yards downfield with a flick of the wrist so obviously most offenses don't bother trying. I hope we throw deep a ton this year. Tooo many times I've seen the Bills secondary get a DPI on long throws and the past couple years we haven't tried to be the beneficiaries of that.

Edited by HappyDays