Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Moderation good men.  Moderation.

there is no moderation on that plate... Way too much starch....  Some people can handle it, especially those who are very active but for many that is carb overload for a single meal

20 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

McGlinchey and Miller were both on the Ravens' radar, apparently

Really? They just took Ronnie Stanley last year so that's kinda interesting. They ended up getting Orlando Brown out of Oklahoma in the third round. NBC zeroed in on him a little bit during the HoF game and he had some struggles. He's got that 6'8" height like Miller and McGlinchey (who's 6'9") and the one recurring theme I see with dudes that tall that play OL is they struggle to maintain leverage and that's pretty much what Brown displayed last Thursday. 

Just now, blacklabel said:

Really? They just took Ronnie Stanley last year so that's kinda interesting. They ended up getting Orlando Brown out of Oklahoma in the third round. NBC zeroed in on him a little bit during the HoF game and he had some struggles. He's got that 6'8" height like Miller and McGlinchey (who's 6'9") and the one recurring theme I see with dudes that tall that play OL is they struggle to maintain leverage and that's pretty much what Brown displayed last Thursday. 

Brown also had an absolutely abysmal combine.  I think he benched 225 like 9 times, really bad.  and slow, and nonathletic was the best way to describe him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Brown also had an absolutely abysmal combine.  I think he benched 225 like 9 times, really bad.  and slow, and nonathletic was the best way to describe him. 

Yep, I read that as well. Early mocks had him going to Baltimore at #16 overall but, as you said, after his dismal combine, they were able to wait on him and get him at like #88 overall.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Bandito said:

It is true. We gave up some nicely located picks to move up and we had other holes to fill. I hope Allen pans out but it sounds like he is definitely a work in progress. I get we didn't know if AJ would be ready at the time of the draft but it looks like he will be the starter. Wish we could've filled more holes. At the same time, I hope Allen lights it up!

it's not true at all.  giving up the "farm" means a lot more to me than what the bills gave up for allen.  if he doesn't pan out, it's fair to say it was a waste, but using that term is just being dramatic.  the bills didn't have to give up any future picks, and still managed to get another potential star in the first round.  

5 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Bros, garbage plates aren't something you eat on a regular basis. It's a "my god I'm wasted and need to stuff my face full of food to soak up this booze" meal. Lighten up Frances 

Just because it is mixed up with all the other things, we would not dream of giving you less than a full helping.

• Haha (+1) 2

Mack's great and a Buffalo hero. But we have Hughes and Murphy at DE. Both legit starters that we're signed on to pay starter money to.

The way I see it, DE is set at the moment. Would Mack be an upgrade? Yes. But is it really worth it to Beane to give up what it would take in both cap and trade compensation for a position he feels he already covered this offseason? I don't see it.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Mack's great and a local Buffalo boy. But we have Hughes and Murphy at DE. Both legit starters that we're signed on to pay starter money to.

The way I see it, DE is set at the moment. Would Mack be an upgrade? Yes. But is it really worth it to Beane to give up what it would take in both cap and trade compensation for a position he feels he already covered this offseason? I don't see it.

He's actually from Florida.   F5 F5 F5. :blink:

As much as I'd love Mack on our team, this year, I agree with those who say we're fine there with Hughes, Murphy, Shaq and Eddie.  I think the smarter move, if there's truly one coming, is for a LG/RT or improvement at WR/TE. 

Now if Oakland is out-leveraged and we can get Mack for a player and pick....that's not to say I wouldn't be all in on that move.

Edited by SCBills

12 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Probably, but part of the trade is the agreement to pay him what the Raiders won't so that is going to limit how much a team is willing to give up considering they are going to have to basically make him the highest defensive player in the NFL.

Anyways, here is the discussion by ESPN Reporter on Raiders Wire

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/07/espn-raiders-de-khalil-mack-could-be-a-trade-candidate/

What is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS is the multiple links to WWE stuff at the bottom of that article!  Raiders fans and WWE - goes hand in hand.  Awesomesauce!

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's actually from Florida.   F5 F5 F5. :blink:

Wasn't he all sorts of salty on Buffalo last year when the Raiders came to town? Dude refused to do any press and acted like the entire city wronged him in some way. So... who knows if Buffalo is even a place he'd wanna play.

2 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Wasn't he all sorts of salty on Buffalo last year when the Raiders came to town? Dude refused to do any press and acted like the entire city wronged him in some way. So... who knows if Buffalo is even a place he'd wanna play.

I don't remember hearing that but it's a possibility.  He is/was in Buffalo working out not too long ago so I would guess he wouldn't be too opposed.