Better Call Saul: Season 4

/dev/null

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I interpreted it as him not rejecting personal responsibility for his brother's death.  Also, the start of the transition from Jimmy to Saul.

Exactly. He appeared to be grieving but he actually was worried he'd be blamed for Chuck's death. When Howard said he felt responsible over the malpractice insurance issue, Jimmy was happy to let him "bear that cross."

Of course Howard doesn't know Jimmy tipping off the insurance company about Chuck's condition is why that issue came to a head.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Exactly. He appeared to be grieving but he actually was worried he'd be blamed for Chuck's death. When Howard said he felt responsible over the malpractice insurance issue, Jimmy was happy to let him "bear that cross."

Of course Howard doesn't know Jimmy tipping off the insurance company about Chuck's condition is why that issue came to a head.

There's a rocky past relationship between Jimmy and Howard too and that may have played a role.  Howard's role going forward will be interesting given that's the first time he's shown any real pain/vulnerability.  

Just finished watching episode 1.  Great episode, even if it moved kind of slowly.

Loved the "Gene in Omaha" black and white stuff at the beginning.  Absolutely riveting stuff...

And the last scene...Jimmy realizes his performance at the insurance agency played a major role in his brother's death, and he liked it.  Check out that look on Kim's face!  She seemed shocked at Jimmy's reaction; I am wondering if that relationship is about to end.

The Gus/Nacho stuff was a little slow, but it's all foundation work for stuff upcoming this season.  The Mike sequence at the warehouse was all really well done; he's my favorite character in the show. 

Loved the Bruce Lee/Ali debate going on in the lunch room! 

Can't wait to see more.

11 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I loved Mike's day at the office :lol:

Only Mike would have to justify getting paid by actually working for it. He's the conscience of the show. 

So, hes in Omaha. The cab driver has a Albequerque Isotopes thing hanging from the rearview, so they both are from Albequerque.

Think he recognized Saul? Remember Saul's face was all over billboards and commercials during Breaking Bad. 

And depending on why Saul became Gene, the guy may have been sitting there calling the cops. 

Edited by Captain_Quint

On 8/3/2018 at 4:22 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Saw the  teaser last week and put a reminder in my phone. Looking for something good to watch after the Westworld disappointment. 

Thank you.

Westworld season 2 was Ballzagna.

On 8/8/2018 at 12:41 AM, Fadingpain said:

Just finished watching episode 1.  Great episode, even if it moved kind of slowly.

Loved the "Gene in Omaha" black and white stuff at the beginning.  Absolutely riveting stuff...

And the last scene...Jimmy realizes his performance at the insurance agency played a major role in his brother's death, and he liked it.  Check out that look on Kim's face!  She seemed shocked at Jimmy's reaction; I am wondering if that relationship is about to end.

The Gus/Nacho stuff was a little slow, but it's all foundation work for stuff upcoming this season.  The Mike sequence at the warehouse was all really well done; he's my favorite character in the show. 

Loved the Bruce Lee/Ali debate going on in the lunch room! 

Can't wait to see more.

This entire series is slow. I do love the show, but every season has been a bit slow. I'm actually surprised that we're on the 4th season. I don't think any other show that told a story this slowly would ever last. Breaking bad only went 5 and a half seasons and that show was non stop drama. 

Just now, Fadingpain said:

SFADkVPd_400x400.jpg

Many things to like about her. The Aussie accent might be the deal sealer though!

But man, I mean depending on your perspective, she gets herself in trouble on the party nights off the boat. For management, she really should watch the alcohol-related drama! Now if you are the benefactor of her reduced power of judgment, that's a whole different story. ?

20 hours ago, Steptide said:

This entire series is slow. I do love the show, but every season has been a bit slow. I'm actually surprised that we're on the 4th season. I don't think any other show that told a story this slowly would ever last. Breaking bad only went 5 and a half seasons and that show was non stop drama. 

Both shows are perfect for binge watching.  I never watched Breaking Bad until it was already off the air because I didn't have cable when it started.  I flew through all of it and I bet it would have been the same with this show.  The wife loved Breaking Bad but hasn't watched any of this one so far.  I think that's a cheap excuse for me to go back and start the whole thing all over again.  It'll be worth it just to see the episode that gave Mike's back story.

12 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Mike is definitely my favorite character.  I know it's all writing but dude is as clever as they come.   The warehouse thing was awesome.    

I kind-of wished they'd snuck a Beverly Hills Cop reference in there.  

Kim going off on Howard...that's Rhea Seehorn's Emmy nomination right there.