Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice Day 8 - 6:15 PM at New Era

Just now, SCBills said:

Put me in the camp that starts Allen if we continue to hear reports like this.  

His talent is absurd.  

If AJ can’t create noticeable separation going into the year, start JA.   

As long as people don't call Allen a bust after his first loss. (Or incompletion!)

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...pretty surprising he has declined.......

Please consider the source first on that “LVP” statement . 

After reading and hearing this guy I wonder if he even watches practice sometimes 

Edited by bobblehead

25 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Honestly, Peterman blows.

I'm trying to figure out what demographic he appeals to.

How many Peterman fans were Trent Edwards supporters? I'm thinking there is some overlap. 

Put him next to a Real QB who is decisive, has one of the strongest arms to come out in a while and prototypically  looks the part and  there is no comparison.

And that’s both AJ and Peterman.

Having been burned SOOOO many times by my inability to control my “ Billieving” , it would be nice for once to actually have a huge break in the Bills favor turn out.

Please let the O Line be above serviceable and let Allen Showout in Preseason!!!!!!???

12 minutes ago, bobblehead said:

Please consider the source first on that “LVP” statement . 

After reading and hearing this guy I wonder if he even watches practice sometimes 

...great point...TBD'ers in attendance even said he made some nice plays....couldn't understand how he went from the penthouse to outhouse that quickly.....same "accuracy in reporting" with the Washington kid....go figure.................

18 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Those throws only impress me in games. It's one thing to complete the throw but it's more about having the mental awareness to recognize when to throw it. That's something we'll only find out in games. 

Biggest difference I see with a throw like this is, this is a throw that Tyrod would very rarely make. The ball came out well before the reciever turned around. Allen's anticipation seems to be light years ahead of where Tyrod is/was. Also, from the Twitter vids I've seen, allen looks like his footwork is pretty solid. I'm sure he still has much to learn, but he doesnt look like our qbs of the past

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Biggest difference I see with a throw like this is, this is a throw that Tyrod would very rarely make. The ball came out well before the reciever turned around. Allen's anticipation seems to be light years ahead of where Tyrod is/was. Also, from the Twitter vids I've seen, allen looks like his footwork is pretty solid. I'm sure he still has much to learn, but he doesnt look like our qbs of the past

We don't know if they were intentionally practicing this throw or he saw it and threw it. I'm glad he completed it, but seeing it is the most important part. Few QB's see this throw. Aaron Rodgers is the best. He and Jordy Nelson would do this at will. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Put me in the camp that starts Allen if we continue to hear reports like this.  

His talent is absurd.  

If AJ can’t create noticeable separation going into the year, start JA.   

He needs to start getting more reps with the 1s

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

He needs to start getting more reps with the 1s

They need to figure out week 1 starter asap and likely be after first preseason game I don’t see JA starting even if he is the most talented 

then go

1st team reps with them aj/np 

2nd JA 

3rd whoever is left 

Didn't see this, probably means I missed it up thread

Joe B's take on last night's practice

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-2018-buffalo-bills-training-camp-day-8

Joe's MVP: TE Jason Croom

Joe's LVP: WR Robert "Can't Hold On" Foster.  Guy has to start treating the football like his most valuable possession or he's gonna be gone

Looked for Cover1 and Sal but nothing yet.

From Buffalo Bills website.

McCarron TD.  LOL at the hip action accompanying his footwork:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/camp-highlight-mccarron-to-kerley

Edit: yep, missed it up thread

Jason Croom impressing is intriguing.   He converted from WR to TE at Tennessee and was coming off surgery his senior year.   

Reminds me of an Evan Engram-type if he realizes his full potential.  

35 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Very impressed with Allen last night, and if I’m not mistaken, was that his first time Allen didn’t throw an INT in practice?

Yes, although to be fair he didn't throw that many passes. Lots of run plays.