Mark Ludwiczak calls out the national media’s coverage of Josh Allen

It depends on the context. He is a first round QB that has yet to take significant reps from a 5th round 5 INT in one half second year player.  I suppose you could call that disappointing.  But to those that know, Allen is probably right where he should be.  

My guess and hope is AJ plays two series in pre-season game 1, Peterman the rest of the first half, and Allen gets the entire second half.  Allen lights it up and earns significant 1st and 2nd team reps heading into game 2 and is the 2nd QB to play in game 2.

All that said, I can't imagine Allen beating out AJ for the starting job against Baltimore at this point.  If he starts in 2018 it will be later in the season.

• Like (+1) 6

I have not been to training camp, but the reports are exactly what we expected from him.  Allen is making some throws the other two guys probably couldn't make.  But then he's missing some easy throws too.  Mostly, he's performing like the rookie he is.  

I'm not sure who would be disappointed with him.  So far, he's pretty much as advertised: a raw talent.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I have not been to training camp, but the reports are exactly what we expected from him.  Allen is making some throws the other two guys probably couldn't make.  But then he's missing some easy throws too.  Mostly, he's performing like the rookie he is.  

I'm not sure who would be disappointed with him.  So far, he's pretty much as advertised: a raw talent.  

It's what some of us expected. It's what I expected. Obviously Bills fans exist that hold Allen accountable to save next season. 

Just because it's a #1 pick it seems there are these unwritten rules that this guy is an immediate savior. 

Edited by Lfod

22 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

It depends on the context. He is a first round QB that has yet to take significant reps from a 5th round 5 INT in one half second year player.  I suppose you could call that disappointing.  But to those that know, Allen is probably right where he should be.  

My guess and hope is AJ plays two series in pre-season game 1, Peterman the rest of the first half, and Allen gets the entire second half.  Allen lights it up and earns significant 1st and 2nd team reps heading into game 2 and is the 2nd QB to play in game 2.

All that said, I can't imagine Allen beating out AJ for the starting job against Baltimore at this point.  If he starts in 2018 it will be later in the season.

McBeane said nothing will change until after first preseason game so how do you expect something to change when it cant.. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good for him, the National media’s lack of knowledge ( or interest) re: the Bills is comical. Just the other day, I had NFLN on and the three hosts were discussing goings on in the various training camps. One host ( female , don’t recall her name) said it was becoming clearer that Nate Peterman was progressing in the offense faster than the others because he was working with first team. Just clueless...

I've seen a number of tweets the last week or so highlighting an incompletion from as Allen confirmation of how much he sucks.

The concerns about him are justified but it seems like some people are really hoping he'll be a bust. 

I don't even think it's about hating Allen. I think part of it is a dig at the Bills, because of course we'd trade up and pick the wrong guy.

It's also about these "experts" maintaining whatever credibility they have as writers

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Good post, but we have to see how the QBs look in the preseason games.  Or at least the first one.

I am drawing no definitive conclusions right now about anything.  Like saying no way can Allen beat out AJ for Game 1 starter.

Too early.  Also, these guys are getting the reps/work that they are not necessarily b/c they are good or bad, but because that is the system that was drawn up weeks ago.  I assume.  

Things are likely to change a bit once we see all 3 perform in PS Game 1 and 2.  If Allen is still getting limited 3rd team reps after a couple games, my attitude would change.

1 minute ago, CNY315 said:

I've seen a number of tweets the last week or so highlighting an incompletion from as Allen confirmation of how much he sucks.

The concerns about him are justified but it seems like some people are really hoping he'll be a bust. 

I don't even think it's about hating Allen. I think part of it is a dig at the Bills, because of course we'd trade up and pick the wrong guy.

It's also about these "experts" maintaining whatever credibility they have as writers

Before the Bills drafted Josh Allen I seen a lot of dislike for Allen. I even seen a joke video on this site about the Bills picking Allen like a nightmare sequence.

I was actually surprised when it happened. I had no dog in the race but with the level of trash being talked about Allen and the tweet thing I thought it was Rosen. 

I agree with the thought process. Pick the big physical specimen. So I grew to really love the pick after awhile. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, GG said:

We’ll, if Mahomes can be disappointing in camp, then so can Allen, darn it!

Except he's not.  I am impressed with all the replies to Bleacher Report's stupid tweet.  They are not going to let Bleacher Report get away with lazy, stupid reporting.